HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
BKR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
He's 22 years old! Oh, and had 7 goals in 11 playoff games last year as a 21 year old.
Cammalleri had 13 goals in 19 playoff games 2 seasons ago, does that mean DL should make a move for him also?

Old
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
Cammalleri had 13 goals in 19 playoff games 2 seasons ago, does that mean DL should make a move for him also?

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
BKR

Quote:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.
Sorry, just trying to follow your logic to get us a bonafide "Sniper" - Right?

Old
02-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Overpayment.
The Kings have the best clock in the league. It is a timex.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
To LA: Nash and Boomer the phallic mascot

To CBS: Hickey, Muzzin, Lotkionov, our game clock, + picks
Not enough. Can we throw in the metro in-game game-show host that rocks the super sweet blazer as well? I have a hunch that would increase our changes of pulling this one off.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

TFP reports the Kings and Leafs are scouting each other. The article speculates about the possibility of Stoll for MacArthur, which I would do in a heartbeat, not sure Toronto would go for that however.

It also makes mention of the Kings and Jackets having "deep discussions" concerning Jeff Carter and Jonathan Bernier being the main piece that Columbus is interested in.

Link:http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/lak120202.html

Old
02-02-2012, 01:05 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn will play on the Habs fourth line tonight. Could he be something for out team?
Does he strike you as a player Lombardi and Sutter would covet?

Old
02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
TFP reports the Kings and Leafs are scouting each other. The article speculates about the possibility of Stoll for MacArthur, which I would do in a heartbeat, not sure Toronto would go for that however.

It also makes mention of the Kings and Jackets having "deep discussions" concerning Jeff Carter and Jonathan Bernier being the main piece that Columbus is interested in.

Has 4th period ever provided us with pertinent info? Not trying to be a dick, but they seem to be on Eklund's level, and their analysis never seems too informed to me.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Does he strike you as a player Lombardi and Sutter would covet?
I can answer that.......HELL NO!

Old
02-02-2012, 01:20 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Has 4th period ever provided us with pertinent info? Not trying to be a dick, but they seem to be on Eklund's level, and their analysis never seems too informed to me.
Agreed. I subscribed to their magazine for a year on a whim.... total waste of money.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I only recall them pinning down a trade with the exact names rumored once, and that was when the Kings acquired Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel from the Islanders. TFP was the first to report the Kings being interested in those two specific players and did mention Grebeshkov and Tambellini as being two players who were being shopped. That is the only time I ever remember TFP calling a trade and getting a rumor right before it happened.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
To LA: Nash and Boomer the phallic mascot

To CBS: Hickey, Muzzin, Lotkionov, our game clock, + picks
No way this happens. Bailey need first line mascot minutes, and if you bring Boomer in, it pushes him too far down the depth chart. But Murray always seemed to get the most out of Bailey, and maybe he just is working hard enough for Sutter.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:51 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings4thecup View Post
No way this happens. Bailey need first line mascot minutes, and if you bring Boomer in, it pushes him too far down the depth chart. But Murray always seemed to get the most out of Bailey, and maybe he just is working hard enough for Sutter.
Bailey has had wayyy too much ice time lately. The whole bangin' the drum thing in the middle of play is very annoying.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Capn Brown

On the main board, they're saying Carter can be had for a mid-level 1st round pick and a "B" prospect. It has something to do with management wanting him gone & the perception that his contract is "unattractive" and "hard to move".

Richardson, Hickey, and a 1st???

Old
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

There's a slight problem with acquiring Boomer from Columbus. He comes with Mike Commodore.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
On the main board, they're saying Carter can be had for a mid-level 1st round pick and a "B" prospect. It has something to do with management wanting him gone & the perception that his contract is "unattractive" and "hard to move".

If that's the truth then see ya Hickey and a 1st.

Old
02-02-2012, 01:58 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

Who is saying it? Credibility?

Old
02-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Dude, I would love to do Stoll for MacArthur. Please!

Old
02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Dude, I would love to do Stoll for MacArthur. Please!
Please!

Old
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
He's 22 years old! Oh, and had 7 goals in 11 playoff games last year as a 21 year old.
As a 22 year old Jeff Carter had 37 goals in 143 games, over just two seasons, not three. You just don't like Carter, which is fine, but how JVR is a better option than Carter isn't likely an argument you'll win based on what JVR has done thus far.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Yes

Specfically, they broke the deadline deal with the Isle for parish.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
As a 22 year old Jeff Carter had 37 goals in 143 games, over just two seasons, not three. You just don't like Carter, which is fine, but how JVR is a better option than Carter isn't likely an argument you'll win based on what JVR has done thus far.
I was responding to the guy who wasn't impressed with his 47 goals in 190 career games (who I suspect has never seen him play).

I'm not trying to win any arguments; it's just my opinion, which is obviously swayed by the fact that I do not like Carter's game or contract. Also, I believe that if healthy, JVR has Bobby Ryan-type potential and is only 22.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
BKR

Quote:
I was responding to the guy who wasn't impressed with his 47 goals in 190 career games (who I suspect has never seen him play).

I'm not trying to win any arguments; it's just my opinion, which is obviously swayed by the fact that I do not like Carter's game or contract. Also, I believe that if healthy, JVR has Bobby Ryan-type potential and is only 22.
The Kings don't need to acquire forwards with "potential" at this stage. On the defensive-end they can afford to play one guy with "potential" (See: Voynov, 'Slava), but they need proven fire-power added to their group of forwards.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

I think JVR has great potential as well. Not sure about Ryan level, but 30 goal type potential maybe.

I just think you are being biased against Carter. The contract I can understand you hating, that's logical. But to hate on a guy for things like "being a floater" "being soft" etc. and not really give him credit for what he has done "scored 35 but I see what should have been 50" isn't fair. Try to think about it in a non-biased way.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I think JVR has great potential as well. Not sure about Ryan level, but 30 goal type potential maybe.

I just think you are being biased against Carter. The contract I can understand you hating, that's logical. But to hate on a guy for things like "being a floater" "being soft" etc. and not really give him credit for what he has done "scored 35 but I see what should have been 50" isn't fair. Try to think about it in a non-biased way.
Put me down as opposite the guy you quoted.
I love Carter's contract.

Closed Thread