HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXV |if we spend most of the thread talking about 1 thing, is it really OT?

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Sorry, late reply, but have you used CyanogenMod on the Touchpad? If so, how does ICS compare? Interested to know because I have family with Touchpads.
That's what I installed. CM9 Alpha 0.5 came out this week. I would read the last page of the thread linked below. That's what convinced me to do it and It has links to the instructions I used.

I love it. Don't see any reason to boot to WebOS even though it leaves it as dual boot. Without the market there just isn't much to offer in WebOS unless it gets traction with it's release to open source.

EDIT: For example: The app Evernote in WebOS is a copy used for mobile phones, so the size of the app is the size of a typical mobile phone. In Android mode I get the full sized app and with WebOS essentially dead there will be no upgrade for the WebOS app.

The camera and voice recorder don't work, but I don't need that now and it is being worked on. If I really needed them I could boot to WebOS. All my music was found by Poweramp which I was allowed to download since I had already purchased it for my phone. So, even though it's a different OS it can read all the files using something like ES File explorer.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=972769&page=4

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...

Last edited by Led Zappa: 02-02-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 05:14 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I stayed up all night writing this midterm and now I get an email (20 mins before class) that I don't have to turn it in till tuesday. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! NOW I WANT IT TO BE DUE TODAY BECAUSE APPARENTLY I AM ONE OF THE FEW TO FINISH IT ON TIME!!!

lol that's what you get, NERD.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Hrm, I open facebook and the first thing on my wall is something my friend linked (male) "Pictures of cute boys with beards holding cats."

his comment was "Pretty sure 95% of my friends will like this. "
What on earth is going on...
Well apparently your friend thinks 95% of his friends would like.

In other news visualize two trains. One filled with flammable stuff the other filled with puppies and kittens. They collide in the horrific collision and it's terrible, etc etc. That's pretty much how the asking out went.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:25 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post

In other news visualize two trains. One filled with flammable stuff the other filled with puppies and kittens. They collide in the horrific collision and it's terrible, etc etc. That's pretty much how the asking out went.
All I can say is, nothing bad happened. Move on and put more puppies and kittens on a train.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

Quote:

were you the puppies and kittens or the flammable stuff? Sorry to hear it went bad bro.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
All I can say is, nothing bad happened. Move on and put more puppies and kittens on a train.
Hahahaha yeah I'll try again sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkway Drive View Post
were you the puppies and kittens or the flammable stuff? Sorry to hear it went bad bro.
I don't even know hahaha. And it's cool or something. Just gotta try again later.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:34 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hahahaha yeah I'll try again sometime in the future.
What did she say? Just not interested? Was she polite about it?

Old
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
What did she say? Just not interested? Was she polite about it?
Uh she skipped out on class so I had to resort to using text messages. Which even I know is like super super super bad. Don't have a response to the actual ask out 5 hours later, so I'm assuming it's a no haha. Oh wellz.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Uh she skipped out on class so I had to resort to using text messages. Which even I know is like super super super bad. Don't have a response to the actual ask out 5 hours later, so I'm assuming it's a no haha. Oh wellz.
Texting isn't necessarily bad, you just have to know who you are talking to. For instance my friends at Davis last Qtr all spoke English as a second language and they told me they HATED talking on the phone because sometimes they couldn't understand etc so I would text them exclusively (unless we were hanging out in person).

But yeah, don't plan on her texting back. If she doesn't, oh well. tbh it's rather rude to not even give a response, I hate that but tbh you just experienced the worst thing that can happen. Now you just have to realize that nothing bad came of it and don't act angry if you see her again.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Texting isn't necessarily bad, you just have to know who you are talking to. For instance my friends at Davis last Qtr all spoke English as a second language and they told me they HATED talking on the phone because sometimes they couldn't understand etc so I would text them exclusively (unless we were hanging out in person).

But yeah, don't plan on her texting back. If she doesn't, oh well. tbh it's rather rude to not even give a response, I hate that but tbh you just experienced the worst thing that can happen. Now you just have to realize that nothing bad came of it and don't act angry if you see her again.
Well we have a class together so I know i'll see her again. But yeah whatever, it's all good. I'll try again some other time in person, etc etc.

edit: oh **** whoa I just looked back. Did I really ask her out by going "we should study for the upcoming test"? What the. I swear I sent something different. hahahahahaha

Last edited by Mafoofoo: 02-02-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 10:02 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well we have a class together so I know i'll see her again. But yeah whatever, it's all good. I'll try again some other time in person, etc etc.

edit: oh **** whoa I just looked back. Did I really ask her out by going "we should study for the upcoming test"? What the. I swear I sent something different. hahahahahaha
technically you didn't ask her anything, you stated something. >_>

If it makes you feel better, though, I've gotten non responses quite a few times since coming to college. The only one that really bothered me was a girl who went out on dates with me several times and made out with me...

BUT DONT TEXT AGAIN!!! You screwed up your asking don't make it worse by sending more msgs, you can talk to her next class.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Mafoofoo

Fair enough. Oh yeah I'm not planning to.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Kitten Mittons

I "accidentally" shaved. Stupid trimmer; I thought it was 3 but it was on 1. and then I cut myself shaving my neck. Mafoofoo aint got **** on my problems.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
That's what I installed. CM9 Alpha 0.5 came out this week. I would read the last page of the thread linked below. That's what convinced me to do it and It has links to the instructions I used.

I love it. Don't see any reason to boot to WebOS even though it leaves it as dual boot. Without the market there just isn't much to offer in WebOS unless it gets traction with it's release to open source.

EDIT: For example: The app Evernote in WebOS is a copy used for mobile phones, so the size of the app is the size of a typical mobile phone. In Android mode I get the full sized app and with WebOS essentially dead there will be no upgrade for the WebOS app.

The camera and voice recorder don't work, but I don't need that now and it is being worked on. If I really needed them I could boot to WebOS. All my music was found by Poweramp which I was allowed to download since I had already purchased it for my phone. So, even though it's a different OS it can read all the files using something like ES File explorer.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=972769&page=4
Oh, sorry... I meant to ask CM7 vs. CM9.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:25 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I "accidentally" shaved. Stupid trimmer; I thought it was 3 but it was on 1. and then I cut myself shaving my neck. Mafoofoo aint got **** on my problems.
You probably look better anyway, keeping the very very close stubble (almost clean shaven) allows for the best of both worlds. You get girls that like a clean shaven look, and then if they prefer stubble you just let it grow for a day.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

not to brag or anything, but I had lunch with George Will in his office

Old
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
You probably look better anyway, keeping the very very close stubble (almost clean shaven) allows for the best of both worlds. You get girls that like a clean shaven look, and then if they prefer stubble you just let it grow for a day.
Nah bro, my glorious long hair along with a beard is irresistible. All that is left is get a haircut and I will look 10.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Nah bro, my glorious long hair along with a beard is irresistible. All that is left is get a haircut and I will look 10.
Do it.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:36 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
How long is long?

Old
02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Do it.
I want to soooooooooooooooooo much. Seriously, maintaining my hair is a pain in the ass, dude. But I gots to keep it for the looks.

Quote:
How long is long?
If I brush it upward, I get a Ludacris fro. Maintained, like Bogosian but MUCH curlier but not as long:

My hair is unfortunately too curly/thick to brush it all back, so I just do sides and very front.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Mafoofoo

What? That's not long at all. Otherwise I'd have long hair too.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:49 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

If I brush it upward, I get a Ludacris fro. Maintained, like Bogosian but MUCH curlier but not as long:

My hair is unfortunately too curly/thick to brush it all back, so I just do sides and very front.
My hair used to be so much longer, I grew my hair down to my waist to donate for locks of love. Needless to say woman contact increased exponentially when I cut my hair. But I can be sure that I donated the prettiest hair to the foundation ^^

In HS my Hair + Bear lead me to the "Jesus" nickname.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:51 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
If any of yous use Dropbox... here's a pretty sweet way to get a bunch of bonus space.

Old
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
What? That's not long at all. Otherwise I'd have long hair too.
For me, it's long because curliness kills it. It doesn't look much on this picture (hair "descended" a little) but it's much worse irl

Last edited by Kitten Mittons: 02-03-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old
02-02-2012, 11:19 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
For me, it's long because curliness kills it. It doesn't look much on this picture (hair "descended" a little) but it's much worse irl
Oh, you have a jew fro. Ya, I had beautiful long and thick strands of hair, total jesus vibe.

Closed Thread