HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Edmonton

Old
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Chicago-Edmonton

Chicago
Andy Sutton

Edmonton
4th round pick
Shawn Lalonde

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
I'm not sure Sutton is the guy we want. I'd like to add his physicallity, but he seems to cross the line too much and he's obviously not a top-4 guy.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Beerfish

I'd be surprised if the oilers dealt sutton by himself unless someone offers something crazy like a 2nd rounder. He might be an inclusion in a bigger deal but I get the feeling that the Oilers would rather keep him and what he brings to the end of the year (if they keep playing better as they have the last short while.)

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Don't know much about lalonde. Would like a 3rd. Sutton when he plays is a stabilizing force for the 3rd paying

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:27 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'm not sure Sutton is the guy we want. I'd like to add his physicallity, but he seems to cross the line too much and he's obviously not a top-4 guy.
Just being realistic. I'd love a top 4 guy too, but if we must settle for a bottom pairing guy, Sutton would be a good choice.

Old
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
Don't know much about lalonde. Would like a 3rd. Sutton when he plays is a stabilizing force for the 3rd paying
You can have a 3rd instead.

Old
02-01-2012, 03:35 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Just being realistic. I'd love a top 4 guy too, but if we must settle for a bottom pairing guy, Sutton would be a good choice.
If it's a "we tried everything else move" I'm fine with it. Like I said, his physicallity would be welcomed.. but this is, hopefully, not a guy we're targeting right now.

As far as Lalonde, for EDM fans.. he's a very good skating PMD with an edge. Not a huge hitter by any means, but he gets in the corners, throws his weight around. He's just under 6'1 and almost 200lbs (Keith size) and while he's not having a very good year this year, he did have a very solid rookie season and should get more ice-time with Brian Connelly dealt to Calgary. Also, if it matters he was one of the last cuts from the Canada WJC team in 2010.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
giza

Sutton

With Connolly recently dealt to Calgary for Morrison, I don't think Rockford can afford to lose Lalonde. I also think that Sutton is a marked man and when he starts to play in the playoffs, he'll be a marked man by Shanahan which renders him somewhat uselss. I think a 3rd is all I would throw at him, unfortunately cause his size and physicality is what the Hawks need.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
I'd rather just hang on to Sutton to be honest.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
With Connolly recently dealt to Calgary for Morrison, I don't think Rockford can afford to lose Lalonde. I also think that Sutton is a marked man and when he starts to play in the playoffs, he'll be a marked man by Shanahan which renders him somewhat uselss. I think a 3rd is all I would throw at him, unfortunately cause his size and physicality is what the Hawks need.
Sutton's thrown some pretty devastating hits since his last suspension and is playing some really solid hockey at the moment, i.e. he's playing better 'post bogus suspension'.

I think someone will certainly offer more than a late third rounder but like others have stated I think if Sutton moves it's likely to be part of a package deal.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:45 PM
misfit

Just 2 years ago, Sutton himself was traded at the deadline for a 2nd. Players like him usually bring in a 2nd or 3rd most years on deadline day.

I think the Oilers will (and should) trade Sutton, but if they trade him for a 4th and a minor league defenseman who wouldn't even be top 4 on the Oilers' farm team right now, then Tambellini isn't doing his job.

02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
True. Are Clendening and Johns both going to be in the AHL next year?

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Eskimo44

I think this is a reasonable offer, it would keep you in the hunt for his services i'd think. The Oilers ought to move him IMO.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote