HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're 26th right now in the NHL!

Old
02-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
With the luck that the Habs have had, they'll end up drafting a dud with a top pick.
Like Price?

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
How do you guys like this? How do you want this guy on your team? He's like every other forward that comes out of russia. A cocky piece of **** who has done absolutely nothing and eventually will plumet in a league he can't understand how to play in. They suck. They've always sucked!!! Draft a ****ing canadian ****!

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Did I say 5 games? Yeah count me in the bandwagon now.

12 pts back is too much. Fk it, just tank all the way down.
someone needs to make a thread where only 12 pts back

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
How do you guys like this? How do you want this guy on your team? He's like every other forward that comes out of russia. A cocky piece of **** who has done absolutely nothing and eventually will plumet in a league he can't understand how to play in. They suck. They've always sucked!!! Draft a ****ing canadian ****!
will take MG

Old
02-02-2012, 09:59 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Like Price?
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...
It is sarcasm. I love Price. We have drafted many great first round picks lately, I'm confident.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:03 PM
dm1371

Man I wish we could just skip all this **** to the draft...

dm1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1371 View Post
Man I wish we could just skip all this **** to the draft...
the draft lottery is just a few months away ....

Old
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Done absolutely nothing? So beating Canada and going to the finals of WJC counts as nothing?

Draft a ****ing Canadian? You know you sound just as bad as those who push to draft only French players?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If Edmonton holds out, we're two points back of Grigorenko.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Yeah, who needs another Malkin, Ovechkin or Pavel Datsyuk?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:06 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Welcome to the Habs board Don Cherry!

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Your memory of dozens of excellent NHL players who came out of Russia must have been obliterated by something you're imbibing or injecting.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Your memory of dozens of excellent NHL players who came out of Russia must have been obliterated by something you're imbibing or injecting.
10 of the top 20 point leaders in the NHL are Canadian.

Teams with Canadian captains have won about 97% of all Cups.

Don't sell Canada short, I think the Habs could do extremely well drafting a Canadian. Players like Ryan Murray, Griffin Reinhart, Mathew Dumba, Brendan Gaunce. They would be great assets to the Habs organization.

Beendair Donedat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post

Don't sell Canada short, I think the Habs could do extremely well drafting a Canadian. Players like Ryan Murray, Griffin Reinhart, Mathew Dumba, Brendan Gaunce. They would be great assets to the Habs organization.
Is brendan Gaunce ever gonna be a great player ? Is he even ever gonna hit NHL ?

Grigorenko and Yakupov will atleast make the NHL.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Is brendan Gaunce ever gonna be a great player ? Is he even ever gonna hit NHL ?

Grigorenko and Yakupov will atleast make the NHL.
Little early to say anything about any of them isn't it?

The other two could be Pat Falloon 2.0 yet, who knows?

Also why pick one guy? What about the other Players listed?

Beendair Donedat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:17 AM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Chicago was 3rd worse in 2007 and still won the lottery and picked Kane. You never know, finish bottom 5 and you got a shot!
I agree.

Alex Galchenyuk! Alex Galchenyuk! Alex Galchenyuk!

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:19 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

About time some people wake up and realize this core of player sucks.Been saying this like a broken record since Gainey signed them all.

It's trime to tank and get rid of every player that could help a team for a cup run.If possible we should also tank for next year since there's no way we're gonna bounce back enough to win a cup , might as well pick up a franchise forward and franchise D in the process.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:39 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:

You do know these are meaningless statistics right?

While 10 of the top 20 point leaders are canadian, but almost exactly half of NHL players are canadian.

An overwhelming percentage of captains were canadian in NHL history in good part because there were very little Euro or even American players before the 80ies. Since then Canadians and Americans usually get chosen in good part because of language and because half the players are North American so they represent the team as a whole better. Still amazing European captains have been in the league in the (relatively) short time they have been in the league. Koivu, Alfredsson, Lidstrom...

If you don't believe this and instead think anyone that is not canadian are by nature not good leaders, soft, selfish or any other silly stereotype people in hockey sometimes have then I pity you, and have nothing more to say. Same with that 24stanleycups guy who basically judged an entire people with a 3 line post.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
About time some people wake up and realize this core of player sucks.Been saying this like a broken record since Gainey signed them all.

It's trime to tank and get rid of every player that could help a team for a cup run.If possible we should also tank for next year since there's no way we're gonna bounce back enough to win a cup , might as well pick up a franchise forward and franchise D in the process.
Bruins fan, i come in peace

Yep. Right now, your team is going nowhere and your 3rd period collapses are the exact same thing as what happened with Boston under Dave Lewis ( Talk about a train wreck ); your team is playing without any kind of confidence and it showed. I think, as a fan, you deserve better and i just don't understand why your ownership " delay " the fire sale since the fans are ready to " waste " 2-3 years in order to rebuild and be competitive again. There's a lot of work to do and it's gonna be interesting to see if Molson will have the ***** to eat Gomez's salary and bury him in the minors. The guy bring nothing to the table and he's taking a precious spot on the roster; a spot who can be use to develop and give a young player NHL experience.

The thing that i'm not sure to understand is why Gauthier still have his job. The guy is the architect of the present disaster so i'm not sure how Molson can trust him to " rebuild " his team. I think the fans are ready to give the team some leeway but i don't think they are ready to give a blank check to Molson either. The Bruins s***** until they got a " real " GM who made the moves to make the team better. I fully understand that there's a lot of people who like Timmins but this guy need to go. Granted, the draft is a crap shoot but.... you guys need to be better and draft/develop player who will play in your top 6. As today, the Bruins have 4 drafted/developed in their top 6 ( Bergeron,Marchand,Lucic,Krecji ). I excluded Seguin because the draft pick was acquired in the Kessel trade and because his selection was a " no brainer ".

All in all, i think it's time to rebuild and make the moves you have to make in order to be a SC contender in 3-4 years. It might not be fun to see your team lose on a daily base but i can tell you, first hand, that the reward is great. I still remember how painful the Bruins were to watch a few years ago but now, they are a pleasure watch. I wish you the very same thing, my friend.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I really hope the Habs don't get a player like Evgeni Malkin, Pavel Datsyuk, Pavel Bure, Sergei Fedorov, Alex Ovechkin, Igor Larionov, Slava Kozlov, Alex Mogilny, or one of those guys. Every forward that comes out of Russia is a guy who will plumet (SP) in a league he can't understand how to play in. They suck and will always suck.

I'd rather we go out and draft a good Canadian like Terry Ryan, Jason Ward, David Wilkie, Brett Bilodeau, Lindsay Vallis, Cory Urquhart, Kyle Chipchura, Eric Chouinard or Matt Higgins. These are NHL stars!

Quote:
Considering ~50% of the league is Canadian, that sounds about right.

Quote:
Considering 97% of captains in NHL history have been Canadian. That sounds about right.

Quote:
Nobody is selling Canada short.

Canada produces more hockey players than any other country.

Canada's hockey players are outstanding.

However that doesn't mean that in a given draft year, the best player available might not be from another country.

Canada might produce more talent, but they are not the exclusive producer of talent.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-03-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: merge
Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Bruins fan, i come in peace

Yep. Right now, your team is going nowhere and your 3rd period collapses are the exact same thing as what happened with Boston under Dave Lewis ( Talk about a train wreck ); your team is playing without any kind of confidence and it showed. I think, as a fan, you deserve better and i just don't understand why your ownership " delay " the fire sale since the fans are ready to " waste " 2-3 years in order to rebuild and be competitive again. There's a lot of work to do and it's gonna be interesting to see if Molson will have the ***** to eat Gomez's salary and bury him in the minors. The guy bring nothing to the table and he's taking a precious spot on the roster; a spot who can be use to develop and give a young player NHL experience.

The thing that i'm not sure to understand is why Gauthier still have his job. The guy is the architect of the present disaster so i'm not sure how Molson can trust him to " rebuild " his team. I think the fans are ready to give the team some leeway but i don't think they are ready to give a blank check to Molson either. The Bruins s***** until they got a " real " GM who made the moves to make the team better. I fully understand that there's a lot of people who like Timmins but this guy need to go. Granted, the draft is a crap shoot but.... you guys need to be better and draft/develop player who will play in your top 6. As today, the Bruins have 4 drafted/developed in their top 6 ( Bergeron,Marchand,Lucic,Krecji ). I excluded Seguin because the draft pick was acquired in the Kessel trade and because his selection was a " no brainer ".

All in all, i think it's time to rebuild and make the moves you have to make in order to be a SC contender in 3-4 years. It might not be fun to see your team lose on a daily base but i can tell you, first hand, that the reward is great. I still remember how painful the Bruins were to watch a few years ago but now, they are a pleasure watch. I wish you the very same thing, my friend.
Pierre Gauthier has done some good trades and some bad. Bad trades hurt more. I think that him and Cunneyworth are out at the end of the season

The habs arent as bad as they are standing
16th in GF
15th in GA

they stand 26th right now.

Drafting a high pick (grigorenko/Forsberg) + drowning Gomez to sign big UFA (Parise (wet dream)) and healthy team. The team is a playoff team

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote