HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tuomo Ruutu could be dealt this week

Old
02-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Brentwood1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMPV View Post
Ruutu EASILY beats out Berglund, Gagner, Ennis and Gerbe, Brouwer and arguably Laich also. He is a top 6 forward on most teams.
Ruutu doesn't easily beat out Berglund, not to mention the guy who listed our top 6 left off Chris Stewart, I'd say he's a top 6 player on any team in the league...

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:53 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
Ruutu doesn't easily beat out Berglund, not to mention the guy who listed our top 6 left off Chris Stewart, I'd say he's a top 6 player on any team in the league...
Gah. I forgot Stewart, I knew there was someone on the Blues I was missing.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
LandofLincoln

I hope Florida gets him

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
He does with almost every coach in the league. He absolutely does when Ken Hitchcock is your coach... And Chris Stewart has been awful this year

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:03 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
It looks like the Coyotes are going to be sellers and depending on what kind of forward a team is looking for, wouldn't surprise me if more teams covet Ray Whitney more than Ruuttu. Whitney brings with him the experience of being there and winning it all.
I'm pretty sure Whitney has a NTC and it might be tricky getting him to waive it. He's not big on leaving the family or uprooting them in the middle of the school year.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
He does with almost every coach in the league. He absolutely does when Ken Hitchcock is your coach... And Chris Stewart has been awful this year
As a neutral fan, I have to disagree. Berglund is an elite defensive center that oozes offensive talent. Once he puts it all together, I have no doubt he'll be better than Ruutu.

I can agree with you on Stewart, though I think teams would rather have Stewart because of the numbers he can put up when he is motivated.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
I debated over Vancouver and finally decided on Ruutu over Higgins, but either way, Bertuzzi, Cleary, and Holmstrom are not top-6 forwards in any sense of the word (you forgot Filppula though), Ruutu is better than Penner and Gagne is injured, I'd take Ruutu over Sullivan, Stalberg, and Morrison.

Did I miss the part where Gagner, Laich, and Berglund are centers and Ruutu is a wing? I'll give you Gerbe and Brouwer maybe, but I'd take Ennis over Ruutu every time.
Ruutu plays all forward position, plays center pretty frequently.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
As a neutral fan, I have to disagree. Berglund is an elite defensive center that oozes offensive talent. Once he puts it all together, I have no doubt he'll be better than Ruutu.

I can agree with you on Stewart, though I think teams would rather have Stewart because of the numbers he can put up when he is motivated.
We're not talking about "when he puts it together", "when he's motivated" or potential. We're talking about who'd be in the top 6 today. And the answer is Rutuu.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Brentwood1

Quote:

Last game before the break Berglund was playing like a man posessed, I'd look for him to have a big second half. He was struggling with confidence issues, but he's snapping out of it. In regards to Stewie, once McDonald comes back he'll start lighting up the lamp as well...

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:17 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Bergland is a center so they are not even comparable.... Stewart has also played better as of late. Stewart has more talent. The blues have Steen, Perron, Oshie, MacDonald and Stewart on the wings. He doesnt fit on the team.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-01-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: edited out needless remark
HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
I think Vancouver (Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Booth, and Higgins), Detriot (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Holmstrom), LA (Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Gagne, Williams, and Penner), Pittsburgh (Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, Sullivan, and Staal/Dupuis), Chicago (Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Stalberg, and Morrison) have their top-6 set for the playoffs too (I'm assuming everyone is healthy by the playoffs by the way).
Agree about the Hawks top 6. They'd want Ruutu on the 3rd line with Bolland to add some extra physicality and offense.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMPV View Post
Ruutu plays all forward position, plays center pretty frequently.
From what I have seen, Ruutu is less effective as a center. But maybe I'm just watching the wrong games.

Quote:
We're not talking about "when he puts it together", "when he's motivated" or potential. We're talking about who'd be in the top 6 today. And the answer is Rutuu.
I'd take Patrik Berglund today. Simply my opinion. It's okay to disagree.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Illinihockey

Ruutu is not a center

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Ruutu is not a center
But if you ask him, he would like to play center. He has said that many times.

Muscles4Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:06 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Just no buddy. Kreisler truly isn't going anywhere. Definitely not for a rental. Just accept it, deal with it, move on. Miller could be moved but the likelihood that a top 20 pick from 7 months ago gets dealt for a rental is also ridiculously low. But honestly, you just know nothing about Kreider if you think Ruutu had the same odds of fetching him as a 2nd and mid prospect.
Dude. He's not saying the Canes are gonna get Kreider for Ruutu straight up. He's not saying the Canes could get Kreider at all. All he's saying is that Kredier would likely be a player the Canes would want to target from the Rangers. Ruutu would/could be used as one of the pieces in a larger deal. Jesus man. You're saying without a shadow of a doubt that Kreider will never get traded. HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED A GAME IN THE NHL YET. Far better players have been moved a million times over.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:37 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
This is retarded. This thread has over 30K views and LeBrun used the word <b>could</b>.

We need to hold people like him more accountable. To me this is just as unreliable as some high school student who's making it up as he goes along.

We need to see words like will, definitely and must more often when we're quoting something a bum like LeBrun says.

Denis Rodman could become the GM of the Florida Panthers next season. Yes, he could.

Mark Zukerberg might get bored of being rich and give 99% of his wealth away to my cousin. Yes, he might.

These boobs on TV do nothing but feed our trade-starved minds with garbage.

People have been talking about Ruutu being traded for months now. Hmmm I wonder why he might've posted this? AH! MAYBE it's because the trade deadline is coming up soon and Rutuu is going UFA? Nah... that's crazy.

Remember when the Oilers were trying to convince Heater to become an Oiler? They used the words like have and did at first, and then they topped it off with words like won't, don't and doesn't want.

I really figure theres nothing to respect able what these bums are talking about these days. They just want an excuse to get some air time so that we remember who they are, become used to seeing their faces and ultimately want to see them more often.

They're just conditioning us to yearn for garbage.

The day I yearn for garbage, I'll start subscribing to The National Enquirer. Till then I'm going pray to the hockey gods that people start showing their common sense a little respect by not giving any b-grade reporting like this the time of day.

Thanks
That's all.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Still think there is a good chance Ruutu ends up in Chicago

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Still think there is a good chance Ruutu ends up in Chicago
I would love to see him back in Chicago. I always wished we could have seen the guy stay healthy. He was always a favorite of mine. I think he's exactly the type of player this lineup needs an infusion of.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
To update the situation:

Quote:
General manager Jim Rutherford has been talking to teams about Ruutu (who is an unrestricted free agent this summer) and the asking price has been steep - a significant draft pick and a solid prospect or a top prospect alone. Ruuttu has the ability to both score goals and play a physical game, so a lot of teams have interest - including the Vancouver Canucks, Los Angeles Kings, Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers amongst others.

The Rangers, for example, figure Ruutu is just the type of Top 9 forward that could play coach John Tortorella's demanding style.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387096

Quote:
Rutherford said he will have "important meeting" on the trip with Tuomo Ruutu to discuss Ruutu's future with the Canes.
Quote:
Rutherford on Ruutu meeting: "I want to see where he's at, this season and in the future. Then we'll go from there."
Quote:
Rutherford on Ruutu: "The next step will be in making a decision on what direction to take that's best for everyone."
https://twitter.com/#!/ice_chip

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Ok, some of that makes sense but I really don't see Vancouver going after Ruutu, unless it were strictly to block SJ, Chicago, or Detroit from doing so. Vancouver has one of the deepest forward groups in the NHL already.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:54 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Ok, some of that makes sense but I really don't see Vancouver going after Ruutu, unless it were strictly to block SJ, Chicago, or Detroit from doing so. Vancouver has one of the deepest forward groups in the NHL already.
he adds the extda grit as well being a playoff producer.........just means the 4 lines are very deep

of course we could trade a raymond for ruutu because of cap.... similiar production,,,, speed for more grit

and u could be right too. in to block or drive up the price for ruutu to a western team

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
would be interesting to see what Sather would give up for him.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
would be interesting to see what Sather would give up for him.
Certainly not a 1st, imo.

He hasn't traded a first since the Pavel Bure deal.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote