HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

untouchables

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
  #1
Gaston Gingras
Registered User
 
Gaston Gingras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
untouchables

mine are: Price ,Subban Eller, Patches, Gorges, Emelin and.... I guess that is it!!
What are yours???

Gaston Gingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
  #2
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,575
vCash: 500
Price, Subban, Eller , Patches, Cole, Beaulieu , 1st Pick, Plekanec, AK, ,Markov, Gorges, Emelin.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
  #3
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
Nobody

However it would take a very generous offer to make me want to move Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Gorges, Eller or Cole.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
  #4
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
subban- emelin- Pacorietty- price-- thats IT!!!!

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
  #5
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Gingras View Post
mine are: Price ,Subban Eller, Patches, Gorges, Emelin and.... I guess that is it!!
What are yours???
I was going to offer you Subban + 1st 2013 for Stamkos

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:16 PM
  #6
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Only untouchable
1st round 2012

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:16 PM
  #7
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
subban- emelin- Pacorietty- price-- thats IT!!!!
emelin because i dont think habs could get good value for him yet so shouldhold on to him and watch him improve- willing to move price for the right price--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:17 PM
  #8
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Gingras View Post
mine are: Price ,Subban Eller, Patches, Gorges, Emelin and.... I guess that is it!!
What are yours???
This, + Gomez and Markov because no one would want to touch them making them untouchable as well.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:17 PM
  #9
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Subban, price, eller, pacioretty,Gorges, 1st.

everyone is tradeable for the right price though.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
  #10
Claimed Off Waivers
Registered User
 
Claimed Off Waivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Emelin, Gorges

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:22 PM
  #11
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,316
vCash: 500
everyone can be had for the right price...

but I would require a huge overpayment for:

Price
Subban
Gorges
Eller
Patches
Plekanec
Leblanc
Emelin

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:23 PM
  #12
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Untouchables: Eller; Subban; Patches; Gorges; Emelin; Desharnais (only because he'll be a heck of a lot more valuable in 2-3 yrs and that's when you trade him); 1st rounder (100% untouchable); Cole (touchable in 1 or 2 yrs - not in the dirty sense)

The reason I didn't include Price is because of his "price". He will command too much money for his worth and for the right "price" I'd be willing to part with him.

The reason Pleks is not an untouchable is because we need to get tougher and bigger down the middle. I would only trade him for a big centreman otherwise there's no point because he's not overly expensive.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:25 PM
  #13
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Untouchables

Everyone still on an Entry Level Contract next season.
All picks (unless trading up for a better pick)
All prospects

Absolutely need to go (if not signed in the next few weeks)

Gill
Moen
AKost


Last edited by Erik Estrada: 02-03-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
  #14
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 500
great flic

De Niro was awesome as Capone

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
  #15
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
great flic

De Niro was awesome as Capone
Pretty much this...

I'd say there is only one : Price (maybe if the Rangers want to trade Lundqvist straight up for him... or LA falls in love with him and offer Quick and Kopitar... so yeah, he's untouchable)

Everyone else can be traded if it helps the team get better.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
  #16
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Keep unless you get a ridiculous overoffer: Price and Pacioretty (and or 1st)
Keep unless you get an overoffer: Subban, Cole, Eller, Gorges, Emelin and Markov (plus top prospects like Leblanc, Beaulieu, etc.)
Put on market to see if there is interest: Gionta (when healthy), Plekanec, Desharnais, Diaz, Weber and Bourque
Plan on trading: Gill, Moen and Kostitsyn
Find a gullible GM: Darche, Kaberle Campoli, etc.

LOL, you think he can be trade!: Gomez

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:34 PM
  #17
idk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Not a soul. Closest is Price, but if Pittsburgh offered me Malkin, Fleury and a first for Price I'd trade him with the biggest grin you can imagine.

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
  #18
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 567
Leblanc
Subban
Price
Gorges
Emelin
Pacciorety
Eller
Beaulieu
Gallagher
Tinordi
1rst pick

Not untouchable but will not be traded:

Desharnais
Plekanec

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:40 PM
  #19
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
My untouchables are the following based on position and lines (not depth):

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Kristo
XXXXX - Leblanc - Gallagher
XXXXX - Bournival - Holland

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Emelin - XXXXX

Price
XXXXX

I would keep Cole and Bourque because they have size, can skate and can score besides that, believe it or not, I think Desharnais can be a top six centre as long as the other centre is big (a la Eller or Leblanc).

ALSO, I would NOT trade any draft pick in the top three rounds between now and next season, in fact, I would try to get as many picks in the top 90 (3 rounds) as possible so we can draft wingers and centers with size and more depth on defense plus another goalie or two for the future.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
  #20
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
In the business of hockey there are no untouchables anymore. Everyone is available as far as I am concerned.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:46 PM
  #21
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
In the business of hockey there are no untouchables anymore. Everyone is available as far as I am concerned.
I disagree because there is NO package in the NHL that can land you Crosby, not even Price, Pacioretty, Subban and multiple draft picks.

With that being said, I also think that Montreal would be STUPID (which they are currently) to trade anyone from the core of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher and the draft picks for this upcoming draft.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:49 PM
  #22
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,369
vCash: 500
Price - 2012 1st round pick

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:50 PM
  #23
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I disagree because there is NO package in the NHL that can land you Crosby, not even Price, Pacioretty, Subban and multiple draft picks.
.
If I'm Ray Shero, I jump on that offer from the Habs and offer to drive Crosby to the airport in the next hour.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
  #24
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Price, Pacioretty, 2012 1st round pick.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
  #25
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I disagree because there is NO package in the NHL that can land you Crosby, not even Price, Pacioretty, Subban and multiple draft picks.

With that being said, I also think that Montreal would be STUPID (which they are currently) to trade anyone from the core of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher and the draft picks for this upcoming draft.
See everyone is replaceable. Gretzky got traded be it for money etc but if you can trade a Gretzky you can trade an Ovie or a Crosby etc.

I do not see Gallagher or Tinordi as a part of the core and if they are I fear we will remain mediocre fighting for 7th and 8th for many many years to come.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.