HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 07:03 PM
null33

vCash: 500
Stoll/Bernier for Carter/Sanford?

Not good enough.

But Stoll/Bernier/Staples Center Game Clock for Carter/Sanford/Howson's Deleted Blog Post probably gets it done.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I know that Quick can't sign an extension until July 1st but; is DL allowed to talk to him/his agent and gauge what he will be looking for/interest in resigning? Everyone loves Quick obviously, it would just suck to trade Bernier now with only one more year of Quick certain. I hope and trust that DL won't trade Bernier unless he is totally confident that Quick will be resigning here, hopefully for a reasonable amount.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

If Dean does trade Bernier then he has to sign Quick, even if he over pays. He basically leaves himself with two options and that's sign Quick for what he wants or try to find a goalie for goalie swap, and I doubt you find someone who's as good as Quick.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:28 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I know that Quick can't sign an extension until July 1st but; is DL allowed to talk to him/his agent and gauge what he will be looking for/interest in resigning? Everyone loves Quick obviously, it would just suck to trade Bernier now with only one more year of Quick certain. I hope and trust that DL won't trade Bernier unless he is totally confident that Quick will be resigning here, hopefully for a reasonable amount.
Right on.

I would do that Carter and Sanford for Stoll+bernier+pick or a dman.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:30 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
If Dean does trade Bernier then he has to sign Quick, even if he over pays. He basically leaves himself with two options and that's sign Quick for what he wants or try to find a goalie for goalie swap, and I doubt you find someone who's as good as Quick.
Quick is a character guy I don't think the Kings are going to have any problems what so ever signing him. I think Quick will stay loyal the same way Johnson did.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Quick is a character guy I don't think the Kings are going to have any problems what so ever signing him. I think Quick will stay loyal the same way Johnson did.

I think it's going to be a problem. This could be the last contract he ever signs. Someone is going to throw stupid crazy amounts of money at him. Especially if he can put together a good playoffs. I'm not sure you turn that down or take less because of loyalty.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
I think it's going to be a problem. This could be the last contract he ever signs. Someone is going to throw stupid crazy amounts of money at him. Especially if he can put together a good playoffs. I'm not sure you turn that down or take less because of loyalty.
I guess we shall see. I really don't think Quick is going to go anywhere. They`ll pay him.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quick is on par for a Vezina nomination, and if he turns it on down here throughout the last stretch, possibly even a distant Hart nomination. It's a coin toss, depends on the individual and his agent, but everything points to a big raise.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 02-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Quick is on par for a Norris nomination, and if he turns it on down here throughout the last stretch, possibly even a distant Hart nomination. It's a coin toss, depends on the individual and his agent, but everything points to a big raise.
Damn, that is a mighty impressive season for a goalie

Old
02-02-2012, 09:31 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
LOL! I didn't even catch that when I read it!

Old
02-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Well I mean he is sort of the Kings best defender.....

Old
02-02-2012, 09:34 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Quick's a good guy, but I don't think it will come down to money for him and his family. I think it will come down to location. If they're happy living in LA, so far from their families, he'll sign (given the Kings offer him around market money). If his wife wants to be close to family and he has a good/great offer from a team back east? He might just take it. Both he and his wife seem really close/into family.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Capn Brown

If Toronto & the Kings are scouting each other, doesn't it all come down to which GM (Lombardi or Burke) will be able to get the better of the other? Who has the edge in a trade?

Old
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Vezina* Just got done reading the Doughty is a bum thread on the main board and was in Norris mode

Old
02-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
We need to hang on to Voynov. Your proposal involves too much NHL level talent leaving the Kings. Many will say you need to "give to get" but if I am DL my "untouchables" are:

- Voynov
- Kopi
- Doughty
- Richards
- Quick
i agree with this

Old
02-03-2012, 12:06 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quick is gonna win the Vezina and the Norris! It's not my opinion - It's science.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:13 AM
no name

Speculation on what it "will come down to" regarding Quick is silly. Nobody knows anything about the kid. We've never seen him when it's come down to his loyalty, quest for money, thirst for victory, etc. He's quiet but we are all just speculating until he goes into a REAL negotiation.

In my opinion Bernier is a non factor. He's got talent but has shown us nothing to say if he will be a starter in the NHL. He's still as much of a wild card as he was 3 years ago. the only difference between now and 3 years ago is that we know Quick is a legit star.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Overpayment.
*spits out milk*

@ the last this posts

Old
02-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Vezina* Just got done reading the Doughty is a bum thread on the main board and was in Norris mode
Fair enough.
I read about 5 posts in that Doughty thread on main board and left it...angried up the blood too much. Nevermind the fact that over the last 21gp(as in not a hot streak but consistant play) he is on pace for 66pts, +27. Some people don't let little things like facts get in the way of their hate.

That being said, I agree assuming Quick does not implode in the last little bit, it will be a travesty if he doesn't get a least a Vezina nomination.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
To LA: Nash and Boomer the phallic mascot

To CBS: Hickey, Muzzin, Lotkionov, our game clock, + picks

To LAK: Nash, Carter, Mason

To CBJ: Bernier, Vey, Deslauriers, Two plates of Hot Wings, Mastro's gift card, and this...The deal closer

Old
02-03-2012, 12:59 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Well at least we know the next mascot to replace Boomer will be the Columbus Coulomb.

To LA: Nash, Carter, Howson's Lithium prescription

To CBJ: Clune, Salvatore Tecchi, a $50 entry to Pancakes with Penner, and Lombardi's Wikipedia bookmarks

Old
02-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Tim Tebow

Bringing Carter to LA would just be repeating the Flyers mistakes.

A few key points

- Richards and Carter do not play well on the same line. Philadelphia tried it numerously throughout their careers and it never clicked.

- Carter does not play well on the wing. Philadelphia tried this numerously also but it did not work. Towards the end of last season Carter was demoted to line 3 center because Giroux outplayed him and Briere could play RW. Carter only averaged 15 minutes and below of ice time to end the season and throughout the playoffs. (Comparable to Jordan Staal who was not productive playing wing to Malkin or Crosby)

- Carter has never had a good playoff effort. Career 21 points in 47 games. All spread out in bad efforts.

- If the Kings get Carter and he doesn't work out they are stuck with him until he is 37 as well as being a team that will have a lot of money tied up in numerous long term contracts restricting them in who they resign and bring in via FA.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post

A few key points

- Richards and Carter do not play well on the same line. Philadelphia tried it numerously throughout their careers and it never clicked.

- Carter does not play well on the wing. Philadelphia tried this numerously also but it did not work. Towards the end of last season Carter was demoted to line 3 center because Giroux outplayed him and Briere could play RW. Carter only averaged 15 minutes and below of ice time to end the season and throughout the playoffs. (Comparable to Jordan Staal who was not productive playing wing to Malkin or Crosby)

- Carter has never had a good playoff effort. Career 21 points in 47 games. All spread out in bad efforts.

- If the Kings get Carter and he doesn't work out they are stuck with him until he is 37 as well as being a team that will have a lot of money tied up in numerous long term contracts restricting them in who they resign and bring in via FA.
Not a bad first post.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:21 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
If LA was nearly identical to Philly than yes, Carter to LA would be as you said. But Philly and LA aren't comparable teams. Jeff Carter has scored more career goals than any player on the kings roster other than the likely done for the season Gagne.

What's our biggest problem? Goal scoring.

Zach Parise's at the top of my wish list, although I know better than to get my hopes up. Yes, there are some issues with acquiring another center, but Carter would still be a tremendous acquisition.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:25 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

While Parise will probably end the season with Jersey and can be had for free, who on God's green earth thinks he'd come out here to the West?

Carter might be worth the gamble.

Fact: The LA Kings need scoring help.

Closed Thread