HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shane Doan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2012, 06:50 AM
  #1
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Shane Doan

What would the Yotes want from the Rangers roster to get a deal done. Here is a guy who has had so much success on the National team but has yet to be given the chance to win the Holy grail. For the Rangers I think his leadership and skill set bolster their roster for a playoff push and is more realistic than other names that will be seeking a huge and long term contract at year end.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:20 AM
  #2
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,893
vCash: 500
Can't see him going all the way to NYC. I'd be shocked if that's what he decided. I imagine if he's moved, he will ask for SJ or VAN. Maloney will oblige. As for what he would command in return, I imagine a first round pick plus a very good asset.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:02 AM
  #3
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,003
vCash: 500
doan will have to accept a deal before he can be moved.. and everything i ever heard about him is that he wont do it... hes another mats sundin

i think from what ive heard from insiders is he doesnt want to move his family out of phoenix and thats more important to him then the idea of chasing a cup as a rental would be

if we can get past this reality... and proceed with the belief he would accept a trade... then hes going to be worth alot imho

im a bruin fan.. and doan would be one hell of a sweet pickup for my club too. he has winner written all over him.

doan on a third line for us would be killer... and he can move up into eithr of the top lines if injury were to hit...

so id have no problem paying a first... throwing pouliot or caron into the deal... giving up some kid like sauve or hamil or kamfer or someone of that ilk up too...

im not sure why phoenix would do this if they are in the playoff hunt themselves... cause doan is super loyal to them and will resign... but doan will be worth a first and someone that can play top 9 and something else imo

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
  #4
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,893
vCash: 500
He can commute from SJ to PHX w/o uprooting his family. It's only a 75min flight. Let's call it the millionaires commute.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
  #5
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He can commute from SJ to PHX w/o uprooting his family. It's only a 75min flight. Let's call it the millionaires commute.
But he likely won't.... How many days off do you think he'll be given from the deadline to the playoffs? He'll probably just fly his family in on weekends, which isn't bad. Given that, Vancouver is another attractive option. It's only about a 2 hour flight from Vancouver as well. He'd only be away for 2-4 months, I'm surprised an athlete like Doan without a cup wouldn't want this opportunity. I'm sure his family would understand... Does he have a baby at home or something?

Vancouver really wouldn't make a pitch for him I don't think. I see ZERO way to fit him under the cap, and realistically I don't see Gillis giving up major pieces for a rental he knows he cant re-sign.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
  #6
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
He loves Phoenix. I don't see going anywhere. I think he will retire in Phoenix and live there. Even after the team is gone.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:17 PM
  #7
Bobby Lou
We Surrender
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,332
vCash: 500
LeBrun was on local Vancouver radio yesterday, and said Maloney unequivocally told him that Doan is going nowhere. The host asked about him as a potential playoff rental for the Canucks.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:22 PM
  #8
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,857
vCash: 528
Doan would be the perfect player for Detroit. A pure dream. Punishing hitter, right handness and one more net front presence to fit perfectly our system. Most Babcock-like player maybe in the whole league.

And he has played for Babcock with Draper and Maltby before.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  #9
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
LeBrun was on local Vancouver radio yesterday, and said Maloney unequivocally told him that Doan is going nowhere. The host asked about him as a potential playoff rental for the Canucks.
yeah, nothing like asking the GM if he is in selling mode when they're still in the playoff hunt. Maloney won't say anything negative at this time and saying that they'll trade their face of the franchise would be extremely stupid.

the word potential does not make the question judicious...

I can see Doan sucking it up and play for the Rangers for a Stanley Cup run, but the Rangers would really need to sell the idea to both Maloney and Doan... Can't see Doan waiving his NMC to play for the team that beat them in the last 2 playoff series the Coyotes were in...


Last edited by DesertDawg: 02-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:02 PM
  #10
wiredmaverick
Registered User
 
wiredmaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
But he likely won't.... How many days off do you think he'll be given from the deadline to the playoffs? He'll probably just fly his family in on weekends, which isn't bad. Given that, Vancouver is another attractive option. It's only about a 2 hour flight from Vancouver as well. He'd only be away for 2-4 months, I'm surprised an athlete like Doan without a cup wouldn't want this opportunity. I'm sure his family would understand... Does he have a baby at home or something?

Vancouver really wouldn't make a pitch for him I don't think. I see ZERO way to fit him under the cap, and realistically I don't see Gillis giving up major pieces for a rental he knows he cant re-sign.
Sure we could.
Ballard + Raymond = Doan + Aucoin in terms of salary

Then just add picks/prospects.

Didn't Ballard play his best hockey in Phoenix?

wiredmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
  #11
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,873
vCash: 500
Don't think they're very good trading partners, but another team I'd like to see make a pitch for Doan would be the Predators.

He fits their style perfectly. He'd be a much better fit for them than the often rumored Hemsky.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
  #12
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredmaverick View Post
Sure we could.
Ballard + Raymond = Doan + Aucoin in terms of salary

Then just add picks/prospects.

Didn't Ballard play his best hockey in Phoenix?
don't see those pieces of the puzzle being appealing to the Coyotes
maybe if a 3rd team is involved

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:27 PM
  #13
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Shane Doan isn't interested in winning, so he stays in Phoenix.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:33 PM
  #14
Bobby Lou
We Surrender
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
yeah, nothing like asking the GM if he is in selling mode when they're still in the playoff hunt. Maloney won't say anything negative at this time and saying that they'll trade their face of the franchise would be extremely stupid.
Usually I don't take it at face (ex. Gillis saying Raymond won't be traded). But when it comes to Doan and the 'Yotes...the guy isn't going anywhere.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:39 PM
  #15
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Don't think they're very good trading partners, but another team I'd like to see make a pitch for Doan would be the Predators.

He fits their style perfectly. He'd be a much better fit for them than the often rumored Hemsky.
...and if Lindback is in play.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.