Notices

Mid-Season Report Card

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Fravashis

vCash: 500
Mid-Season Report Card

I saw this on the ducks thread, and ill do it here.

A - Greatly Exceeds Expectations
B- Exceeds Expectations
C- Meets Expectations
D- Falls Below Expectations
E- Falls Greatly Below Expectations
Incomplete- Hasnt played enough to warrant a rating

Forwards

Hossa - B, he's carrying the team more than I thought he would ... but it not doing much better than I thought he would.

Kovy - B same thing as hossa, while he may be playing great, its no more than we expect

Holik - D, he really hasnt impressed me at all, i know he plays well defensively and is a good face off guy, but he just has to put up more points

Bondra - Incomplete, started off well, but has been injured to long to make an accurate rating.

Petrovicky - C, I'll give him a C because he has had some really good games, but also some real stinkers

Vigier - Incomplete, he has been injured for a good part of the first half of the season

Slater - A, this kid has really impressed me, and has played very well since being called up.

Stefan - E, he hasnt found his rhythm yet this year, he does play welld defensively ... but if he wants to be this teams's #2 center, he has to score more.

Savard - A, I think this year is Savard's coming out party, he has always had the skills, but this year he is in the right environment and has been healthy.

Larsen - B, I wasnt expecting much out of him, so he has been a pleasant surprise.

Kozlov - C, he does what he always does, quietly put up a good number of points.

Aubin - C, havent seen alot of him this year, good or bad, so i'll give him a C

Mellanby - D, I'm sorry if this guy is our captain, he has to step it up. He has been playing better as of late, so maybe he's coming around.

Boulton - B, this guy has done what we brought him here to do, and he has chipped in a small bit of offense as well.

Defense:

Sutton - C, he could be better 5 on 5, but has been good on the PP

De Vries - A, he was more or less a throw in for the Heatley deal, and has become the leader of our blueline. He has impressed me alot.

Modry - D, he is good on the PP, but kills us everywhere else ... desperately needs to get his defensive game in check.

Havelid - C, has been steady all year and has done what I expected out of him.

Exelby - A, this guy is the future of our blueline, I dont care about Coburn. He has really come into his own this year becoming a bruising physical presence. Coburn may be the face of our future blueline, Exelby is the heart.

Hnidy - C, havent heard alot about him, but have seen his name on the scoresheet a few times ... I think hes just starting to come on now after his shoulder injury.

Goaltending

Garnett -A++, this guy is the only reason we are still in the playoff hunt, he is the team's MVP so far this year, no one expected anything from him and he has given us the world.

Lehtonen- Incomplete

Dunham - Incomplete

Shields - Incomplete

Berkhoel - B, coming from nowhere, and probably going back there forever, he played as well as anyone could have hoped.

*Note: A c is not a bad mark, it means they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Now, what do you guys think?

Old
01-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan27fan
I saw this on the ducks thread, and ill do it here.

A - Greatly Exceeds Expectations
B- Exceeds Expectations
C- Meets Expectations
D- Falls Below Expectations
E- Falls Greatly Below Expectations
Incomplete- Hasnt played enough to warrant a rating

Forwards

Hossa - B, he's carrying the team more than I thought he would ... but it not doing much better than I thought he would.

Kovy - B same thing as hossa, while he may be playing great, its no more than we expect

Holik - D, he really hasnt impressed me at all, i know he plays well defensively and is a good face off guy, but he just has to put up more points

Bondra - Incomplete, started off well, but has been injured to long to make an accurate rating.

Petrovicky - C, I'll give him a C because he has had some really good games, but also some real stinkers

Vigier - Incomplete, he has been injured for a good part of the first half of the season

Slater - A, this kid has really impressed me, and has played very well since being called up.

Stefan - E, he hasnt found his rhythm yet this year, he does play welld defensively ... but if he wants to be this teams's #2 center, he has to score more.

Savard - A, I think this year is Savard's coming out party, he has always had the skills, but this year he is in the right environment and has been healthy.

Larsen - B, I wasnt expecting much out of him, so he has been a pleasant surprise.

Kozlov - C, he does what he always does, quietly put up a good number of points.

Aubin - C, havent seen alot of him this year, good or bad, so i'll give him a C

Mellanby - D, I'm sorry if this guy is our captain, he has to step it up. He has been playing better as of late, so maybe he's coming around.

Boulton - B, this guy has done what we brought him here to do, and he has chipped in a small bit of offense as well.

Defense:

Sutton - C, he could be better 5 on 5, but has been good on the PP

De Vries - A, he was more or less a throw in for the Heatley deal, and has become the leader of our blueline. He has impressed me alot.

Modry - D, he is good on the PP, but kills us everywhere else ... desperately needs to get his defensive game in check.

Havelid - C, has been steady all year and has done what I expected out of him.

Exelby - A, this guy is the future of our blueline, I dont care about Coburn. He has really come into his own this year becoming a bruising physical presence. Coburn may be the face of our future blueline, Exelby is the heart.

Hnidy - C, havent heard alot about him, but have seen his name on the scoresheet a few times ... I think hes just starting to come on now after his shoulder injury.

Goaltending

Garnett -A++, this guy is the only reason we are still in the playoff hunt, he is the team's MVP so far this year, no one expected anything from him and he has given us the world.

Lehtonen- Incomplete

Dunham - Incomplete

Shields - Incomplete

Berkhoel - B, coming from nowhere, and probably going back there forever, he played as well as anyone could have hoped.

*Note: A c is not a bad mark, it means they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Now, what do you guys think?
Agree on everything. If not for Garnett, we are out of the playoff picture long time ago! Deserve Mid-Tern MVP. The rest fall upon Lehtonen shoulder now.

Old
01-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Shameus

Agree on most of them, but would like to change a few.

Petro I'll give a B to just because of what he brings to the Kovy-Savard line. He is the forechecking and physical presence on that line and in my opinion Kovy and Savard really took off when the three of them were put together. Petro is the heart of that line, I mean he never missed a shift after that Richards hit and that impressed me and I am sure made an impression on his teammates.

Kozlov has had the quietist 40pts in the league if you ask me. I want to give him a D because he has just disappeared at times this year, but because of the point total I'll stick with the C.

de Vries I'll give a B to, he has been better than what I thought he would be, but still do not think he has been that much better than what I thought.

Modry I'll give an E, really don't think his play of late is enough, and he is still getting minus' during this recent run and is still a liability on the PP to me.

Havelid I have to give a B to. I think this is the only place I will really disagree with you because I think that Havelid is the backbone and leader of the blueline and not de Vries.

Berkhoel I'll give a C to, he played well at times, but other times, say the Bolts player scoring from the Blueline, has really shown how much more time he needs in the minors.

You know I am an X ( ) fan and I think you are right on with those thoughts.
And did anyone else think that Marc Savard would be 3rd in the NHL in points this far into the season. Show of hands now, cause I know I didn't.

Old
01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
kracker1

I realize your scoring system is based on expectations, not production, even so I rate DeVries a bit less & Havelid higher, Modry a bit higher based on the play after being paired w/ Hnidy. Petro, Kozlov should be higher, IMO (did you see the numbers the now-traded Sykora is putting up for $3.1M?).

The big missing piece on your list is coaching. Maybe the biggest piece on the team. I really don't know on Hartley. Line combinations are so much a part of success, the coach has to be consistently right throughout the year. The team has played better ever since the defensive pairings were changed, that's Hartley's call, why didn't he do it sooner? With the new rules enforcement affecting a given player's on-ice play vs expectations, I guess coaches have to get some slack while things settled out & they could see who can now do what best. So I give Hartley a 'C' but the team needs better from the bench. Example: The Thrash haven't played well following any 3 or 4 days off stretches. They come out sluggish. Part of that has to be a coaching failure of team preparation & attitude. With the Thrasher's pace of games slowing now, this will continue to be critical.

Last edited by kracker1: 01-09-2006 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread