HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens/Blues Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2006, 01:00 PM
rev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Ah...so what big trade deadline move for an impending UFA did Tampa make last season? Or the Devils in 02-03? Or the Wings in 01-02...that put these teams over the top and made the get out of that "stuck in that good...but never good enough mould"?

excellent point.

but i was referring to more of how now-a-days teams won't be able to stockpile the talent like previous.

maybe that wont take effect for a couple more years...

Old
01-07-2006, 01:02 PM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Was he a pending UFA at that time? Was he the single missing piece that brought the cup to Tampa?

different economics.

again, i don't know if i agree that teams will value the UFA as some have said on this post... but it is an interesting thought.

and i think that if you are holding on to vermette purely for the sake of "dynasty" then you may be making a mistake. maybe not.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:06 PM
rev

on a side note...

if you are upset about losing a penalty killer... would you accept a throw in of sillinger of drake to fill that role?

what would you add to vermette + pick to make that happen?

just curious.

Old
01-08-2006, 10:17 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev
on a side note...

if you are upset about losing a penalty killer... would you accept a throw in of sillinger of drake to fill that role?

what would you add to vermette + pick to make that happen?

just curious.
To be honest...I'd much rather hold onto Vermette than either of those two...especially Sillinger. He played here once at the deadline and was a complete and utter flame out.

Closed Thread