HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 2 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 12:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Aaron Portzline said that it's definite that Carter is moved prior to the deadline.

I know the board is divided on the matter,but I think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. We're not getting Parise, Ryan's not available, and the price could be met without touching our current roster outside of Lindback, IMO.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:48 PM
deanwormer

Carolina just signed Gleason, they're clearly not "cleaning house" to start over - you really gonna' trade your 27yo captain away?

Old
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Aaron Portzline said that it's definite that Carter is moved prior to the deadline.

I know the board is divided on the matter,but I think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. We're not getting Parise, Ryan's not available, and the price could be met without touching our current roster outside of Lindback, IMO.
Carter is the biggest homerun nashville could hit this trade deadline. Adding him would put us ahead of Detroit imho.

As for Staal, I didn't say he was going to get traded just that St. Louis was trying to pry him away from Carolina

Old
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM
NoNecksCurse

carter for lindback + ekholm/blum + 1st/3rd .. thats my final offer lol

Old
02-02-2012, 01:03 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:

Carter would be awesome. I'd be shocked if it actually materialized though.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

fourth period reports that Carter is on LA's radar, with Bernier going to Columbus. That's the only real rumor from a legit site I've seen.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Legionnaire11

How could they trade Carter in division? But how could they turn down Lindback + Blum/Ellis + 1st? and another pick if necessary.

Preds would get a lot of press as cup favorites if that happens.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
fourth period reports that Carter is on LA's radar, with Bernier going to Columbus. That's the only real rumor from a legit site I've seen.
That's a good base to counter a Nashville offer. Depends on what else the Kings add, but Bernier def has more value right now than Lindback.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:20 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
That's a good base to counter a Nashville offer. Depends on what else the Kings add, but Bernier def has more value right now than Lindback.
It also addresses an immediate need for the Jackets.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Bernier is awesome, but la would be foolish to trade for another center which isn't their problem.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
NoNecksCurse

most CBJ fans would agree to a trade of jeff carter for lindback + blum + 1st ... my question with carter rumored to be 100% gone by the deadline, do you do that the deal? while I think its easy to say yes, I believe we would regret it in 2-3 years

Old
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
most CBJ fans would agree to a trade of jeff carter for lindback + blum + 1st ... my question with carter rumored to be 100% gone by the deadline, do you do that the deal? while I think its easy to say yes, I believe we would regret it in 2-3 years
Because it would make CBJ better? I don't know if that's enough to turn me off the deal, all you can really about is making yourself better. Look at St Louis...they found a way through drafting, trades and key signings to make themselves better...we just had to do our own thing to keep ahead of them.

In terms of the pieces...if trading for Carter means Suter and Weber hang around(I believe it would), then I don't think we miss one of those pieces a single bit.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

The only hangup on carter is the contract. If our owners say "screw it" and don't mind the risk, then make the trade.

The guys on XM we speculating that LA would be hard pressed to take on another huge "lifetime" contract with all the money they already have committed plus they already have plenty of centers

Old
02-02-2012, 02:33 PM
thejlb1

Doesn't Jeff Carter have to waive his NTC. I see that as a big hurdle to get him in nashville.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:42 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb1 View Post
Doesn't Jeff Carter have to waive his NTC. I see that as a big hurdle to get him in nashville.
why? he wouldn't want to play for a team that is tied for 3rd most points in the league?

Old
02-02-2012, 02:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
The only hangup on carter is the contract. If our owners say "screw it" and don't mind the risk, then make the trade.

The guys on XM we speculating that LA would be hard pressed to take on another huge "lifetime" contract with all the money they already have committed plus they already have plenty of centers
Witht he revelation that the meaty years of his deal are insured, i don't see it as a HUGE risk. If it doesn't work out, we could always flip him...I just don't see it not working out.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Witht he revelation that the meaty years of his deal are insured, i don't see it as a HUGE risk. If it doesn't work out, we could always flip him...I just don't see it not working out.
missed the part about the insurance... thats good.. hope poile goes for it..

Old
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Because it would make CBJ better? I don't know if that's enough to turn me off the deal, all you can really about is making yourself better. Look at St Louis...they found a way through drafting, trades and key signings to make themselves better...we just had to do our own thing to keep ahead of them.

In terms of the pieces...if trading for Carter means Suter and Weber hang around(I believe it would), then I don't think we miss one of those pieces a single bit.
That offer for Carter is less than you guys are expecting for Suter lol not too much wishful thinking now guys lol.

This could become an issue for all teams insurers may look at no longer insuring player salaries against injuries with the concussion epidemic in the league.

http://www.themarknews.com/news

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...mework-of-nhl/

Last edited by 29dryden29: 02-02-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 02:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
That offer for Carter is less than you guys are expecting for Suter lol not too much wishful thinking now guys lol.
The Jackets pretty much have to trade Carter. Nashville is best served NOT to trade Suter and 99 percent won't. I have told you, over and over, it's not that I expect the Predators to get that for Suter...it's a case of what it would take for Poile to MOVE Suter, despite being a cup contender that plans to re-sign him.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Carter is the best fit for Nashville's needs and will be available. This is the kind of blessing that Poile has been waiting a long time for. He can't pass this up unless we are getting Ryan or Parise (not gonna happen). A 6'4 center who is averaging 30 goals and 30 assists in his career and is only 27 with a reasonable contract? How can we NOT pass this up unless Columbus asks for something stupid like any of the big three. Weber and Suter will re-sign here if we acquire a guy like Carter.

Imagine this line up this year and for years to come...

Wilson Carter Rads/Smith
SK Fisher Erat
Halischuk Legwand Hornqvist
Borque Spaling Tootoo

I mean damn guys that is a great lineup, with or without rads.

My final offer for carter would be Blum + Lindback + Watson/Latta + 1st for Carter

Old
02-02-2012, 02:56 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
suter all but stays.. it will take a very lucrative offer thus overpayment... plus we're right out of 1st place in the NHL.

carter is on the horrible CBJ and wants out. pretty much at this point have to trade him if he is unhappy. not to mention his contract thus underpayment..

would you rather have the kovalchuk package (what suter would fetch) or vorachek + 8th overall pick? I know what i'd choose.. carter will get less than what PHI got

Old
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
suter all but stays.. it will take a very lucrative offer thus overpayment... plus we're right out of 1st place in the NHL.

carter is on the horrible CBJ and wants out. pretty much at this point have to trade him if he is unhappy. not to mention his contract thus underpayment..

would you rather have the kovalchuk package (what suter would fetch) or vorachek + 8th overall pick? I know what i'd choose.. carter will get less than what PHI got
I still can't believe that the Jets got what they did for Kovalchuk that was a terrible deal.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I still can't believe that the Jets got what they did for Kovalchuk that was a terrible deal.
it was in hindsite, at the time it was considered pretty good for Atlanta. Cormier was one of NJ's top prospects, Bergfors was in the middle of a an excellent rookie season where he scored 22 goals, Oduya was a steady 2nd\3rd pair d-man...then the picks. It sucks now, knowing that Bergfors crashed out and Cormier turned out to be an average prospect...but...at the time, Thrashers fans were pleased with the return for a UFA they weren't going to keep.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:37 PM
dulzhok

What about Eric Staal? He has a huge contract and is struggling, but the guy is a stud.

I doubt he's available and I doubt we'd have what carolina would want. Maybe in the summer if Radulov is committed to NA.

But there's always a chance...

Old
02-02-2012, 03:44 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
it was in hindsite, at the time it was considered pretty good for Atlanta. Cormier was one of NJ's top prospects, Bergfors was in the middle of a an excellent rookie season where he scored 22 goals, Oduya was a steady 2nd\3rd pair d-man...then the picks. It sucks now, knowing that Bergfors crashed out and Cormier turned out to be an average prospect...but...at the time, Thrashers fans were pleased with the return for a UFA they weren't going to keep.
IF you had followed Cormier in JR many saw he wasn't going to be a top flight NHLer 3rd liner at best. Unfortunatly as usually happens players get too much draft hype due to the word JR tourney. Just like I watch Tinordi play here in London and some people are really high on the kid but honestly he is no better than a lower pairing D man. His skating is not great and his positioning is often way off and he takes way too many stupid penalties.

Closed Thread