HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Toronto sports media talk (the FAN continues its changes)

Old
12-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Crimson King

vCash: 500
I can't stand Greg Brady and his constant Detroit hardon.

Crimson King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 05:55 AM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
Hopefully, now that the fan will start to broadcast Leaf games (next year) they will talk more leaf hockey. I have slowly weaned myself off the Fan and listen a lot more to TSN radio. They have great hockey analysis, especially before and after a Leaf game where there is complete coverage. I also listen to Gordon Stellick on HNIC radio on Sirius 157 in the afternoons.
TSN radio will be broadcasting Leafs games next year...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1050991

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Yosho
Logic

I'm really enjoying Tim and Sid.

I haven't laughed this much at a talk/sports radio station in quite some time. I think this show is exactly what the city needed.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherSide View Post
Bryan Hayes is the best. That is all
No, hes not. I sometimes get confused if Hayes show is about sports or (un)interesting Tweets he read. Seriously, he talks about Twitter more then any single sport, including hockey.

And he tries to take the McCown approach about being negative about the Leafs, but it doesnt work with him. He argues every decision about this team, even if the day before he argued the exact opposite point. Its like he forgot what he said yesterday. Its rather like reading a lot of posts in the PGT here, actually. The funniest parts are when he tries to argue with Ray Ferraro. Ferraro owns him each and every time. He looks like a fool. Ferraro, a HOCKEY analyst, even made him look foolish when discussing baseball.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Tapcondition

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
And I disagree NFL is popular in Canada compared to NHL hockey. Look no further then the Bills games in TO that didnt do nearly as well as many thought they would. About the only thing that matters to anyone is Super Bowl, and thats only for the spectacle and the parties.
To be completely fair, we're talking about the Bills here.

Tapcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

This morning Sammut is showing exactly why I dislike him. Hes basing his whole show around the idea that if the Leafs lose tonight, they are unable to make a trade because of BURKE'S trade freeze. Hes conviently leaving out how no one else in the league can make a trade either. I would be fine with him having a discussion about how Burke's freeze is early, but hes purposely misleading the audience into thinking that currently the Leafs are the only team which cannot make a trade.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:04 AM
the squared circle

Blasted, Sammut probably doesn't even know better, and isn't doing it intentionally. Doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

the squared circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:32 AM
81Leafs50

the only radio station worth listening to is TSN1050. Its not the best, but its the best of all the options we have in toronto.

They entertain and do Leafs breakfast at 8, Leafs at 6 with Dreger.

they are funny most of the time.

81Leafs50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the squared circle View Post
Blasted, Sammut probably doesn't even know better, and isn't doing it intentionally. Doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.
That's the main problem with the sports media in this city, they get facts wrong all the time.

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
the only radio station worth listening to is TSN1050. Its not the best, but its the best of all the options we have in toronto.

I cant fathom how somebody can live in Toronto, be subjected to our endless media barrage of Maple Leaf talk, and think to themselves, "I need more Leaf talk".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
I'm really enjoying Tim and Sid.

I haven't laughed this much at a talk/sports radio station in quite some time. I think this show is exactly what the city needed.
Tim and Sid are great. I know humor is totally subjective, but the people who hate them and their "sophmoric" humour need to get over themselves.

Sports are supposed to be fun. This stuff is not serious.

I was a big Tim and Sid: Uncut listener and the new show has definitely grown on me. They started off poorly (interviewing Dion Phanuef?! Come on!) but they have really started to hit their stride.

With three hours of Tim and Sid, two hours of Bob McCown, and two hours of Tony Kornheiser on a daily basis I am starting to develop a serious backlog of un-linstened to podcasts.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Dio666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
I cant fathom how somebody can live in Toronto, be subjected to our endless media barrage of Maple Leaf talk, and think to themselves, "I need more Leaf talk".

Tim and Sid are great. I know humor is totally subjective, but the people who hate them and their "sophmoric" humour need to get over themselves.

I was a big Tim and Sid: Uncut listener and the new show has definitely grown on me. They started off poorly (interviewing Dion Phanuef?! Come on!) but they have really started to hit their stride.

With three hours of Tim and Sid, two hours of Bob McCown, and two hours of Tony Kornheiser on a daily basis I am starting to develop a serious backlog of un-linstened to podcasts.
Who are you? Sens fan or a Montreal Comedians fan?

BTW YES to more Leaf talk!

Dio666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio666 View Post
Who are you? Sens fan or a Montreal Comedians fan?

BTW YES to more Leaf talk!
I am a Leaf fan. Born and bred.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Dio666

Quote:
I am a Leaf fan. Born and bred.
My bad then. I apologize. Nothing worse than being called a Habs or Sens fan.

Dio666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post

listening to dreger is torture.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Just adding my two sense. Love BlueLunch with Mclennan and Hayes on TSN1050. Finally guys that love discussing hockey rather then politics.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio666 View Post
My bad then. I apologize. Nothing worse than being called a Habs or Sens fan.
this is the worst thing u can possibly call someone

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
departures89

Quote:

Tim and Sid are the best. Did you hear there impression of Alex Ovechkin missing the All Star game? It was priceless.

departures89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by departures89 View Post
Tim and Sid are the best. Did you hear there impression of Alex Ovechkin missing the All Star game? It was priceless.
Havent heard it yet.

I did love when they were playing audio clips from Super Bowl Media Day and just laughing about how inane and pointless everything the players said was.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Leafsman

I really enjoy Blue Lunch.

I love it when the do the Lewis Black bits. I was bursting out laughing the other morning when they were talking about climbing in the standings is harder than climbing rita mcneil covered in crisco!!

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM
somecut*

Does anyone know if Anthony Totera was let go? I think ive said it here before, but I really cannot stand that dude. No original thought, just asks stupid questions, like 'Are you happy to be a Leaf fan?" then repeats that stupid question like 42243242x, then takes calls on that same question for an hour. As a listener, why do i care about others being happy to be a Leaf fan??? If it were Are you happy about the latest trade, or the last line combos or something, but its always just generic garbage.

ok that was my rant. I like Sammut and Rob Wong, and to a lesser extent Norman on SN Latenight.

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Really liking Tim and Sid...I appreciate their pop culture references tenfold over Brady's.

Heard Shannon on the air the other day. What a pompous douchenozzle.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Ash35

Tim and Sid annoy the **** of of me. They just try so hard at pretending they were the cool kids in 1991. They aren't fooling anyone.

Ash35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash35 View Post
Tim and Sid annoy the **** of of me. They just try so hard at pretending they were the cool kids in 1991. They aren't fooling anyone.

I have never got the impression they were trying to sound like "they were the cool kids in 1991".

I just get the impression that they were around in 1991. And if you werent around then as well, alot of the jokes are probably going right over your head.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash35 View Post
If anything, they're poking fun at the "cool-kid" attitude.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Ash35

Quote:

I have never got the impression they were trying to sound like "they were the cool kids in 1991".

I just get the impression that they were around in 1991. And if you werent around then as well, alot of the jokes are probably going right over your head.
Oh I was around in 1991 and I remember those kids when I was in school. Wearing Magic Johnson tank tops, Air Jordan's and their sissy hair fade's. I hated them.

Last edited by Ash35: 02-03-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Ash35 is offline   Reply With Quote