HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Blues Jerseys

Old
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I am probably a little rude and off my rocker.. but I would like to see something done different witht he emblem. A new emblem design is in need... and the 3rd emblem is a lot better to c hange things up giving a fresher look. I think we need something else done. We can play with stripes, piping, and color all day.... but it will always looks similar. The logo itself is bland.
The logo itself is great. Our logo is the same as the Wings, Hawks, Leafs, Flyers, Canadiens, it is traditional, iconic, and doesn't need to be changed. Our jersey is the definition of don't fix what isn't broke. We can make minor adjustments to the jersey to upgrade it a little, but like the team no need to make any major overhauls.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
I am probably a little rude and off my rocker.. but I would like to see something done different witht he emblem. A new emblem design is in need... and the 3rd emblem is a lot better to c hange things up giving a fresher look. I think we need something else done. We can play with stripes, piping, and color all day.... but it will always looks similar. The logo itself is bland.
No need to change the Bluenote in any way, shape, or form. It is consistently ranked among the best logos in the league. It is distinct, and has had only minor cosmetic changes for almost 50 years. It is the very definition of iconic. There's a reason why logos themselves don't change often. It was a travesty when the Sabres went from their original logo to the angry goathead. It destroyed their identity in my opinion. Changing/adding colors is one thing... but you don't overhaul a logo unless it is absolutely necessary.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
You appear to have the Blues confused with the Canucks or the Islanders.

Once you have an instantly recognizable logo, you do not change it. To have such is a precious commodity for marketing/merchandising and it ties to tradition which is of the utmost importance in NHL teams.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
SirPaste

Blues logo is one of the best in all of sports. No way they should change it and no way they ever will.

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
PlagerBros*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
I don't post at the Asylum, so that's not something you'll have to worry about. Also, anyone that gets angry over a conversation about a jersey has some serious problems.
Trust me the guy I was talking about gets very angry when it comes to jerseys.

Quote:
The shoulder yoke is not the same. On the old yoke, the white and yellow went all the way across the yoke, which is not the case on the Edge uniform.
Wow, a couple of inches makes then go from one of the best to one of the worst? Seriously?!?!?!

Quote:
Regardless, it is just your opinion. I, and many others, believe that the home and road jerseys are among the worst in the league. (See how that works?)
The difference is that my opinion is backed up by many people around here as well as many articles and polls about the best jerseys in the NHL. Please show me one of those polls/articles showing the Blues as one of the worst. Otherwise you are just making things up in order to not admit that many more share my opinion (that they are among the best) then your opinion.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Whenever I read these threads with passionate views on uniforms, I find it hard not to assign a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy voice to the posts.

I also find it hard to muster much of an opinion, though I do think the Blues' 3rds still look pretty cool.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Iconic and traditional makes sense to me... but I still think you can only change the uniform so much when the logo remains the same. I think what makes the third so neat is the difference of the logo with the arch in the background. it is different spin and the lacing is neat. I'm a fan of it personally.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:46 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChChChChimo View Post
Trust me the guy I was talking about gets very angry when it comes to jerseys.
I can't imagine why if you treat his opinion the same way you've treated mine.

Quote:
Wow, a couple of inches makes then go from one of the best to one of the worst? Seriously?!?!?!
Gee, now that you put it that way I guess my opinion has just been silly all along. I've seen the error of my ways and I'll start giving the Blues jersey the respect it deserves.

No, a couple of inches doesn't take it from one of the best to one of the worst. Piping, lack of waist stripes, horns, and a shoulder yoke that looks closer to shoulder pads makes it a worse jersey, in my opinion.

And try telling a design major that a couple of inches can't ruin a design and see how far you get.

Quote:
The difference is that my opinion is backed up by many people around here as well as many articles and polls about the best jerseys in the NHL. Please show me one of those polls/articles showing the Blues as one of the worst. Otherwise you are just making things up in order to not admit that many more share my opinion (that they are among the best) then your opinion.
So... you're one of those posters. Ok. The difference between my opinion and your opinion is that I don't mind that you have one that differs from mine. You should know that I'm not going to look things up to justify my opinion on this subject. If we were having a discussion about player a performing better than player b I would feel the need to justify my opinion. This is a conversation about a ****ing jersey. Frankly, I don't care if you have a different opinion. I don't care if more posters/media outlets/your friends and family agree with your opinion. Even if it is true (which it probably is, I already assumed I was in the minority on this), that doesn't give your opinion on the design of a jersey anymore weight than mine. So, do me a favor and take your holier than thou attitude back to the Asylum where that kind of drivel belongs.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

On the "couple of inches" discussion:
While some may scoff at the line of thought that a couple of inches don't make or break a jersey, I disagree. Humans generally like things to be in proportion, to scale and balanced. On a jersey, most of which are around 2.5' long, an inch or more is a large percentage of the space you have to work with, especially when you break the sweater into appropriate zones.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Kreegz2

The biggest thing our jerseys are missing is a waist stripe. Also the piping is absolutely terrible. I don't know why some teams thought it was a good idea, any jersey with piping just looks ridiculous in my opinion.

Honestly all they have to do is revert back to the jerseys that we used from 98-07. Those were by far my favorite jerseys that they have had. The 3rds can stay. I have not purchased a jersey of this current generation and do not plan to.

Kreegz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
mmitchell19

Am I the only one here who doesn't know what "horns" are on a jersey? I've played hockey for 30+ years and I don't recall ever once hearing that term before. Could someone please explain them?

Count me amongst the "unemotional about jerseys" group...but I did like the pre-EDGE design better than the current one, and I really don't care for any of our past jerseys with red in them. The first concept pictured in the thread looks fantastic.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
Am I the only one here who doesn't know what "horns" are on a jersey? I've played hockey for 30+ years and I don't recall ever once hearing that term before. Could someone please explain them?

Count me amongst the "unemotional about jerseys" group...but I did like the pre-EDGE design better than the current one, and I really don't care for any of our past jerseys with red in them. The first concept pictured in the thread looks fantastic.
I prefer to forget the whole red thing ever happened. It is by far the worst and IMO the only bad thing that has happened in our great jersey history. Those 3rds that never made it don't count.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:42 PM
PlagerBros*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
I can't imagine why if you treat his opinion the same way you've treated mine.

Gee, now that you put it that way I guess my opinion has just been silly all along. I've seen the error of my ways and I'll start giving the Blues jersey the respect it deserves.

No, a couple of inches doesn't take it from one of the best to one of the worst. Piping, lack of waist stripes, horns, and a shoulder yoke that looks closer to shoulder pads makes it a worse jersey, in my opinion.

And try telling a design major that a couple of inches can't ruin a design and see how far you get.

So... you're one of those posters. Ok. The difference between my opinion and your opinion is that I don't mind that you have one that differs from mine. You should know that I'm not going to look things up to justify my opinion on this subject. If we were having a discussion about player a performing better than player b I would feel the need to justify my opinion. This is a conversation about a ****ing jersey. Frankly, I don't care if you have a different opinion. I don't care if more posters/media outlets/your friends and family agree with your opinion. Even if it is true (which it probably is, I already assumed I was in the minority on this), that doesn't give your opinion on the design of a jersey anymore weight than mine. So, do me a favor and take your holier than thou attitude back to the Asylum where that kind of drivel belongs.
Two comments:

1) For someone who says he doesn't care you sure seem to be getting worked up.

2) Do you feel your arguments are stronger when you toss in some insults?

(It is rather interesting timing as to when you decided to get fired up...right after I mention the many articles and polls that say the Blues are among the best.)

Enjoy your anger tough guy.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:44 PM
PlagerBros*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I prefer to forget the whole red thing ever happened. It is by far the worst and IMO the only bad thing that has happened in our great jersey history. Those 3rds that never made it don't count.
I didn't mind the jerseys that used it as a thin trim, but when they went for the big time red in the Ducks style angles jersey it was really bad.

Old
01-31-2012, 11:33 AM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

It really hurts to speak an opinion in this forum... will only get it thrown back at you like a Chara slapshop.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:51 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
More personal back and forth and this thread will be done.

If you want to discuss jerseys, please continue.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Beastman*

I don't care for the "Edge" look. When I see JD, I will mention it to him.

Beastman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Sandusky

On a slightly related note, when did the NHL switch the home/away colr scheme from whites at home to whites on the road? And are they going to switch it back sometime? I have always like the white jerseys better.

Also, I rather like our current thirds, but I wouldn't want it to become permanent. '98 to '08 were the best jersey years, imo.

Sandusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Beastman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandusky View Post
On a slightly related note, when did the NHL switch the home/away colr scheme from whites at home to whites on the road? And are they going to switch it back sometime? I have always like the white jerseys better.

Also, I rather like our current thirds, but I wouldn't want it to become permanent. '98 to '08 were the best jersey years, imo.
I think whites should be worn at home also.

Beastman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
h22prelude93

I may be in a minority, but I'm really not a huge fan of the Blues 3rd jerseys. Too many teams have used the circle logo IMO. You've got the Pens, Hawks, Panthers, Islanders, Sabres, Oilers, and Bruins all wearing circle logo 3rd jerseys now. It just seems rather repetitive to me...I guess I was just hoping for something a little more original. A new age Retro type would be sweet, but I also like the idea of adding a little more yellow, and still incorporating the St.Louis Arch if at all possible.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:08 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastman View Post
I think whites should be worn at home also.
Disagree. Wearing a full color gives your players a much better chance of seeing each other on ice, and teams winning at home is better for the NHL. It just makes too much sense, and I honestly doubt we ever see it switched back.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote