HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Immonen or Helminen?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 12:31 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Immonen or Helminen?

IMO, if Immonen gets called up, then he needs to be placed between Rucinsky & Prucha, with Rucchin getting dropped to Betts's spot. If the plan is to keep Rucchin as the 2nd line center, then it would be far better to call up Dewey and place him in Betts's spot.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:01 PM
SML

Pretty good assessment of the situation. I think Helminen has responded more offensively that anyone figured he would, but that his real bread and butter as an NHL player will be as a good 3rd line defensive forward who can chip in with some occasional offense. I am more excited to see what we have with him than Immonen though. I can't wait to see either one and maybe they can try both scenarios and see what pans out.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:16 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
maybe they can try both scenarios and see what pans out.
The only experiment I would not like to see is Immonen get called up, but having Rucchin be the 2nd line center. Immonen is a prospect that needs to be put into the best position to succeed. IMO, such a position should not be centering Ward & Neimo. Such a position would be to be the pivot between Rucincky & Prucha.
Him and Prucha played on the same line when Prucha was in Hartford, didn't they? I seem to recall Immonen assisting on some of his few Hartford goals.

Closed Thread