HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two Things Are Obvious

View Poll Results: Who Do The Rangers Make A Run At This Summer?
Ryan Suter 9 8.11%
Zach Parise 54 48.65%
Neither 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-01-2012, 11:08 PM
NJRangers35

vCash: 500
Two Things Are Obvious

The Rangers two most glaring holes are a point man for the power play and top 6 LW. The Rangers have cap room coming up this offseason. Who do you see the Rangers going after? Parise or Suter?
Would love to hear your comments.

NJRangers35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
The Rangers two most glaring holes are a point man for the power play and top 6 LW. The Rangers have cap room coming up this offseason. Who do you see the Rangers going after? Parise or Suter?
I don't know how plausible this is, but a trade for Bobby Ryan would also be a good choice.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

yea they have cap space this offseason, and half the team going to RFA the season after..... how about looking into the future and not locking up a guy to a Richards esc final contract of 7m+.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:13 PM
NJRangers35

I personally went with Parise myself. Lines of:

Parise-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-?
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

would make extremely happy.

NJRangers35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Vitto79

the kick the tires on Parise but dont get him............its a big investment. Also Suter is great but they already have a good young D. Weber makes Suter even better btw.

I still see next yr with much of the same, only changes are Feds, Wolski, Christensen walk...........replaced with one of Kreider, Miller, Thomas

Erixon in on D, Eminger walks

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:17 PM
nyrfan1026

I went with Parise as well. Ryan Suter is nice as hell but we should be more than fine on the back-end.

Realistically don't see how Parise fits in. Yes, you have Wolski Avery Feds are off the books and Drury buy-out cut in half this off-season season with only Pruster MDZ and Biron looking at slight raises.

Then, the following off-season you got Stepan and Mac-truck coming off their ELC's.

Those two following off-seasons after that you got Staal, Girardi, Callahan, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Lundqvist all looking at new deals. Gaborik is probably gone, but the rest should be looked at as core members (maybe you lose G as well if Parise commands a huge huge huge salary cap).

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:20 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I don't know how plausible this is, but a trade for Bobby Ryan would also be a good choice.
AA+WW(salary dump)+Bickel+2012 1st+2013 1st for Ryan and a mid tier offensive prospect

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I dont see how we could afford parise.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Neither.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I dont see how we could afford parise.
Well it's definitely doable for the cap next year...but the following summer things get a little dicey. But I still think if you have the opportunity to add a talent like Parise (assuming he is 100% healthy), and he costs you nothing but cap space, you do it. Worst case, we have to move a player or two for picks or prospects in 2013.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:29 PM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
I personally went with Parise myself. Lines of:

Parise-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-?
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

would make extremely happy.
How don't you play Parise with Callahan and Dubinsky in this imaginary lineup? That line would be near impossible to play against.

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Parise-Dubinsky-Callahan
AA-Richards-Kreider
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Kreider is going to have a say in all of this next season.

Also, you don't have to break the bank on Parise, plenty of cheap one year options like Doan, Smyth, and dare I say Semin (yuk) are going to be available.

I'd be really curious what Byfuglien would cost. Does he make too much? Yup. But he's one of the only players in the NHL who can play the point on the PP AND/OR screen a goalie and do both well.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I'd prefer Ryan over Suter or Parise.

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Contrary to popular belief, the power play personal is not the problem. It is the system. Sure another weapon on the PP wouldn't hurt but the painfully obvious problem is the set up of the PP.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:50 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Contrary to popular belief, the power play personal is not the problem. It is the system. Sure another weapon on the PP wouldn't hurt but the painfully obvious problem is the set up of the PP.
The PP is sickening. Its gotta get fixed.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
The biggest issue that I can see is the flimsy wrister or soft point shots we have.
We need a guy with a blast...someone who can instill fear into the dmen. This will make more room for our guys down low. Right now noone is afraid to let our dmen have the puck...because the point shots wouldn't hurt a fly. As soon as we get a guy with a slapshot I have a feeling everything else will begin to work out.

When was our powerplay the absolute best in the last 3 years?
When we had Kotalik... Del Zotto had a guy to pass to...with a HARD RIGHT HANDED slap shot.

To be perfectly frank...we don't really need a defenseman...when healthy

Staal, McD, DZ, Sauer, Eminger, Stralman, Girardi are a perfectly good reliable depth.

We could potential just make one deal to get a LWer who shoots on his off wing who has a rocket. He could man the point, which should improve our PP...

This is a list of players with known hard slap shots who are RH and are all UFAs:
-Teemu Selanne
-Jarret Stoll
-Ales Kotalik
-Pavel Kubina
-Kurtis Foster

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 02-02-2012 at 12:13 AM.
ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
How don't you play Parise with Callahan and Dubinsky in this imaginary lineup? That line would be near impossible to play against.

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Parise-Dubinsky-Callahan
AA-Richards-Kreider
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
who knows if Prust will be back...first time as an UFA although he did thrive as a Ranger...anyone think Sather will trade for another Prust, maybe Clifford from the Kings or McGinn from the Sharks??

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Graves94

Whoever thinks the PP problem is the system and not the personnel, is sadly mistaken. When was the last time we had a top 10 PP. I would think the year we won the Cup, and the PP point men were Leetch and Zubov (laser of a shot). The personnel makes any system look better, and the key on the PP is creating chances by having different options, and not the same old tactics like we have seen for years.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:11 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Whoever thinks the PP problem is the system and not the personnel, is sadly mistaken. When was the last time we had a top 10 PP. I would think the year we won the Cup, and the PP point men were Leetch and Zubov (laser of a shot). The personnel makes any system look better, and the key on the PP is creating chances by having different options, and not the same old tactics like we have seen for years.
05-06 and 06-07 the PP was top 10.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:12 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

A big shot is needed, but the Power Play isn't even mediocre, its horrendous, not even able to gain the zone and sustain pressure at times. That's beyond just getting an additional player (though this team does need a goal scorer on the Left Wing in the absolute worst way).

Where is the movement, why isn't there someone in front screening the goaltender, wheres the crashing and banging, going for rebounds? They're always looking for the perfect shot. When your facing high end goaltenders, like Ryan Miller, thats just not good enough.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:21 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
A big shot is needed, but the Power Play isn't even mediocre, its horrendous, not even able to gain the zone and sustain pressure at times. That's beyond just getting an additional player (though this team does need a goal scorer on the Left Wing in the absolute worst way).

Where is the movement, why isn't there someone in front screening the goaltender, wheres the crashing and banging, going for rebounds? They're always looking for the perfect shot. When your facing high end goaltenders, like Ryan Miller, thats just not good enough.
I think the biggest problem with the PP is the breakout and zone entry. Once we get set up it isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but actually getting into the zone cleanly and setting up the puck movement seems like an impossible feat with this team.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:22 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I think the biggest problem with the PP is the breakout and zone entry. Once we get set up it isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but actually getting into the zone cleanly and setting up the puck movement seems like an impossible feat with this team.
Scott Gomez?

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:02 AM
jskramer83

What is amazing about this team is that there are a few major issues with it and yet it is still currently first overall. Imagine how good it could be once these players improve.... i cant remember seeing a team a top the standings at this point of the year with soooo much room for improvement! There is a lot to look forward too with this group

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Who would I go after? Parise. I don't think we'll be in legitimate bidding for either one.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Draft Guru

Neither.

The Rangers need to maintain cap flexibility to re-sign their own RFAs going forward and keeping this team together.

CBA expires September 15. The cap may very well go down. You can't handcuff yourself this summer with a 7+ year contract with a 7M+ cap hit to Parise.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote