HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 2 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 03:54 PM
thejlb1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
why? he wouldn't want to play for a team that is tied for 3rd most points in the league?
Man you don't have to tell me how great a team we are. I already know. I'm just saying I think it would take some convincing. Just look at Suter and Weber. We're a great team so whats with the hold up signing?

It's about commiting to nashville for a long while.Not just the team. I think the lack of a suter/weber signing really hurts our chances at getting other big name guys here.

Carter has a chance to determine where he goes this time. Thats all I'm saying I am sure he as compiled a mental list of teams he'd rather play for. I just hope the preds can start finding whatever it is to get players to want to come nashville.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:57 PM
predfan24

Quote:
why? he wouldn't want to play for a team that is tied for 3rd most points in the league?
I think it scares Preds brass that he DOES have a NTC. If he didn't work out and he didn't want to be moved the Preds would be stuck with a large contract.

Old
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
IF you had followed Cormier in JR many saw he wasn't going to be a top flight NHLer 3rd liner at best. Unfortunatly as usually happens players get too much draft hype due to the word JR tourney. Just like I watch Tinordi play here in London and some people are really high on the kid but honestly he is no better than a lower pairing D man. His skating is not great and his positioning is often way off and he takes way too many stupid penalties.
Sounds like he'll be the ideal Canadien top pairing guy.

Old
02-02-2012, 04:03 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Sounds like he'll be the ideal Canadien top pairing guy.
If Gauthier continues running thing in MTL I fear you may be correct

Old
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

So does anyone know who was scouting lindback tonight?

Old
02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
So does anyone know who was scouting lindback tonight?
i haven't heard anything... anyone else?

Old
02-02-2012, 08:54 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i haven't heard anything... anyone else?
How do we know someone was scouting him?

Old
02-02-2012, 09:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
we're just assuming... it's a game against an eastern conference team with the deadline less than a month away.. and lindback is potential trade bait with rinne obviously the starter

Old
02-02-2012, 09:05 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Is rinne hurt or sick? (I avent read the gdt)

If not it has to be that lindy was being showcased. Rinne surely didn't need rest.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Is rinne hurt or sick? (I avent read the gdt)

If not it has to be that lindy was being showcased. Rinne surely didn't need rest.
rinne wasn't hurt nor sick.. trotz just decided to give him the start

Old
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
rinne wasn't hurt nor sick.. trotz just decided to give him the start
Exactly. Why would he do this now? Pekka certainly isn't tired. If he just wanted lindback in a game next week in ottawa makes more sense. I think he was probably being showcased for someone

Old
02-02-2012, 09:16 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Exactly. Why would he do this now? Pekka certainly isn't tired. If he just wanted lindback in a game next week in ottawa makes more sense. I think he was probably being showcased for someone
i agree... our schedule is what saturday against STL then tuesday against VAN ... ? plenty of time for rest.. one would think something was up but we all know trotz..

side note:

i have been browsing the main boards and i put the offer of lindback + blum + 1st for carter and CBJ fans agree in unison they would do that deal, even outside fan bases.. they said it was the best offer they have seen... hmmm..

Old
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
i agree... our schedule is what saturday against STL then tuesday against VAN ... ? plenty of time for rest.. one would think something was up but we all know trotz..

side note:

i have been browsing the main boards and i put the offer of lindback + blum + 1st for carter and CBJ fans agree in unison they would do that deal, even outside fan bases.. they said it was the best offer they have seen... hmmm..
You gotta belive cbj is looking for a young goalie and a young defenseman, but not true prospects who haven't yet shown they can play in the nhl.. We are probably one of the few teams who can give them both in one trade. And you wonder if maybe the gms don't anticipate our teams getting seperated in the realignment whenever it happens, so the concern about trading in division. isnt so bad

Old
02-03-2012, 12:15 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I think it scares Preds brass that he DOES have a NTC. If he didn't work out and he didn't want to be moved the Preds would be stuck with a large contract.
It's doesn't take a lot to scare Poile into his office, waiting for the next telegram to come in from the messenger boy.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Well he only has a full NTC for the first 2 years. Partial NTC after that. Not sure what the conditions are.

After the Columbus nightmare, I don't think he'd have a problem waiving his clause to go pretty much anywhere. Who knows though. It's not a sure thing he'd want to come here.

Old
02-03-2012, 04:34 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Aaron Portzline said that it's definite that Carter is moved prior to the deadline.

I know the board is divided on the matter,but I think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. We're not getting Parise, Ryan's not available, and the price could be met without touching our current roster outside of Lindback, IMO.
Well honestly, I wouldn't mind if we traded them...Lindback + Smithson + Blum + 1st - 3 NHL tested players and a first. Plus we lose our problem child (Smithson) He's cheap and fits in well on their lower lines. Adds to the package without really giving away that much. Also helps with cap and possibly needing to buyout smithson to get rid of him later.

Old
02-03-2012, 04:37 AM
predwings

Quote:
Well if he sucks terribly, then there is nothing either will be able to do. Or He'll want out quick and waive the NTC. If we suck bad, he'll be able to be sold come deadline and I'm sure he'll be happy to waive NTC. He's looking for a team to contend with, and if he isn't getting it done or we aren't getting it done, he'll want to find somewhere he can.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:19 AM
maplepred

Too bad hemsky wasn't a less injury prone player, I think erat would love a Czech mate to play with!

Today is my birthday, lol, what a gift it would be if Poile gets Carter or someone today! Make it happen David!!

Old
02-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Sleazoid
Who needs offense?

I think Nash would be the better fit for us, but I'm definitely not against getting Carter, the kid is good.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
tserberis*

AK (signed)+ Emelin for Blum+ Smithson + 1st

?

Old
02-03-2012, 11:43 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

?
i don't know who emelin is, but he can't be that hot of a prospect. (he may be a top prospect for montreal, but being the prettiest girl in ugly class doesn't say much)

So I ghuess my question is when is AK worth Blum and a first?

Old
02-03-2012, 12:01 PM
tserberis*

???

Emelin

* GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GWG S Hits BkS GvA TkA TOI/g
2011-2012 REGULAR 39 1 1 2 -4 16 0 0 0 43 141 59 26 7 16:56
ON PACE FOR 70 1 1 2 -7 28 0 0 0 77 253 105 46 12 16:56

Do you see those hits number??? Do you know Hwo is he now???
Only -4 on that circus team...

Old
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
i don't know who emelin is, but he can't be that hot of a prospect. (he may be a top prospect for montreal, but being the prettiest girl in ugly class doesn't say much)

So I ghuess my question is when is AK worth Blum and a first?
Emelin is no prospect...but would help us on the blueline. Based on the small sample size I've seen him (4 or 5 games this year) dude hits like Kasparaitis. I still think I would prefer the mammoth Hal Gill if we're dealing with Montreal though. Big body, proven playoff performer.

It would be pretty sweet getting the brother connection with Andrei and Sergei as well...but would this be our GIANT move to lobby Weber and Suter to sign long-term? I don't think adding two UFAs convinces them.

There isn't a better fit than Jeff Carter IMO.

EDIT:Sorry I didn't see in the proposed deal that AK would be signed. I would pull the trigger on that deal if AK was signed to a reasonable dollar ($4 mil a year max)

Last edited by FaceOfTheFranchise: 02-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stache of Shea Weber View Post
Emelin is no prospect...but would help us on the blueline. Based on the small sample size I've seen him (4 or 5 games this year) dude hits like Kasparaitis. I still think I would prefer the mammoth Hal Gill if we're dealing with Montreal though. Big body, proven playoff performer.

It would be pretty sweet getting the brother connection with Andrei and Sergei as well...but would this be our GIANT move to lobby Weber and Suter to sign long-term? I don't think adding two UFAs convinces them.

There isn't a better fit than Jeff Carter IMO.

EDIT:Sorry I didn't see in the proposed deal that AK would be signed. I would pull the trigger on that deal if AK was signed to a reasonable dollar ($4 mil a year max)
Emelin is RFA and this is his first season in the NA. So I assume he is only getting better...

Old
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

?
That would be awesome. Emelin is a human steamroller.

Aaron Portzline had some interesting things to say about Carter in a recent chat with the fans. [Brackets denote editing by me; I hate typos.]

Quote:
12:04:14 Portzline: That would appear difficult, especially since Coutourier looks like such a player. I may be in the minority here, but I think the Blue Jackets can get good value in return for Carter. It's going to have to be the right fit. Not just a team that's willing to take his term (10 years) and the money ($5.27, which isn't bad for a guy who can score 40 goals), but it's got to be a team that has plenty of character and wouldn't expect Carter to pick the team up to a higher notch. He's not a lead singer. He's a potentially outstanding back-up singer. If he's the third or fourth or fifth scoring option among your forwards, it makes perfect sense.
<snip>

12:29:11 cfallsfan: i dont know if the carter things has been mention yet.....but is trading him about his character, lack of chemistry with nash, the need for goalie and blueline is so great or all the above?

12:32:37 Portzline: More than anything I think it's about Carter, and it's about the Blue Jackets' failure to properly understand what they were acquiring in him. They needed a guy to come in and help lift the club to another level, and he's not a [lifter]. He's along for the ride on a good team, a third- or fourth scoring option when the team is rolling along. If you've watched him play this season, it would only be fair to question his level of caring. He's not played hard or well too many nights this season. And no, Nash and Carter have not meshed.
That really reminds me of Arnott, and not in a good way.

Closed Thread