HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 12:05 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I'll be in town tomorrow for the Blackhawks game and will be looking for a good, affordable bar with decent food close to the arena.
Sounds like you want to hit up Paradise Park. On Broadway. Less than a block from the arena. Same side as the arena.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Sounds like you want to hit up Paradise Park. On Broadway. Less than a block from the arena. Same side as the arena.

It's on the list. Any good places for music close by after the game?

Old
01-20-2012, 03:38 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
oh good Lord.... its nashville for heavens sake...

just stroll down broadway until you hear something you like...

Old
01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
That's like asking if there's any water near the beach. But if you've never been downtown Nashville, I'll give you a pass.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:42 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
As everyone else has said, it's Nashville...

Personally, I enjoy Layla's. They have a guy there on Saturday night's that plays Tom Petty for hours on end. Love it... But honestly, after visiting other cities, karaoke in Nashville is better than an extremely good bar/music venue in any other city outside of LA and (maybe, i'm not sold on the times I've been) NY. So you are bound to find a good place.

Old
01-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Bongo

Paradise Park was the bomb. Great burgers, cheap tall Blue Ribbons, decent band, and a Bachelorette party. Ended up at Bailey's after the game. What a great night. Just what a couple of abandoned hockey fans from Atlanta needed. Thanks Nashville. I'll be back next month for the Sharks.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:04 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Paradise Park was the bomb. Great burgers, cheap tall Blue Ribbons, decent band, and a Bachelorette party. Ended up at Bailey's after the game. What a great night. Just what a couple of abandoned hockey fans from Atlanta needed. Thanks Nashville. I'll be back next month for the Sharks.
Good to hear. I hit up Bailey's pregame just about every game.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Good to hear. I hit up Bailey's pregame just about every game.
Maybe we can hook up next trip. I'm thinking of putting some money down on playoff tickets.

Old
01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

I'm trying to get tickets for the Jets/Preds game. Any sections that are recommended or any to stay away from? I'd rather sit on the Preds' attack once side.

Thanks!

Old
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Sightlines are good most anywhere in the arena. If you want to sit on attack once side that's the 120 end. I'd stay away from the lowest seats on the sidelines because the bench and the penalty boxes get in the way of a portion of the ice. Glass seats are AA so if you get up to FF-GG and above you'll be fine. Not a problem in the corners and the ends so the lower the better. :-) If you take a look at the seating chart, keep in mind that the numericals work like this. If you're on the ice looking at the section the numbers run from left to right. So if you're in section 104, the numbers around 13-18 (or however high it goes) will be on the aisle closest to the corner. 1-8 will be near the aisle closer to the blue line.

A really good deal, though, is to sit on the opposing end in 314 - 319. You get seats at the same height as club seating for half the cost. You can add the All You Can Eat option (hot dogs, soda, peanuts, popcorn, pretzels, nachos, and something additional that changes) or the adult option which also includes beer. I don't know what the add on charge is for non STH's, but they were very reasonable for STH's.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:38 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Sightlines are good most anywhere in the arena. If you want to sit on attack once side that's the 120 end. I'd stay away from the lowest seats on the sidelines because the bench and the penalty boxes get in the way of a portion of the ice. Glass seats are AA so if you get up to FF-GG and above you'll be fine. Not a problem in the corners and the ends so the lower the better. :-) If you take a look at the seating chart, keep in mind that the numericals work like this. If you're on the ice looking at the section the numbers run from left to right. So if you're in section 104, the numbers around 13-18 (or however high it goes) will be on the aisle closest to the corner. 1-8 will be near the aisle closer to the blue line.

A really good deal, though, is to sit on the opposing end in 314 - 319. You get seats at the same height as club seating for half the cost. You can add the All You Can Eat option (hot dogs, soda, peanuts, popcorn, pretzels, nachos, and something additional that changes) or the adult option which also includes beer. I don't know what the add on charge is for non STH's, but they were very reasonable for STH's.
How does the "all you can eat" work? Is there only a certain time that you can get food or is it open the whole game?

The Preds site wasn't too forthcoming in info about that option. Thanks for the help.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Insanepredator

Send a message via Skype™ to Insanepredator
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
How does the "all you can eat" work? Is there only a certain time that you can get food or is it open the whole game?

The Preds site wasn't too forthcoming in info about that option. Thanks for the help.
I've never done it, but there is a concession stand that is set just outside of the "all you can eat" section and it appears to be open all game, or at least during the intermissions, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

You get an armband at a stand set up on the third level. At most of the concession stands there are certain items that are "AYCE"--always hotdogs, soda, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and pretzels (though pretzels are kind of hard to find). There is a sign on the side of the concession stand saying what's free there. You just show your armband to the person at the stand. It's probably a good idea to have your ticket available, too, but I've never been asked to show it.

There is a section set up near the back stairs (319 I think) where you can get popcorn, nachos (with jalopenos) peanuts and sodas. They usually have something else that is only available at that stand, but is part of the AYCE--they've had sloppy joes, sliders, and seems like one time they had barbecue.

The AYCE is offered throughout the game...up to the last 10 minutes of the third. It is only available on the third floor.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:51 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

I was able to get tickets in the AYCE seats for a pretty good price. I wouldn't have even thought about getting tickets in those sections if not for your help.

Thanks so much!

Old
02-02-2012, 11:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Hey Catbirds. I have to ask, how are you enjoying the Preds so far? Compared to past experiences?

Old
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Bongo

While I've always enjoyed trips to Nashville, this years was somewhat bittersweet due to losing our team the way we did last spring. During my last game there, 1/21 against the Hawks, my buddy Tommy kept saying "This is what we could have had in Atlanta."

Still, it's a lovely 4 hour drive, my ticket rep is treating me right, and the fans are awesome. I just wish Raleigh wasn't so far.

Old
02-03-2012, 05:43 PM
AintLifeGrand

Preds are my team now.

Had a blast at the game against the Flyers- Converted (except when we play the AVS )

Feels good to root for a winner

Old
02-05-2012, 10:06 PM
SniperWild

Send a message via Yahoo to SniperWild
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hey Catbirds. I have to ask, how are you enjoying the Preds so far? Compared to past experiences?
Just fine. Made it to Nashville for the first time for the Coyotes/Preds game back on 12/6 and was very impressed. Heading back for the game on Tuesday.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I like the team, the players, the uniforms, the experience at games. I listen to the podcasts, read all I can, I'm learning the prospects names, I'm trying to piece together the history especially Poile's and Trotz's styles and m.o. 's. I like Pete Weber and Crispy, I like Tom Callahan (although he's no Dan Kamal )I love that they're winning.

I've made it to 3 games now, will be back on Feb 23 and probably one more regualr season game. Bought a hat, a sweatshirt, a tee shirt, got a license plate for Christmas. I've watched all but maybe 3 or 4 games on television, I listen to the games on the radio (Iphone app) when I can't watch..................

I like them, I mean really like them - alot - BUT I don't "love" them (yet) like I did the Thrashers.

For me, it's difficult to invest in the team when I can't come to the majority of games and quite a few practices, rookie camps, training camps, etc and actualy see the "boys" up close and feed off their energy, intensity, and desire in person. I 'm postiive that's it....I click over to the Jets games on occasion and find that I really couldn't care less about almost all the former Thrashers players. It's the whole process of "living" the season with the team that endears me personally. I'm trying to figure out how to capture that with the Preds..... It's all in place in my head, now just need it to move to my heart like the Thrashers did................... Maybe a good playoff run will help that process?

Sappy I know! But kinda theraputic.......still miss having a team here in the ATL!

GO PREDS!

Old
02-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
I like the team, the players, the uniforms, the experience at games. I listen to the podcasts, read all I can, I'm learning the prospects names, I'm trying to piece together the history especially Poile's and Trotz's styles and m.o. 's. I like Pete Weber and Crispy, I like Tom Callahan (although he's no Dan Kamal )I love that they're winning.

I've made it to 3 games now, will be back on Feb 23 and probably one more regualr season game. Bought a hat, a sweatshirt, a tee shirt, got a license plate for Christmas. I've watched all but maybe 3 or 4 games on television, I listen to the games on the radio (Iphone app) when I can't watch..................

I like them, I mean really like them - alot - BUT I don't "love" them (yet) like I did the Thrashers.

For me, it's difficult to invest in the team when I can't come to the majority of games and quite a few practices, rookie camps, training camps, etc and actualy see the "boys" up close and feed off their energy, intensity, and desire in person. I 'm postiive that's it....I click over to the Jets games on occasion and find that I really couldn't care less about almost all the former Thrashers players. It's the whole process of "living" the season with the team that endears me personally. I'm trying to figure out how to capture that with the Preds..... It's all in place in my head, now just need it to move to my heart like the Thrashers did................... Maybe a good playoff run will help that process?

Sappy I know! But kinda theraputic.......still miss having a team here in the ATL!

GO PREDS!
So, when are you moving up here?

Old
02-07-2012, 08:34 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
So, when are you moving up here?
I considered it, but "uproot family and kids" on the cons side of the scale outweighed "pour heart and soul into hockey team" on the pros side of the scale.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Well, it's the reason I won't move AWAY from Nashville.

The gang: Mom/Sweetheart, you'd love it in (insert one): San Jose, LA, Toronto, Vancouver. (Lots of our type of work there--those aren't random)
Me: Sorry, wrong laundry.
The gang: How about Portland?
Me: NO laundry!

I have my standards of living and they have Nashville Predators on them somewhere.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Well, it's the reason I won't move AWAY from Nashville.

The gang: Mom/Sweetheart, you'd love it in (insert one): San Jose, LA, Toronto, Vancouver. (Lots of our type of work there--those aren't random)
Me: Sorry, wrong laundry.
The gang: How about Portland?
Me: NO laundry!

I have my standards of living and they have Nashville Predators on them somewhere.
Hahaha. That's the reason my wife won't let us move to Nashville. She says I'm already obsessed enough and if there was no hockey team, she'd have no problem moving there. But, I am only an hour away so it's not all bad.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I can't honestly say she isn't right.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
. But, I am only an hour away so it's not all bad.
That would work for me. From my front door to my seat at Philips Arnea was right at one hour!.......My front door to the Bridge: 3hrs 30 mins or so.

Quote:
Don't blame you.

If I ever leave Atlanta, Nashville would be my top choice because of the team.. I grew up in Knoxville and actually came to Atlanta after school (TTU) because of the Braves. Embraced the Thrashers when they came and Hockey quickly became my sport!

Closed Thread