HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Say the Habs finish 28th...

Old
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
and get the 3rd overall pick ( let's say there's no movement at the draft lottery. )

what would you be willing to trade to move up a spot? it seems Yakupov and Grigorenko are cemented at 1 and 2.

or would you prefer that the Habs stand pat and go for the BPA ( best player available )?
Absolutely nothing. To be totally honest, Russian players scare the crap out of me. If anything, if the Habs pick 1st or 2nd, I'd listen to offers to trade that pick for, let's say, 3rd-4th-5th...

Aside from Datsyuk, few Russians in recent years have been models of consistency to build your future around.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:54 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Absolutely nothing. To be totally honest, Russian players scare the crap out of me. If anything, if the Habs pick 1st or 2nd, I'd listen to offers to trade that pick for, let's say, 3rd-4th-5th...

Aside from Datsyuk, few Russians in recent years have been models of consistency to build your future around.
So we have two kids who have come over from Russia to play in Canada and because they are from Russia we assume they are ready to bolt when already they are here? Why are you scared simply because they are Russian? Thats not cool

anyways you choose the best player available regardless of where they are from ESPECIALLY if they are already playing in NA where they made the commitment from a young age...you don't pass players of their skill and talent simply because of nationality that is just a scary philosophy

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
According to their fans they need another forward, i think they need to realize they cant keep drafting star forwards and ignoring the real problem which is crap defense. Ryan murray would be the perfect fit Edmonton.
luckily, fans =/= GM

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Andy

Quote:

Malkin?
Ovechkin?

I'd be glad to built my team around those players. Hell I wouldn't mind building around Kovalchuk either. There are only 23 active Russians playing in the nhl, they can't all be Pavel Datsyuks.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
stay put, and if those 2 do end up going 1-2, then maybe even trade down a few spot if there is a team willing to throw some serious assets our way.

imo the talent in the draft class is somewhat "balanced" in the top 6-8... even with those 2, i don't know that any of the top 8 guys are that much more "sure things" than the rest.

in our case, the temptation of a yakupov/grigs is huge, but frankly, I'm just as happy walking away with one of the top talents in the class at any position (except in nets) and going forward from there.

if we can add a few extra assets in the process, great.

I know with that high a pick, it's gonna be BPA, and I agree to an extent, but let's just say I'd be happIER if we drafted a forward with size and 1st line ability.

Future on D doesn't look too bad, but it's really thin on the forwards front. And we've been longing for a real alpha forward for so long... (plus, as a purely selfish and short-sided note : forwards arrive to the NHL faster and don't we all need something to look forward to for next year after this horrid season

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
luckily, fans =/= GM
Hopefully tambellini agrees, becuase i would much rather have grigorenko/yakupov over Galchenyuk/Forsberg. It wouldn't be bad to draft galchenyuk or forsberg but grigorenko is the player we would benefit mostly from in this draft.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
WestIslander

We need at least two 1st round draft picks this year, one in the top 5 and one in the bottom 15 so we can land a big winger and big centre to compliment our future defensive core and the rest of the team.

I would look at Grigorenko and Gaunce, Grigorenko is going to be a superstar in the NHL sooner than later and Gaunce has the potential of being a 2nd line centre at 6'2" and over 180 pounds at only age 18.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Pierre Mcguire is that you?

For those that don't know, McGuire was mad when we picked McDonagh over Esposito.
I don't remember that. Can you show me a clip or an article that demonstrates that. I remember him pumping McDonagh. I could be wrong.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Grigorenko and Faksa would make my day.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

For those that don't know, McGuire was mad when we picked McDonagh over Esposito.
Definitely what we need as GM!

Even worse is he said we should have drafted Brule and Price was a bad pick.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:27 AM
MXD

Trade drown, draft Jacob Trouba.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

But he should be GM here!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Trade drown, draft Jacob Trouba.
If we draft another defenseman PG should be fired. Oh wait

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
We need at least two 1st round draft picks this year, one in the top 5 and one in the bottom 15 so we can land a big winger and big centre to compliment our future defensive core and the rest of the team.

I would look at Grigorenko and Gaunce, Grigorenko is going to be a superstar in the NHL sooner than later and Gaunce has the potential of being a 2nd line centre at 6'2" and over 180 pounds at only age 18.
I like Grigorenko, but if you are expecting a superstar you will be disapointed.

He will be a 20-30 goal 50-55 assist probable #1 center. Best case a Spezza or Getzlaf(minus physicality) type.

Yakupov is at best in the Parise or Hall style, better scorer(35-40 goals) and less of a playmaker(30-40 assists).

Old
02-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like Grigorenko, but if you are expecting a superstar you will be disapointed.

He will be a 20-30 goal 50-55 assist probable #1 center. Best case a Spezza or Getzlaf(minus physicality) type.

Yakupov is at best in the Parise or Hall style, better scorer(35-40 goals) and less of a playmaker(30-40 assists).
Yakupov= Kovalchuk

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:34 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
According to their fans they need another forward, i think they need to realize they cant keep drafting star forwards and ignoring the real problem which is crap defense. Ryan murray would be the perfect fit Edmonton.
And crap goalie...

If the habs don't finish 29th, I hope it's Edm who will finish there, because we could really trade up with them.

The only thing I'll say is if we draft a defenceman with our first pick, I'll go ape **** !!!

We select 3rd : draft either Grigo, Yakupov, Forsberg or Galchenyuk... if we are further down... trade down get some picks and draft for Faksa and cie...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Lacroix View Post
Yakupov= Kovalchuk
Not really.

Kovalchuk is huge(225lbs), Yakupov will be the size of Crosby(190-195lbs)

Kovalchuk has average speed, Yakupov has top flight speed.

Kovalchuk is moody and pretty selfish, Yakupov is more passionate and shows up pretty much every shift. Plus more gritty.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:46 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:

........ and when we picked price

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Beakermania*

Trade our UFAs at the deadline and acquire a **** load of extra picks.

Extra picks are what are typically used to trade up in the NHL... if such trade is even gonna happen.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Krnage

trade for Jordan Eberle

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Undertakerqc

I'd say we pick either Grigorenko or Faksa. We need to solve our long time problem of a big center.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
and get the 3rd overall pick ( let's say there's no movement at the draft lottery. )

what would you be willing to trade to move up a spot? it seems Yakupov and Grigorenko are cemented at 1 and 2.

or would you prefer that the Habs stand pat and go for the BPA ( best player available )?
Too early yet to tell...have to see what Galenchyuk can do down the stretch and in the playoffs. I would say no. But it is early

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Highly drafted Canadians like Dany Heatley, Patrick Marleau, Eric Lindros, Roberto Luongo, Jay Bouwmeester, Rick Nash, Cam Barker, and Benoit Pouliot, are models of consistency and are the type of prime time playoff warriors this team needs.

Judging a player based on where he was born is idiotic.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:01 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Definitely what we need as GM!

Even worse is he said we should have drafted Brule and Price was a bad pick.
BS. Man, do you guys make this crap up or do you have serious hearing problems? He never said to pick up Brule. Bob Mackenzie mentioned Brule and Kpoitar as still on the table. Pierre said Price did not fit organizational needs: defense or big centerman. And he was right. He also pumped Carey's tires (to use Loungo's expression). He never berated Price. He acutally complimented him a lot. He just said the Hab's needs were in other directions. And he was right. It took 4 more drafts to get d-men into our system and we still don't have our big center man.

But I guess haters will hate no matter what the proof.

Here's the clip that proves it.

http://youtu.be/WLNOtoJ8vb0

Last edited by onice: 02-03-2012 at 08:10 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:02 AM
PricePkPatch

We could always swap Eller+ for a first or a early 2nd if we are 29th. A top-3 draft pick would make sure we get a strong centre to replace him on the 3rd line, and we'd have more wiggle room to draft another forward.

The pipeline we currently have isn't bad, just asymmetric.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote