HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Just want everyone to know...(waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Pax Macioretty

vCash: 500
Just want everyone to know...(waivers)

Every should know that a player like Mogilny for example, now that he has cleared waivers that it doesn't mean that his trading value is none or even low for that matter... he has 3.6 mil/year salary i think,how many teams today can just get that sort of layer without going over the 39 mil cap, in the new NHL Pierre Dagenais
will be picked up before Ilya Kovalchuk, that's just how it is, it's the same reason why Huselius never got picked up when he was on waivers and then got traded for..

what i'm trying to say is that waiving a player today is useless

Old
01-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Peter10

Send a message via ICQ to Peter10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
... waiving a player today is useless
I bet LouLam begs to differ.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Slitty

I am pretty sure that Columbus (or whoever gets first dibs on the waiver wire) would simply move enough players to the AHL to clear room for Kovalchuk and worry about it later (after celebrating) if they didnt have the cap space.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:46 PM
TornACL

Doesn't a team that loses a player on waivers have to pay a % of the player's salary?

Old
01-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Peter10

Send a message via ICQ to Peter10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornACL
Doesn't a team that loses a player on waivers have to pay a % of the player's salary?
Only if its re-entry waivers. For example, if a player is placed on waivers, clears and is sent down, he has to be put on waivers again if recalled. If he is picked then is old team has to pay half of his contract, it also counts against his former teams cap i believe. Hainsey is the perfect example for this.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCheck
I really think your comment is useless and maybe You are clueless!!!
tell me what can just offer to pay 6mil in salary to 1 player without giving anything back? Dagenais has 450k a year, that was the point, it's not useless reading the posters who think Mogilny has no more value because he cleard waivers and i'm not clueless, just trying to help, if the only thing you do is being negative then dont post at all

Last edited by Pax Macioretty: 01-08-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old
01-08-2006, 11:11 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
tell me what can just offer to pay 6mil in salary to 1 player without giving anything back? Dagenais has 450k a year, that was the point, it's not useless reading the posters who think Mogilny has no more value because he cleard waivers and i'm not clueless, just trying to help, if the only thing you do is being negative then dont post all

a team could just dump a few players who make similar total salaries to take in kovalchuk, as an avs fans i wouldn't cry a river if we sent blake on waivers and than stuck him the minors for kovy

Old
01-09-2006, 05:22 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
what i'm trying to say is that waiving a player today is useless
No its not, you get that players salary off the cap. Its a legitimate tool for GMs to use.

Old
01-09-2006, 05:52 AM
Taranis_24

Send a message via MSN to Taranis_24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter10
Only if its re-entry waivers. For example, if a player is placed on waivers, clears and is sent down, he has to be put on waivers again if recalled. If he is picked then is old team has to pay half of his contract, it also counts against his former teams cap i believe. Hainsey is the perfect example for this.
It's also for the life of the contract, not just the current season. So like in Mogilney's (sp) case if he is recalled from Albany and say the CAPS claim him not only do the Devils pay off this season, but next season as well and that half counts against their cap. Isn't it true that if a team claims a player that is being recalled that player must be with the big league club? I guess they could try to send him down to their minor league team but would probably have to go through waivers again?

Old
01-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis_24
I guess they could try to send him down to their minor league team but would probably have to go through waivers again?
They have 30 days to decide to do that, after 30 days he has to be placed on waivers again to be sent down.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:41 AM
stanley

If a player clears waivers and is sent to the minors, the team still pays his entire salary, although it wouldn't count against their cap figure.

Any player that is recalled from the minors and earns a minor-league salary of $75K MUST clear waivers.

Old
01-09-2006, 11:21 AM
taunting canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
No its not, you get that players salary off the cap. Its a legitimate tool for GMs to use.

Regarding Mogilny, per John Davidson on satellite hotstove on Saturday, Mogilny's salary is not actually off the Devil's cap, due to his age or somesuch? Does anyone know if this is true?

Closed Thread