HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Boyes has to stay!

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 50
If we can get a good second rounder and Kassian or somebody else pushes for a roster spot you trade him. But just trading him for the sake of trading would be stupid.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:26 AM
fightclubber25

vCash: 500
people are gona feel really silly with all this boyes off the books talk if he puts up 70 points next season. sorta how people felt silly when stafford hit 30 goals. just.. wait before you go writing players off - this could be a real turnaround/coming out season for a lot of guys on this team. fresh start with a new attitude and a vastly different looking eastern conference. who knows what can happen?

Last edited by fightclubber25: 07-04-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old
07-04-2011, 07:22 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
I've got no problem with Boyes. What I have a problem with is the potential top 9 forwards of:

Vanek-Roy-Stafford
Ennis-Leino-Pomniville
Gerbe-Hecht-Boyes

Lot's of depth and skill. Almost no grit though. And two converted wingers playing center.

I'd much rather see:

Vanek-Roy-Kassian
Ennis-Leino-Stafford
Hecht-Center-Pomniville

That'd give us some bite in the top 6 as well as a body guard of sorts for Vanek and Roy. Kassian brings to the table something we haven't had in a while. A big guy with a screw loose who can play regular minutes. Boyes is what he is. But he doesn't bring anything to the table we don't already have in Stafford and Pomniville.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:24 AM
CrankyJay

Boyes is going to have to keep crashing the net and not be afraid to play in front of the crease. He thinks of himself as a perimeter player but that didn't seem to work out for him too well.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:25 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I've got no problem with Boyes. What I have a problem with is the potential top 9 forwards of:

Vanek-Roy-Stafford
Ennis-Leino-Pomniville
Gerbe-Hecht-Boyes

Lot's of depth and skill. Almost no grit though. And two converted wingers playing center.

I'd much rather see:

Vanek-Roy-Kassian
Ennis-Leino-Stafford
Hecht-Center-Pomniville

That'd give us some bite in the top 6 as well as a body guard of sorts for Vanek and Roy. Kassian brings to the table something we haven't had in a while. A big guy with a screw loose who can play regular minutes. Boyes is what he is. But he doesn't bring anything to the table we don't already have in Stafford and Pomniville.
Not sure, but maybe Jason Arnott could fit in there ?? I havent seen much of him over the past few seasons though.. I don't hear great things about his skating though ..

Old
07-04-2011, 07:35 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Not sure, but maybe Jason Arnott could fit in there ?? I havent seen much of him over the past few seasons though.. I don't hear great things about his skating though ..
It really depends on his skating. He was blazing back in his hay day. And would he take a 1 year deal? He is in the 35+ UFA range, so anything more than a year, I am not interested.

Old
07-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post

Vanek-Roy-Stafford
Ennis-Leino-Pomniville
Gerbe-Hecht-Boyes

I'd much rather see:

Vanek-Roy-Kassian
Ennis-Leino-Stafford
Hecht-Center-Pomniville

I agree, except I think Kassian could use at least a year of seasoning in Rochester before stepping into top 6 minutes in Buffalo. We have no idea at the moment what he's capable of outside of Juniors.

With Boyes having one year left on the books, I think Kassian and Adam could both find their ways up here next year (saving us a lot of money in the process as they will probably replace Boyes and Hecht)... Adam possibly even making the team this upcoming year depending on his development.

Old
07-04-2011, 09:40 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
I agree, except I think Kassian could use at least a year of seasoning in Rochester before stepping into top 6 minutes in Buffalo. We have no idea at the moment what he's capable of outside of Juniors.

With Boyes having one year left on the books, I think Kassian and Adam could both find their ways up here next year (saving us a lot of money in the process as they will probably replace Boyes and Hecht)... Adam possibly even making the team this upcoming year depending on his development.
I would disagree. We don't need Kassian to score a lot of goals for us, we don't need him to kill penalties. We need him to, be blunt, hit people, punch people, and not be a liability. If we had that role filled in at the NHL level, I'd be fine with letting him sit in Rochester for a year. However, we just don't have that role filled, especially in our top 6.

Old
02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Remember being this optomistic...

Old
02-03-2012, 09:12 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Remember being this optomistic...
FWIW, I think Hecht and Boyes playing together would work well, as long as neither are in the middle.

Old
02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Clock

A necrobump, Jame? Be the other guy.

Feel free to start another thread up, but the title on this is a little misleading at this point.

Closed Thread