HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
  #326
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You just proved that Wisniewski has had more injuries than markov yet he came back through it 100%...good job proving yourself wrong!
wheres all teh knee surgeries and achilles tear surgery in a 2 or 3 year space

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
  #327
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
wheres all teh knee surgeries and achilles tear surgery in a 2 or 3 year space
i dont see 2major knee surgeries an complete achilles tear surgery and a medium knee surgery in a 2 or 3 year span and by a player that inching mid thirties now

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 04:45 PM
  #328
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
2012/01/03 Broken left ankle, injured reserve.
2011/12/31 Broken left ankle, day-to-day.
2011/10/25 Missed 8 games (suspended by nhl).
2011/09/26 Suspended by the NHL for 8 games.
2011/09/24 Suspended by the NHL indefinitely.
2011/07/01 Re-signed by the Columbus Blue Jackets to a six-year contract.
2011/06/29 Acquired from the Montreal Canadiens.
2011/04/27 Missed 1 playoff game (undisclosed).
2011/04/26 Undisclosed, day-to-day.
2011/02/09 Missed 2 games (flu).
2011/02/05 Flu, day-to-day.
2010/12/28 Acquired from the New York Islanders
2010/10/16 Missed 2 games (suspension).
2010/10/12 Suspended by the NHL for two games.
2010/07/30 Acquired from the Anaheim Ducks.
2010/07/05 Filed for salary arbitration.
2010/04/03 Missed 8 games (suspension).
2010/03/18 Suspended by the NHL for 8 games.
2009/11/07 Missed 2 games (suspension).
2009/11/02 Suspended by the NHL for 2 games.
2009/10/21 Missed 3 games (right shoulder injury).
2009/10/11 Right shoulder injury, sidelined indefinitely.
2009/07/13 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Anaheim Ducks to a one-year contract.
2009/05/10 Missed 1 playoff game (chest injury).
2009/05/06 Chest injury, day-to-day.
2009/03/04 Acquired from the Chicago Blackhawks.
2008/12/16 Recalled from Rockford (AHL).
2008/12/14 Missed 28 games (right knee surgery).
2008/12/11 Assigned to Rockford (AHL).
2008/09/01 Right knee surgery, sidelined indefinitely.
2008/05/21 Re-signed by the Chicago Blackhawks.
2008/03/14 Missed 1 game (suspension).
2008/03/12 Suspended by the NHL for one game.
2008/01/18 Missed 10 games (sprained right knee).
2007/12/30 Sprained right knee, sidelined indefinitely.
2007/12/05 Missed 3 games (facial injury).
2007/11/28 Facial injury, day-to-day.
2007/08/10 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Chicago Blackhawks to a one-year contract.
2007/04/09 Missed the last 15 games of the regular season (right knee injury).
2007/03/09 Right knee injury, remainder of the regular season.
2006/11/14 Recalled from Norfolk (AHL).
2006/11/13 Assigned to Norfolk (AHL).
2006/11/09 Recalled from Norfolk (AHL).
2006/10/01 Assigned to Norfolk (AHL).
2006/04/14 Assigned to Norfolk (AHL).
2006/03/19 Recalled from Norfolk (AHL).
2006/02/13 Assigned to Norfolk (AHL).
2006/01/31 Recalled from Norfolk (AHL).
2005/09/24 Assigned to Norfolk (AHL).
2004/09/16 Assigned to Norfolk (AHL).
2004/03/22 Signed by the Chicago Blackhawks.
He got surgery in 2008:
http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=242380
He also got surgery in 2002 and 2007:
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=542134

ACL reconstruction has a 90% success rate with modern techniques.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63597

When Wiz had his 3rd surgery, his own likelyhood of coming back to form should've been lower than Markov's present state, yet Wiz did come back to form.

Transplant (allograft) is more succesful than regular graft (from own body). Both Markov's 2nd and Wiz's 3rd surgery were allografts, contrarily to the previous surgeries they both had.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 04:52 PM
  #329
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Was this in preparation for his new job as vampire hunter?
Somebody needs to prepare to take down the Crosby menace.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
  #330
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We did plan but the plan went off the rails. Short of having another Markov in Hamilton ready to take his place you won't fully replace him. Hamrlik's game took a step backwards this year, signing him for 2 years would make our situation even worse, Washington is not doing much better witrh Hamrlik there tring to replace Green.
Dude, going out and getting a guy who would've been out of a job if we hadn't shown up is not planning.

Then again, I'd be all for blowing this team up in the first place so...

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:01 PM
  #331
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
He got surgery in 2008:
http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=242380
He also got surgery in 2002 and 2007:
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=542134

ACL reconstruction has a 90% success rate with modern techniques.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63597

When Wiz had his 3rd surgery, his own likelyhood of coming back to form should've been lower than Markov's present state, yet Wiz did come back to form.

Transplant (allograft) is more succesful than regular graft (from own body). Both Markov's 2nd and Wiz's 3rd surgery were allografts, contrarily to the previous surgeries they both had.
i think its different-- the spacing between the surgeries - remeber wiz is still in his 20s and had the surgries when he was much younger
than markov-- didnt sit out almsot 2 years after 1 sur gery-- and just becasue wiz came back like he did doesnt mean all do- could have alot to do with there physical makeup bone structure muscle structure and strength - skating tequnique-Genes - Wiz is an exception no doubt but also different case different circmstances different person

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
  #332
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
i think its different-- the spacing between the surgeries - remeber wiz is still in his 20s and had the surgries when he was much younger
than markov-- didnt sit out almsot 2 years after 1 sur gery-- and just becasue wiz came back like he did doesnt mean all do- could have alot to do with there physical makeup bone structure muscle structure and strength - skating tequnique-Genes - Wiz is an exception no doubt but also different case different circmstances different person
90% chance of full recovery on first surgery
80% chance of full recovery on second surgery

Wiz is not an exception.

Also, Wiz had his last two surgeries 6 months apart between 2007 and 2008, just like Markov.

It's hilarious you mention their physical makeup when Wiz has had a far greater number of physical ailments in 5-6 seasons less than Markov. It's actually an indication that Markov has a better physical makeup. Markov sat out 6 months, and then 1 year, on TWO surgeries, but yeah, let's round it down to 2 years and ONE surgery so it makes it more sensationalistic, and let's not include the fact that Wiz sat out 18 months on TWO surgeries, about the same as Markov did.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:14 PM
  #333
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
i dont have to make it up to be sensational! LOL - is Markov playing yet? will he play this season? and for how long? you ,make it sound like a bloody nose wipe it with tissue and go on to what youy were doing!
i will say right now MArkov will not be the player he was- and will be lucky to have another 2 seasons of and on- just w atch and you will see

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
  #334
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Dude, going out and getting a guy who would've been out of a job if we hadn't shown up is not planning.

Then again, I'd be all for blowing this team up in the first place so...
Not sure how you get that Campoli would have been out of a job? He only became a UFa late after the arbitration hearing but still ahd 3 teams after him. If nobody wanted him he would have cost about half the 1.75 mil he got and Chicago would not have traded a 2nd(same price we paid for Wisniewski a month before) to acquire him last year.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
  #335
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
i think its different-- the spacing between the surgeries - remeber wiz is still in his 20s and had the surgries when he was much younger
than markov-- didnt sit out almsot 2 years after 1 sur gery-- and just becasue wiz came back like he did doesnt mean all do- could have alot to do with there physical makeup bone structure muscle structure and strength - skating tequnique-Genes - Wiz is an exception no doubt but also different case different circmstances different person
I doubt the human body is THAT different from 26-27 to 30-32.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  #336
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
90% chance of full recovery on first surgery
80% chance of full recovery on second surgery

Wiz is not an exception.

Also, Wiz had his last two surgeries 6 months apart between 2007 and 2008, just like Markov.

It's hilarious you mention their physical makeup when Wiz has had a far greater number of physical ailments in 5-6 seasons less than Markov. It's actually an indication that Markov has a better physical makeup. Markov sat out 6 months, and then 1 year, on TWO surgeries, but yeah, let's round it down to 2 years and ONE surgery so it makes it more sensationalistic, and let's not include the fact that Wiz sat out 18 months on TWO surgeries, about the same as Markov did.
markov easily becme more of a pavel bure than a wiz- its not automatic by a long ways- when your off that long with more to go after gettring injured just a few games after coming back from a previous knee surgery - those stats of your dont mean a whole lot
this isnt fiction or a play that ends up w ith the same ending day after day

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
  #337
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
LOL- come her ill put the hammer to your knee you get teh surgery ill do it again you get the surgery and in tyhe meantime ill tin snip your achilles- lets see how you get it back- you think there is complete confidence from even markov himself and management that he will come back 100% and have 5 more years realtivly healthy?
lets watch and see how it plays out- if i had to bert i know which way i would especially if i had to bet it all

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
  #338
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure how you get that Campoli would have been out of a job? He only became a UFa late after the arbitration hearing but still ahd 3 teams after him. If nobody wanted him he would have cost about half the 1.75 mil he got and Chicago would not have traded a 2nd(same price we paid for Wisniewski a month before) to acquire him last year.
Campoili is junk- i never could figure why goat wasted time and moneyon the guy

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:25 PM
  #339
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,750
vCash: 500
It's remarkable how some of the experts on this forum were flapping their limp mandibles about Markov before they knew his status (and they still don't know it). Anything further they say is trash basket material.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:27 PM
  #340
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's remarkable how some of the experts on this forum were flapping their limp mandibles about Markov before they knew his status (and they still don't know it). Anything further they say is trash basket material.
the proof will be in the pudding- and we will see how it plays out

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:29 PM
  #341
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
LOL- come her ill put the hammer to your knee you get teh surgery ill do it again you get the surgery and in tyhe meantime ill tin snip your achilles- lets see how you get it back- you think there is complete confidence from even markov himself and management that he will come back 100% and have 5 more years realtivly healthy?
lets watch and see how it plays out- if i had to bert i know which way i would especially if i had to bet it all
You're the one saying it's impossible. Others haven't said he'll back back to form for sure, just that it's possible, and it is. Will it happen? Nobody knows. But you don't know any more about Markov's condition than the rest here.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:33 PM
  #342
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You're the one saying it's impossible. Others haven't said he'll back back to form for sure, just that it's possible, and it is. Will it happen? Nobody knows. But you don't know any more about Markov's condition than the rest here.
obviously it hasnt gone too good now has it?

you have to look at all that- common sense- definately red flags are up and a caution lighT!!!

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
  #343
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
the proof will be in the pudding- and we will see how it plays out
You've said nothing and your emoticon suggests you know it. I'll match it by saying maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong or maybe a magpie stole the pudding.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
  #344
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You've said nothing and your emoticon suggests you know it. I'll match it by saying maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong or maybe a magpie stole the pudding.
cant you read? i said what i said- nothing to do with right or wrong-

this isnt a contest- loo k at the circumstances- it doesnt look good
i cant pretend it does

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
  #345
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You're the one saying it's impossible. Others haven't said he'll back back to form for sure, just that it's possible, and it is. Will it happen? Nobody knows. But you don't know any more about Markov's condition than the rest here.
who said it was impossible? i never said he wouldnt come back 100%- i just beleive he WILL NOT be THE Player he was -

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:49 PM
  #346
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
who said it was impossible? i never said he wouldnt come back 100%- i just beleive he WILL NOT be THE Player he was -
Euh..
Not be the player he was=not back to 100%

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
  #347
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
cant you read? i said what i said- nothing to do with right or wrong-

this isnt a contest- loo k at the circumstances- it doesnt look good
i cant pretend it does
No one could reasonably accuse me of not being able to read. You've said nothing and your opinion that it doesn't look good is about as nebulous as it can get. Can't you wait until you hear from someone who knows something or are your inner bodily processes too urgent.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  #348
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
No one could reasonably accuse me of not being able to read. You've said nothing and your opinion that it doesn't look good is about as nebulous as it can get. Can't you wait until you hear from someone who knows something or are your inner bodily processes too urgent.
you dont get it at all-- wait for someone who knows?? LOL whats to know? we have to wait and see when and if Markov comes back as to how its going to play out - like i said it doesnt look good- we saw this go down before an d look what happened
Unbeleivable!!- lets just wait and see- hope he coems back totally 100% as good as he once was and stays like that for several years- i dont think its going to happen but i hope it does

larek is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
  #349
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would 2 cases be dramatically different? It's a pretty standard procedure.

Orr played 40 years ago, so it's an example that doesn't apply, they didn't even have arthroscopic surgery back then, taht alone would ahve added 2-3 years to his career.
Human beings are not robots where you can simply replace a part and have it back working at 100%.

Here is something to consider........

ACL reconstruction surgery has a success rate of 80-90%. However, that leaves a substantial number of patients that have unsatisfactory results. Eight percent of these poor results are thought to be due to knee instability or re-rupture of the ACL graft. Failure of an ACL reconstruction is often hard to describe. The patient can have complaints of knee instability, pain, stiffness, or the inability to return to desired activities. Treatment for failed ACLs is complex and technically challenging, and the results of revision ACL surgery are not as good a primary ACL reconstruction.

http://www.scoi.com/revision-acl.htm

(Southern California Orthopedic Institute)

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  #350
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Euh..
Not be the player he was=not back to 100%
i meant he would not 100% be back playing
the situation is not a good one-

larek is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.