HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Directv/MSG/High Def question...

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2006, 09:14 AM
jdsrangers

vCash: 500
Directv/MSG/High Def question...

I am getting High Def for my Directv service. Are the Ranger games shown on High Def on MSG?

I know they are for cablevision not sure on Directv.

The rep at Directv said if program says broadcast in high Def ( I see that on screen when game is on) then you get game in High Def. But I noticed that HD channels are broadcast on their own seperate channel on Directv, I only want high def if I can see Ranger games on high def!

Need your help...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jdsrangers: 01-07-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old
01-07-2006, 09:17 AM
bubba5

not that i am aware of. once in a while they have the hd broadcast on comcast.

Old
01-07-2006, 09:20 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsrangers
I am getting High Def for my Directv service. Are the Ranger games shown on High Def on MSG?

I know they are for cablevision not sure on Directv.

Thanks in advance!
Hidef home games only and only on Cable(never on satellite) . I hear the football package is great tho.

And please dont pansy around with that 768 hidef bs ("ED" enhanced definition) Go big time with the true HD = 1080i

Old
01-07-2006, 09:26 AM
bubba5

HD is awesome, I have the sony wega 50" and Al Trautwig never looked so good. To bad comcrap doesn't put all the home games on hi def.

Old
01-07-2006, 09:27 AM
jdsrangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
Hidef home games only and only on Cable(never on satellite) . I hear the football package is great tho.

And please dont pansy around with that 768 hidef bs ("ED" enhanced definition) Go big time with the true HD = 1080i

Getting the 1080i....still debating between 50 in Sansung Plasma or Sansong 56 in DLP. I like them both but Plasma cost $1,500 move (BUT what a picture)

Old
01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
broadwayblue

i'm fairly certain that MSG-HD is only available on cable.

HD is amazing...for those of you who don't have a HD display yet and have HD programming available to you i urge you to go for it. i bought a panasonic HD front projector last March and it was the best purchase i've ever made ($2000.) watching Rangers game in HD with a 112" picture is awesome! gaming on my xbox 360 in HD is sick too...when my pals come over and we play COD2 II split screen deathmatches we each get our own 56" screens! HD is great...and front projection is unreal. go for it...you won't regret it.

Old
01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Getting the 1080i....still debating between 50 in Sansung Plasma or Sansong 56 in DLP. I like them both but Plasma cost $1,500 move (BUT what a picture)

DLP is better than Plasma. Plasma has burn-in issues and slower "refresh rate" which for sports, can be a problem. there is sometimes trails on fast-action.

Not that i have either, so its an unbiased opinion.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Tube TVs are still owning plasmas right now in terms of longterm durability and long term picture quality. Plasmas will overtake tubes in terms of that in around 5 years or so, but right now it ain't even a challange. I have a Panisonic Tao, and it's one fo the best TVs I've ever had. I compare it all the time to the plasmas that I know people have and I still am much happier with my picture quality in HD and normal mode than I am with the plasma ones. As soon as the plasmas are 100% on par, however, I'll be switching over.

Closed Thread