HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
  #76
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
Who were your sources that said that Gomez was suffering from Depression?

If that's the case, I'd like to take some responsibility.

Gomez, I'd like to formally apologize for the pain I may have brought on you. I'd like to take back all my jokes and comments of the last few years. I do not really believe you'd be better at waiting tables, washing dishes or cutting grass for a living. You were born to be a hockey player, and you are doing what God wanted you to.

Tomorrow is a new day SG. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

ps: Happy 1 year anniversary you ****ing *****

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
  #77
EmelinHipCheck
Registered User
 
EmelinHipCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Who were your sources that said that Gomez was suffering from Depression?

If that's the case, I'd like to take some responsibility.

Gomez, I'd like to formally apologize for the pain I may have brought on you. I'd like to take back all my jokes and comments of the last few years. I do not really believe you'd be better at waiting tables, washing dishes or cutting grass for a living. You were born to be a hockey player, and you are doing what God wanted you to.

Tomorrow is a new day SG. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

ps: Happy 1 year anniversary you ****ing *****
I mentioned in the OP that this is NOT a bashing thread, act accordingly.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
  #78
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,062
vCash: 500
Theo Fleury has always been a great player and never stopped producing. He battled off ice problems, not production.
Gomez can't produce squat right now. This is probably Gomez's last NHL season. I don't think any team will want him, even at the league's minimum.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
  #79
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
If you guys follow baseball, you probably heard of Rick Ankiel, former pitcher for the St.Louis Cardinals. The guy was having a solid year until one game, where he couldn't pitch strikes anymore and threw a couple of balls couple of feet above the catcher's glove. Since then, had to change position... Psychological problem caused by anxiety/stress...

Now, I know it's 2 completely different sports, but this scoring drought must be taking its toll on Gomez's mental state. Maybe the guy simply 'lost it', has a mental blockage that makes him stay away from the front of the net... When's the last time he had a shot from close range? I know this sounds ridiculous, but so is this scoring drought...

PhysicX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
  #80
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehalgill View Post
I mentioned in the OP that this is NOT a bashing thread, act accordingly.
I believe you could have asked this question in the Gomez thread; though I'm not a mod so it's their discretion to merge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Now, I know it's 2 completely different sports, but this scoring drought must be taking its toll on Gomez's mental state. Maybe the guy simply 'lost it', has a mental blockage that makes him stay away from the front of the net... When's the last time he had a shot from close range? I know this sounds ridiculous, but so is this scoring drought...
Yes, it does sound ridiculous. Reason why Gomez isn't scoring is because;

1. slight case of bad luck
2. he played very poorly last year and at the start of this season
3. he is regressing as he is getting older, so naturally will score less.

I have found in his last stretch of gamez he has played moderately better than he did in the past. It's only a matter of time until he scores a few.

I think we need to shelve the conspiracy theories that he's clinically depressed. He's able to skate still, able to go in the corners, able to get dressed for a game.

Once he'll score a goal a piano will be lifted off his back and miraculously his depression will be cured.

To suggest he is mentally ill because he hasn't scored a goal is a slap in the face for the millions that actually do suffer. There's a difference between being ''down'' and in a ''funk'' vs ''mentally depressed''.

Let's not start using that word so loosely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
This is probably Gomez's last NHL season. I don't think any team will want him, even at the league's minimum.
That be a bet I'd willing to take.

For league minimum I'd keep him.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-03-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: merge
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
  #81
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Yes, it does sound ridiculous. Reason why Gomez isn't scoring is because;

1. slight case of bad luck
2. he played very poorly last year and at the start of this season
3. he is regressing as he is getting older, so naturally will score less.

I have found in his last stretch of gamez he has played moderately better than he did in the past. It's only a matter of time until he scores a few.

I think we need to shelve the conspiracy theories that he's clinically depressed. He's able to skate still, able to go in the corners, able to get dressed for a game.

Once he'll score a goal a piano will be lifted off his back and miraculously his depression will be cured.

To suggest he is mentally ill because he hasn't scored a goal is a slap in the face for the millions that actually do suffer. There's a difference between being ''down'' and in a ''funk'' vs ''mentally depressed''.

Let's not start using that word so loosely.
I'm not saying he's depressed... Maybe just his mechanics aren't there and really no confidence during each game.

PhysicX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
  #82
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Who were your sources that said that Gomez was suffering from Depression?

If that's the case, I'd like to take some responsibility.

Gomez, I'd like to formally apologize for the pain I may have brought on you. I'd like to take back all my jokes and comments of the last few years. I do not really believe you'd be better at waiting tables, washing dishes or cutting grass for a living. You were born to be a hockey player, and you are doing what God wanted you to.

Tomorrow is a new day SG. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

ps: Happy 1 year anniversary you ****ing *****


You want to see a scary movie, watch Deniro in 'The Fan'

It is absolutely wrong to make personal and hateful comments about a human being that we do not know. It is grotesque. Do you think that because Gomer is famous that it gives you the right to say these things?

Tomorrow, I'm going to come to your office and post every day on facebook for the next 2 years about what an '*******' you are after every bad day you have. How would you like that?

Get a grip on reality. As a Habs fan, I am pissed at Gomer's play. I am not pissed at Gomer. I think he's probably a good guy, and I am disappointed for him and the Habs. Learn the difference. Separate yourself.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:51 AM
  #83
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
[/B]

You want to see a scary movie, watch Deniro in 'The Fan'

It is absolutely wrong to make personal and hateful comments about a human being that we do not know. It is grotesque. Do you think that because Gomer is famous that it gives you the right to say these things?

Tomorrow, I'm going to come to your office and post every day on facebook for the next 2 years about what an '*******' you are after every bad day you have. How would you like that?

Get a grip on reality. As a Habs fan, I am pissed at Gomer's play. I am not pissed at Gomer. I think he's probably a good guy, and I am disappointed for him and the Habs. Learn the difference. Separate yourself.
You're a fine one to talk. You reprimand him for his thrask talk and then you tell him to go separate himself. You know how freaking painful that is. We won't even mention how bloody messy it'll get.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
  #84
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Lacroix View Post
Yes, I don't care what people say, if a player that has won a cup is placed in the minors it takes a tool on them. I heard from somewhere that Brisebois would go cry in his car after the Habs game cause he got booed.
Bet the breeze wasn't crying went he was out buying up expensive cars and nice vacations that the fans paid for.

Flurry needed money, he wrote a book, some sports shows helped him sell the ****, people wasted thier money, and flurry went to the bank with it. Nice clothes and off to the talk shows with the whole bit of crap. We all have our stories, what makes them so special. They play on people and suck them to better themselves financally.

If gomaz has mental problems, see a doctor, get help and go on insurance, not sucking money out of a team. Do what the rest of us would have to do!!

People need to get a grip when it comes to dealing with way overpaid sport people like gomaz, people will eat up anything they say, like its gods words or something.

Do you really think the gomaz or tiger woods of the world are going to walk away from all that money ??? Sometimes, and rightfully so, they have to be pushed or booed away, hence we have the boo birds.

I'm proud to be a boo bird when a player is out on the ice floating around doing nothing or sitting on the bench having a good laugh for himself while other team mates are working there ass of for far far less money and trying to get 2 points out of the game. A lot of floaters have so much wasted talant. **** Gomaz...outboard.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
  #85
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
If gomez is getting depressed the blame should go on the coaching staff for putting him in a situation where he cant help the team.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
  #86
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,993
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If he is indeed depressed..
It's more proof that Montreal does not have an employed Sports Psychologist. Which would be plain dumb.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
  #87
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Gomez is due 10 million dollars in real cash over the next two years. He won't retire.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
  #88
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Bet the breeze wasn't crying went he was out buying up expensive cars and nice vacations that the fans paid for.

Flurry needed money, he wrote a book, some sports shows helped him sell the ****, people wasted thier money, and flurry went to the bank with it. Nice clothes and off to the talk shows with the whole bit of crap. We all have our stories, what makes them so special. They play on people and suck them to better themselves financally.

If gomaz has mental problems, see a doctor, get help and go on insurance, not sucking money out of a team. Do what the rest of us would have to do!!

People need to get a grip when it comes to dealing with way overpaid sport people like gomaz, people will eat up anything they say, like its gods words or something.

Do you really think the gomaz or tiger woods of the world are going to walk away from all that money ??? Sometimes, and rightfully so, they have to be pushed or booed away, hence we have the boo birds.

I'm proud to be a boo bird when a player is out on the ice floating around doing nothing or sitting on the bench having a good laugh for himself while other team mates are working there ass of for far far less money and trying to get 2 points out of the game. A lot of floaters have so much wasted talant. **** Gomaz...outboard.
Congrats, you are by far the worst member in this board. Holy ****.. what a post full of stupidities.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:03 AM
  #89
EmelinHipCheck
Registered User
 
EmelinHipCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Bet the breeze wasn't crying went he was out buying up expensive cars and nice vacations that the fans paid for.

Flurry needed money, he wrote a book, some sports shows helped him sell the ****, people wasted thier money, and flurry went to the bank with it. Nice clothes and off to the talk shows with the whole bit of crap. We all have our stories, what makes them so special. They play on people and suck them to better themselves financally.

If gomaz has mental problems, see a doctor, get help and go on insurance, not sucking money out of a team. Do what the rest of us would have to do!!

People need to get a grip when it comes to dealing with way overpaid sport people like gomaz, people will eat up anything they say, like its gods words or something.

Do you really think the gomaz or tiger woods of the world are going to walk away from all that money ??? Sometimes, and rightfully so, they have to be pushed or booed away, hence we have the boo birds.

I'm proud to be a boo bird when a player is out on the ice floating around doing nothing or sitting on the bench having a good laugh for himself while other team mates are working there ass of for far far less money and trying to get 2 points out of the game. A lot of floaters have so much wasted talant. **** Gomaz...outboard.
What an awful excuse of a human being you are.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
  #90
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Bet the breeze wasn't crying went he was out buying up expensive cars and nice vacations that the fans paid for.

Flurry needed money, he wrote a book, some sports shows helped him sell the ****, people wasted thier money, and flurry went to the bank with it. Nice clothes and off to the talk shows with the whole bit of crap. We all have our stories, what makes them so special. They play on people and suck them to better themselves financally.

If gomaz has mental problems, see a doctor, get help and go on insurance, not sucking money out of a team. Do what the rest of us would have to do!!

People need to get a grip when it comes to dealing with way overpaid sport people like gomaz, people will eat up anything they say, like its gods words or something.

Do you really think the gomaz or tiger woods of the world are going to walk away from all that money ??? Sometimes, and rightfully so, they have to be pushed or booed away, hence we have the boo birds.

I'm proud to be a boo bird when a player is out on the ice floating around doing nothing or sitting on the bench having a good laugh for himself while other team mates are working there ass of for far far less money and trying to get 2 points out of the game. A lot of floaters have so much wasted talant. **** Gomaz...outboard.
So fleury accepted to get ***** so he can write a book later to make money

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:08 AM
  #91
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
[/B]

You want to see a scary movie, watch Deniro in 'The Fan'

It is absolutely wrong to make personal and hateful comments about a human being that we do not know. It is grotesque. Do you think that because Gomer is famous that it gives you the right to say these things?

Tomorrow, I'm going to come to your office and post every day on facebook for the next 2 years about what an '*******' you are after every bad day you have. How would you like that?

Get a grip on reality. As a Habs fan, I am pissed at Gomer's play. I am not pissed at Gomer. I think he's probably a good guy, and I am disappointed for him and the Habs. Learn the difference. Separate yourself.
lol.

1. This is a hockey board. I will trash talk.
2. If ever I met Gomez in person, I'd shake his hand, and say nice to meet you.
3. He chose a career in the spotlight, which is prone to praise and ridicule. I didn't.
4. Everyone on this board would take 7.3 million in their pocket and go scoreless for a year.
5. My pitty jar is reserved to people with real problems. Not struggling rich athletes. He'll score a goal and will be all smiles post-game interviews, eventually.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:10 AM
  #92
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
lol.

1. This is a hockey board. I will trash talk.
2. If ever I met Gomez in person, I'd shake his hand, and say nice to meet you.
3. He chose a career in the spotlight, which is prone to praise and ridicule. I didn't.
4. Everyone on this board would take 7.3 million in their pocket and go scoreless for a year.
5. My pitty jar is reserved to people with real problems. Not struggling rich athletes. He'll score a goal and will be all smiles post-game interviews.
And yet you didn't like it when everyone kept poking fun of you for going on the bruins board in game 7 of the season praying for a loss. Yet you turn around and attack a player not for his on his game but him personally.

Sucked when people kept calling you out for weeks ehh?

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
  #93
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Sucked when people kept calling you out for weeks ehh?
hmm...
did I lose an ounce of sleep? no.
Did I harbor any thoughts of depression? no.
Did this affect my REAL life. No.
lol.

My popularity on HFBoards is irrelevant to how I feel about myself.

My real life = Not HFboards

HFBoards = When I'm slacking off work, or in my pajamas at home.

I haven't met any of you, and none of you have ever met me... We could love each other online, and hate each other in person. And vice versa.

I place very little importance on what people perceive me as on here. Thankfully.

I hope I'm not the only one who separates reality and hockey forums.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
  #94
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

I hope I'm not the only one who separates reality and hockey forums.
No but you are the only one who conflates a persons work(Gomez as a hokcye player) with Gomez the person.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
  #95
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
This is a very weird thread.

How can you compare Gomez to Fleury ???? They are as far apart as North and South Poles.

Gomez must be stressed, but I doubt he is depressed. the earlier he is out of Montreal, the better for him. I dunno if he will ever play another NHL game after, and I don't care.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
  #96
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
So I guess Rick Rypien wasn't depressed because he made more money than the rest of them, I guess I should stop taking my anti-depression meds because can I smile and joke and don't complain to everyone about my problems, keeping my emotions inside. I didn't know that there where so many Dr Recchi's on these boards.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
  #97
idk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
I've always thought Scott looked like he was trying out there. Not so much this season, but last season there were times when he looked like he just wanted to pick up the puck, throw it in the net, and then beat then savagely beat anyone looking remotely like a goalie/goal post. This year not so much, but I have been following less than last year.

With that said - if he is having issues with depression (or drug use or if he's too buddy-buddy with the Russian mob or what have you) then he needs to deal with it and get it right. If his problems can all be traced back to a condition of some kind which can be treated and he hasn't sought treatment? That's almost as bad as not giving a damn out there IMHO.

As for the possibility of him retiring and then coming back - don't count on it. The NHLPA wouldn't stand for it - imagine a player taking a deep pay cut like that. What kind of message does that send to the owners with both sides gearing up for another stoppage?

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:31 AM
  #98
PKtrollban
PK for Norris
 
PKtrollban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Poutine island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
Depressed ? Gimme a break...

I saw Gomer in NJ, in December, 30 mins before the game, sipping a beer at the pub in front of Prudential Center. He just seemed like he didn't care at all. He was all smiley and had fun with the fans, signed autographs and took pictures with ppl etc.

Watch him on the bench, he's all smiley and joking non-stop, that's his personality. you don,t see an ounce of frustration in the ways he act. Might be a poker face, but I really doubt he's caring anymore. He racks up the paychecks and trolls us Habs fans. I so hope he gets sent down before the end of this year. Tank already, get rid of dead wood, fire Gauthier, play rookies, give them NHL experience. Next year, show them how to be WINNERS.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:43 AM
  #99
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
The sad part is that even if he wants to go, there's no way we can grant that request.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
  #100
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
Depressed ? Gimme a break...

I saw Gomer in NJ, in December, 30 mins before the game, sipping a beer at the pub in front of Prudential Center. He just seemed like he didn't care at all. He was all smiley and had fun with the fans, signed autographs and took pictures with ppl etc.

Watch him on the bench, he's all smiley and joking non-stop, that's his personality. you don,t see an ounce of frustration in the ways he act. Might be a poker face, but I really doubt he's caring anymore. He racks up the paychecks and trolls us Habs fans. I so hope he gets sent down before the end of this year. Tank already, get rid of dead wood, fire Gauthier, play rookies, give them NHL experience. Next year, show them how to be WINNERS.
Dr Recchi is that you?

I'm not sure that you understand depression...see my post above.

fyi - a lot of depressed people use a smile to mask their depression.

BTW I'm not a Gomez supporter but this DR Recchi stuff is a little pretentious, do you have a diploma in Psychology or maybe 1st hand experience with depression?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.