HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Rumour of the day is Stoll/Bernier for Carter/Sanford. Both CBGB & Bernstein reporting it.
Almost as funny as DL's clock explanation.

CBGB + Bernstein = Insert the opposite of whatever they say.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Rumour of the day is Stoll/Bernier for Carter/Sanford. Both CBGB & Bernstein reporting it.
Any link to CBGB? (Twitter?)

Old
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Any link to CBGB? (Twitter?)
http://bigmouthbarry.com/2012/02/02/...rter-to-kings/

Old
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Johnny Utah

That's not an awful deal if they re-sign Stoll....but the problem is Columbus is LOADED at center.

Brassard, Carter, Umberger, Pahlsson, Johansen and Vermette are all centers.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
That's not an awful deal if they re-sign Stoll....but the problem is Columbus is LOADED at center.

Brassard, Carter, Umberger, Pahlsson, Johansen and Vermette are all centers.
True... But Brassard, Carter, Phalsson and possibly Vermette are supposedly available I thought?

I heard the Kings wanted to keep Stoll for the playoffs to slot next to Richardson and Lewis for the 3rd line. And didn't mind loosing him for nothing if it meant stability in the playoffs.

Guess the Kings need to move some salary to take back Carter`s salary. And they want no part of the Penner sweepstakes

Old
02-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Far from it be me to get in this kind of mood, but this what was wrote about the subject last night...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...ppen/125/41812

Old
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Dropdapuck

kingsfan:
Quote:
I assume you are referring to each teams last ten games. We are still 5-2-3 in those ten and we have actually gained one point on San Jose who are 5-3-2 in their last ten.
No, you're right. I did the math wrong. We picked up one point on them. But it still doesn't change the dynamics much. We desperately need a finisher.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Far from it be me to get in this kind of mood, but this what was wrote about the subject last night...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...ppen/125/41812
What is that awesome title under your name? MTSOMTHENHUH? Whats that lol Congrats.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:19 PM
LombardiTool

Cant see Carter coming... but let me play along.

What would the lines be? By having Kopi, Carter and Richards all signed for a very LONG time, what comes of Loki?

I would think that one of Carter or Richards would have to move to wing. I dont see Kopi chnaging. Can Carter play wing? I have seen Richards there but I would prefer having Richards as our 2nd line center.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
Cant see Carter coming... but let me play along.

What would the lines be? By having Kopi, Carter and Richards all signed for a very LONG time, what comes of Loki?

I would think that one of Carter or Richards would have to move to wing. I dont see Kopi chnaging. Can Carter play wing? I have seen Richards there but I would prefer having Richards as our 2nd line center.
Carter-Kopitar-Brown
Penner-Richards-Williams
Richardson-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Westgarth

Mitchell-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Johnson-Greene

Quick
Sanford

Would be my guess.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Carter-Kopitar-Brown
Penner-Richards-Williams

Mitchell-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Johnson-Greene

Quick
Sanford

Would be my guess.
You wouldn't want to pair Carter-Richards?

Old
02-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
You wouldn't want to pair Carter-Richards?
They weren't paired that often in Philly, mainly on special teams. I wouldn't care either way, all I know is that Penner is a natural left winger so I figured I would leave him there and that the second line needs more energy and has been struggling as of late so Williams, who is our hottest forward and has been for a few games now, might be able to jump start them. Either way. I guess you can try:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Carter-Richards-Williams

Doesn't matter to me.

Just factors in that Penner is a LW and Williams is a RW, Carter is C/LW, Brown is a RW/LW, and Kopitar & Richards are both locked at C.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:32 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Carter-Kopitar-Brown
Penner-Richards-Williams

Mitchell-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Johnson-Greene

Quick
Sanford

Would be my guess.
Switch Carter & Brown?

I don't think Richards & Carter worked well in PHI

Old
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
no chance thats true, they would be getting considerably less for Carter than what they gave up AND they are adding Sanford

Old
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
no chance thats true, they would be getting considerably less for Carter than what they gave up AND they are adding Sanford
Depends on what they think of Bernier and how good of a salesman Dean is

But, you're right, I would expect there to be more going Columbus' way if a deal between us should go through.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Johnny Utah

Also, why trade Bernier now. Kevin Weekes was asked about Corey Schneider and said the best time to trade him would be the off season and that Gillies shouldn't deal him at the deadline.

I would think the same applies to Bernier especially since the Kings can't negotiate with Quick yet.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Also, why trade Bernier now. Kevin Weekes was asked about Corey Schneider and said the best time to trade him would be the off season and that Gillies shouldn't deal him at the deadline.

I would think the same applies to Bernier especially since the Kings can't negotiate with Quick yet.
I agree.

I'm not getting sucked into this rumor.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Johnny Utah

We all love Quick and he has proved now for 2+ seasons he is the real deal especially this year with his All-Star Performance...but now he could price himself right out of Lombardi's tight fisted check book and if that's the case there is the slim possibility he bolts or is dealt and we go with an easier to sign RFA in Bernier.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
BKR

Quote:

Difference is that the 'nucks are already competing for Cups on an annual basis, so they can be pickier about when to make said deal. The Kings are not in such a position of power (on ice) and need to deal assets in order to get a top flight winger ASAP.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Brodeur

Quote:

Just to play devil's advocate........trading Bernier now allows the Kings to boost the playoff roster. Hanging onto Bernier into the offseason doesn't necessarily mean there will be larger demand for his services than there are currently. Schneider will likely overshadow Bernier in terms of teams wanting to acquire a young potential #1. And then there'll be other young UFA goalies like Josh Harding, Ben Bishop, and Al Montoya who teams might gamble on rather than fork over assets.

And of the goalies who were swapped in the offseason, most garnered picks/prospects rather than core NHL players.

Vokoun (NSH=>FLO): draft picks
Toskala (SJS=>TOR): draft picks
Raycroft (BOS=>TOR): Tuukka Rask
Halak (MTL=>STL): Lars Eller+
Varlamov (WSH=>COL): draft picks

Old
02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Raycroft (BOS=>TOR): Tuukka Rask
I still laugh at that deal. What the hell was Ferguson even thinking?

Old
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Kings4thecup

Maybe we're missing something here, with these rumors. Maybe some 3 way deal involving Toronto, or Dean has a plan of screwing Carter out of Columbus cheap, and then flipping him to Toronto or someone else. Just a thought.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Johnny Utah

Varlamov landed a 1st round pick and a 2nd in either this year or next. That is a lot to get for a goalie in the off season.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
I still laugh at that deal. What the hell was Ferguson even thinking?
Raycroft still wasn't that far removed from his Calder Trophy season. Although he basically would have been like somebody trading for Steve Mason in 2010.

Most of HF (including myself) put way too much stock into prospect performances at the WJC. A recent cautionary tale would be former Leaf prospect Justin Pogge who led Canada to a gold medal in the 2006 WJC. He finished the season with a sparking 1.72 GAA and .926 sv% to earn WHL MVP and CHL Goaltender of the Year honors.

So the rationale was that they had two really awesome goalie prospects who were the same age. So they could afford to deal one in order to get immediate help in net.

It's funny, way back when, the Bruins kept Raycroft and another failed prospect Hannu Toivonen on their big club and waived Tim Thomas. I remember a thread started by some Bruins fan saying how mad he was that they might lose Thomas on waivers. Most of us (including me) were dismissive of Thomas as some journeyman goalie.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Asheru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Just to play devil's advocate........trading Bernier now allows the Kings to boost the playoff roster. Hanging onto Bernier into the offseason doesn't necessarily mean there will be larger demand for his services than there are currently. Schneider will likely overshadow Bernier in terms of teams wanting to acquire a young potential #1. And then there'll be other young UFA goalies like Josh Harding, Ben Bishop, and Al Montoya who teams might gamble on rather than fork over assets.
I personally don't care much about Bernier's current trade value this offseason; I'd rather keep him around. He'll still be a RFA, so they won't be forced to ship him out like Montreal did with Halak. If Quick goes down to injury before or during the playoffs, we will be left with Sanford in this potential deal? Also risky.

Don't get me wrong, I'd package Bernier in a deal for Carter, but not because I'm worried about his value or something.

Closed Thread