HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Very exciting about Silfverberg!

Old
02-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Rookie status is any player under a certain age in SEL (20 or 21 I think)
I believe the maximum age to be eligible for Rookie of the Year is 23 (Christian Sandberg, 23 at the time, was nominated last season).

I'd really like to see 22-year old Frederik Andersen get nominated - he is now tied for the league lead in shutouts (with Gustafsson and Fasth) with five after making 36 saves against Timrå.

Old
02-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Why is not Rasmus Edström drafted?

Old
02-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Harks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Why is not Rasmus Edström drafted?
Well, he has been injured alot past years is my guess. Had a knee-injury last year which spoiled his season. And injured this fall too so his WJC-chances vanished missing pre-camps. Got back too late to really have a chance.

Has 6 points in last 8 games and if he keeps it up during playoffs, who knows?

Old
02-01-2012, 12:24 PM
WayneBruce

2013 draft eligible André Burakowsky just scored his first point for Malmö.

Old
02-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Filip Forsberg 1+2

Old
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post
Well, he has been injured alot past years is my guess. Had a knee-injury last year which spoiled his season. And injured this fall too so his WJC-chances vanished missing pre-camps. Got back too late to really have a chance.

Has 6 points in last 8 games and if he keeps it up during playoffs, who knows?
Can't argue with the players that was chosen for the WJC-team as they won gold, but still pretty funny how at the time when Granberg and Alm was selected to play/named reserve, Granberg was 6-7th defencemen in Skellefteå and Alm sat on the bench while Edström was playing more than 20 minutes a night on the first pairing, quarterbacking the first PP and had only been on the ice for 3 goals against..

Quote:
Viktor Arvidsson looked pretty good in the few shifts he played. Fast an shifty, he's small tho 5'9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Didn't look out of place at all, any reason why he hasn't played more this season?
Skellefteå has 16 forwards on the roster and 5 loaned to teams in SEL-2 and injuries have been scarce up until now. He also competes with 3-4 other juniors for the spot. That said, my guess is that the club will offer him a "utvecklingskontrakt" (how would you translate that?) after this season.

Lucas Wallmark (1995-09-05) was practicing with the SEL-team today, would be nice to see him play, I don't think a forward that young has ever played for Skellefteå.

Old
02-01-2012, 03:54 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Lucas Wallmark (1995-09-05) was practicing with the SEL-team today, would be nice to see him play, I don't think a forward that young has ever played for Skellefteå.
Future is looking bright for that kid if Skellefteå are as good at developing forwards as defencemen.

Last edited by WayneBruce: 02-02-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old
02-02-2012, 05:03 AM
RomersWorld*

What can you guys tell me about Ludvig Rensfeldt? Do we have a bust on our hands? Drafted #35 overall and has been quite underwhelming statistically to say the least.

How was he impressive in the lower leagues of Sweden? I know he didn't play much in the SEL. Any info is appreciated.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:20 AM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
What can you guys tell me about Ludvig Rensfeldt? Do we have a bust on our hands? Drafted #35 overall and has been quite underwhelming statistically to say the least.

How was he impressive in the lower leagues of Sweden? I know he didn't play much in the SEL. Any info is appreciated.
Never really liked him, always thought he was slow and very inconsistent. Did not really impress me in the WJC either but he has played fairly well for the national teams earlier. Could not believe my eyes when he was picked ahead of Järnkrok in the 2010 draft. If he makes the NHL one day I think it will be as a future bottom line forward.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:34 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Never really liked him, always thought he was slow and very inconsistent. Did not really impress me in the WJC either but he has played fairly well for the national teams earlier. Could not believe my eyes when he was picked ahead of Järnkrok in the 2010 draft. If he makes the NHL one day I think it will be as a future bottom line forward.
I think no one could. Typical scenario of where a club gets blinded a fair bit by size. I think his size advantage in juniors is a big factor when it comes to his numbers there, they're pretty good(not that good in OHL though). He is really slow aswell, he was easily the slowest guy on Sweden(among forwards anyway) at the WJC. Basically, the guy hasn't improved a lot in two years and it shows.

Agreed about the last part though, Rensfeldt can still make it is an energy guy, 3rd liner chipping in with some points. But I think he needs to work on his skating a lot to make that happen.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:21 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Johan Larsson NA bound in 12-13

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14304848.ab

Old
02-02-2012, 06:40 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Attached is the scoreboard for players under 20 (born 92 and later) in SEL. Also added their draft status.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sel_u20_players.GIF‎ (33.1 KB, 85 views)

Old
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post

Very underwhelming against 67's last week. Skating is poor, and on that night, didn't make up for it with intensity.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
JAS 39 Gripen

So...Silfverberg with a goal and an A after the first period..

Old
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Afro Thunder*

Silfver eats babies for pre game warm up.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:56 PM
DJB

vCash: 8579
Quote:
Johan Larsson NA bound in 12-13

Great pick by Minny!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14304848.ab
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Attached is the scoreboard for players under 20 (born 92 and later) in SEL. Also added their draft status.
Nice thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS 39 Gripen View Post
So...Silfverberg with a goal and an A after the first period..

Old
02-02-2012, 01:58 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Correction to my previous attachment. Sundstrom was drafted round2 #50, not round 2 #2.

And here the same stats for SEL-2.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sel2_u20_players.GIF‎ (31.1 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by romelson: 02-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I think no one could. Typical scenario of where a club gets blinded a fair bit by size.
There have been pretty much two recent cases where everyone following prospects in Sweden and worldwide have been stunned by drafting decisions surrounding Swedes, and there was the fall of Järnkrok, and the decision to take Thomas McCollum over Markström.

Those two were just flat out ridiculous, and it's not like it's a hindsight thing, either. They were just as ridiculous back then, and everyone who had followed them in their years leading up to the draft could see it. Very curious cases.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
There have been pretty much two recent cases where everyone following prospects in Sweden and worldwide have been stunned by drafting decisions surrounding Swedes, and there was the fall of Järnkrok, and the decision to take Thomas McCollum over Markström.

Those two were just flat out ridiculous, and it's not like it's a hindsight thing, either. They were just as ridiculous back then, and everyone who had followed them in their years leading up to the draft could see it. Very curious cases.
The shocking thing about McCollum/Markstrom was that Hakan Andersson was sitting right there at the draft table when the Wings took McCollum. Makes you wonder if he saw some red flags in Markstrom, because I'm sure if he told Holland to take Markstrom they would have deferred to him due to Hakan's track record.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post

McCollum over Markstrom while surprising was at least two guys from two completely different leagues, where you could argue that McCollum had an advantage of coming from smaller rinks and the North American hockey.

Calle and Ludvig on the other hand came from the same organization.. Personally I don't dispute Rensfeldt and Wannstrom being drafted where they were(it was the 2nd round after all), but I really don't think there could even be an argument who had the bigger talent of the three. Wannstrom was also drafted as an overager. It just seems weird that not only one but at least two teams wanted to draft them ahead. Would love to get some insight on the thought process one day.

At least Detroit got one out of two right.

Old
02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
The shocking thing about McCollum/Markstrom was that Hakan Andersson was sitting right there at the draft table when the Wings took McCollum. Makes you wonder if he saw some red flags in Markstrom, because I'm sure if he told Holland to take Markstrom they would have deferred to him due to Hakan's track record.
If I remember correctly he have said in multiply interviews that he wanted to take Markström but Detroit choose to go with McCollum anyway.

While we are at it - I've never been a big fan of Rensfeldt, always thought that he seem to be better than what he actually is. Don't know if it's any truth in it but that's the feeling I get when I see him on the ice.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Emil Molin(Dallas) with his first SEL goal.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Manny*

Quite a game between Djurgarden and Brynas.

Jarnkrok(2 assists), Zibanejad(1 goal), J. Larsson(1 goal), Silfverberg(1 Assist).

Old
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
KRM

Collberg taken out by Nichlas Torp with a blindsided hit to the head, away from the puck.

Closed Thread