HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What we learned from the VAN game

Old
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
If you think SOD is worthless, go back and watch tape of Boynton/Cullimore again. I would have killed to have SOD last year.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 500
Hey guys, just doing a little research. Did anyone from the Hawks receive an injury their last game?

Edit: Oops, meant to post this in the Sharp Injury Thread. My bad.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
More than a moral victory to escape with a point after giving up the first goal in Vancouver.
There are no moral victories when everyone else in your division, save Columbus, is winning game after game after game. It's going to be difficult for us to climb to the top of the division if we don't start winning big games, and the ones within our division.

The HUGE problem is, that NSH, STL, and DET will play many games against one another the rest of the way out with at least one team in each tilt getting 2 points, assuming a third point isn't earned by the loser. Makes it real tough to gain ground when everyone's constantly putting points up in the standings.

I love this team, and I know they can get it done...but something is just...missing.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
There are no moral victories when everyone else in your division, save Columbus, is winning game after game after game. It's going to be difficult for us to climb to the top of the division if we don't start winning big games, and the ones within our division.

The HUGE problem is, that NSH, STL, and DET will play many games against one another the rest of the way out with at least one team in each tilt getting 2 points, assuming a third point isn't earned by the loser. Makes it real tough to gain ground when everyone's constantly putting points up in the standings.

I love this team, and I know they can get it done...but something is just...missing.
Want to climb in the division...beat those teams. 9 of the remaining 31 games are against those teams. Want to win the division? There it is for you.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'm more concerned about the Hawks performance in the games. I could see us going 7-2 in the division and slightly over .500 in the rest.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:55 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I don't even know what this is..

"A timely save on Sedin in OT would have been nice".. Oh, you mean the like the should-have-been-a-game-saver going post-to-post save he made, absolutely robbing Henrik a minute earlier.. IN OT? A timely goal would have been nice for Crawford, not the other way around.

In one thought you're critizing Keith for a couple giveaways under pressure, then defending Stalberg for trying to cut through a couple Vancouver players. Again, what the ****? Both players had very good games, one player's turnover directly resulted in a goal.. and you give that player a pass? Ha, no.

Also, Kruger never gets "dominated" physically, and was most certainly not in the Van game.
Take off the rose coloured glasses. Keith cannot be carelessly giving the puck to the opps 10 feet from our goal, and twice in a matter of seconds. And when he does and I hear folks here say he played a great game, I dispute that.

I know you and a few others always see a different Kruger than the rest of us, and that is what really your post is all about. CC played a good game, but any goalie will tell you that his biggest rival in any game is the opposition goalie. Schneider was the better of the two on this night. Surely, you're not disputing that ... and if you didn't see that VS was a one man wrecking crew the entire night, oh well.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Take off the rose coloured glasses. Keith cannot be carelessly giving the puck to the opps 10 feet from our goal, and twice in a matter of seconds. And when he does and I hear folks here say he played a great game, I dispute that.

I know you and a few others always see a different Kruger than the rest of us, and that is what really your post is all about. CC played a good game, but any goalie will tell you that his biggest rival in any game is the opposition goalie. Schneider was the better of the two on this night. Surely, you're not disputing that ... and if you didn't see that VS was a one man wrecking crew the entire night, oh well.
Agreed with pretty much everything...

...except I think you're being ridiculous with Crawford. It's unbelievable how some of you never want to give him credit. It's just one game - at least admit he gave the team every bit of a chance to win and held them within one in a first period where they got outplayed terribly.

On that note, I think the game in Vancouver marks the turnaround for Crawford that I've been saying would happen since the beginning of the all star break. Give it 10 more games and we'll know if I was right.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:10 PM
coastal_nuck

I don't know how anyone could think the Hawks are a bad team. Always entertaining for us when we play you guys. We only won that night because of Schneider really. If it weren't for him, I think we very well could have lost it in a very lopsided game. Fast team that is good on the transition and you have a number of elite players. I think we'd be fooling ourselves if we don't consider the Hawks a contender this year.

coastal_nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Take off the rose coloured glasses. Keith cannot be carelessly giving the puck to the opps 10 feet from our goal, and twice in a matter of seconds.
Norris trophy winners give the puck up, make mistakes, and still play great every game.

Keith made a couple mistakes, one at a crucial time, you act like that never happened in the cup year. Keith made A TON of a good plays last game and was far from the reason we lost.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

Keith makes far more good plays than bad, and when you're forced to play near 30 minutes, you're going to make some mistakes. You can't **** on Keith for turning a puck over, then defend Stalberg for doing the same when it directly results in a goal.

And I don't see a "different Kruger". He doesn't get physically dominated, period. We clearly have different views of what "physically dominated" is.. because more than holding your own, routinely winning loose puck battles against bigger guys is not how I'd describe someone who gets "physically dominated".

I'm not disputing anything, Schneider faced more rubber and made more key saves, but don't post ******** like "A save on Sedin in OT would have been nice", when a minute before, in OT, he absolutely robbed Henrik of a goal with the team on their heels. Crawford was very good.. they scored on a breakaway and a deflection before the OT winner. You can't blame the goaltender on either goal.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Not Now John
Wheelhouse keeper

vCash: 1028
If anybody here is willing to admit that Schneider is WAY underrated, join the club. If Luongo's salary wasn't the size of the Sea Wall, then they'd certainly ship him out instead. But his monster cap hit is too much for teams to take on, so if anybody is sent packing it's going to be Schneids. He has value, I'll give you that much.

Not Now John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
I counted three times in one sequence (the same?) where he gave it away. On the other hand he has been playing some good hockey too, but he really has to work on managing the puck better. One issue is he almost always tries to make a play, but when there is no play there and you force it you often turn it over. If he were bigger (like Seabrook) he could just keep the puck along the boards and absorb the hits, but he's not built for that. And at 28 minutes a game or whatever he's averaging he gets worn down. We need a REAL #4 and if we ever get one, I bet both 4 and 8 start to make a lot fewer mistakes just from the reduced burden on them.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post
I counted three times in one sequence (the same?) where he gave it away. On the other hand he has been playing some good hockey too, but he really has to work on managing the puck better. One issue is he almost always tries to make a play, but when there is no play there and you force it you often turn it over. If he were bigger (like Seabrook) he could just keep the puck along the boards and absorb the hits, but he's not built for that. And at 28 minutes a game or whatever he's averaging he gets worn down. We need a REAL #4 and if we ever get one, I bet both 4 and 8 start to make a lot fewer mistakes just from the reduced burden on them.
I agree. In actuality, Keith played over 30 minutes. That has to be a factor in those giveaways.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Norris trophy winners give the puck up, make mistakes, and still play great every game.

Keith made a couple mistakes, one at a crucial time, you act like that never happened in the cup year. Keith made A TON of a good plays last game and was far from the reason we lost.
Errant passes occur too often. Not as much lately but I must question the relationship between them and the ice time Keith logs. At least I hope that is the case because it is obvious to me that these are mental errors that need to be rectified sooner, rather than later. Keith has great abilities, but even elite athletes, can't play 30 minutes in an NHL game and not expect some lapses in judgement. And that is exactly what this appears to be.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
madgoat33

if anyone on the hawks ever elevated the puck we would have won 10-2.

It was just great oppo into shot right into schneider's pads. every.single.time.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

Krüger was really physically outplayed on this 1st Mayers goal against the Oilers

about Keith, just look at his ice time and how many times he has the puck. Every time he is on the ice he is the guy that starts everything. He will make a mistake but if you come up with the percentage of things done without a mistake compared to ended with mistake, Keith is not a problem

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:56 PM
BobbleHeadNight*

Look like the Hawks learned nothing.

BobbleHeadNight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
BronYrAur

Quote: