HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part 6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2012, 12:06 PM
  #101
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
how would one thing effect the other?
See my post below yours.

HSHS is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
  #102
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
how would one thing effect the other?
Seriously.

We have Wideman. I don't think a team needs more than one puck moving defenseman with a spin-o-rama turnover move.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
  #103
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
how would one thing effect the other?
Haar is that good.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:49 PM
  #104
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,216
vCash: 500
Haar will replace Ovechkin as captain. Book it.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
  #105
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 500
Watching the Winnipeg/TBL game last night and in the OT saw Martin St. Louis trying to skate free of Johnny Oduya, but Oduya stuck with him and St. Louis never got separation. Oduya, former Cap draft choice will be a UFA, who's currently making 3.5. I don't know that much about Oduya's game (but don't hear that much negative or positive about him), but just watching him one on one and his foot speed last night, I was wondering if he fits JJ's system and what he's looking for in his d-men.

BiPolar Caps is online now  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:56 PM
  #106
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,216
vCash: 500
Oduya = turnover machine. 3rd pairing guy on a contender.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:04 PM
  #107
hb11xchamps
Registered User
 
hb11xchamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Ok why did we call up Aucoin if he is going to be playing on the 4th line? The guy is a playmaker not a freaking 4th line winger

Here are the lines from practice

Ovechkin-Johansson-Semin
Hendricks-Laich-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Knuble
Aucoin-Halpern-Ward
Rechlicz-Beagle

hb11xchamps is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
  #108
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Haar will replace Ovechkin as captain. Book it.
Does he keep the "C" after telling GMGM the Caps suck and tests the free agent market to find no takers and comes crawling back?

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
  #109
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Does he keep the "C" after telling GMGM the Caps suck and tests the free agent market to find no takers and comes crawling back?
Nah, McPhee will sign him to a 14 year extension after his ELC expires.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:26 PM
  #110
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Nah, McPhee will sign him to a 14 year extension after his ELC expires.

I'd actually thoroughly enjoy that.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:41 PM
  #111
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
That's insane. I mean, completely bonkers. No GM in their right mind would pay that for a pending UFA. If you're sending that to Nashville, it better be Weber coming back.
Insane? LOL. So much hyperbole!

Semin is an FA, and has little value (according to people here). Carlson is great, but he's replaceabe by Orlov (and of course, by Suter). A first is tradeable when you have 2.

You dont like Suter, is that it? Guy is a stud, and worth it IMO. You get him, sign him, and he's core w Ovechkin and Backstrom...maybe Green. We are too heavily weighted in salary to our "offensive core", and Semin is the issue as his production has not been good for the season.

And please dont spout to me about "how do we know he will sign with us"? There are ways to "know" in a manner that allows you to feel comfortable to do the deal. It happens all the time when these teams trade away high picks for UFA to be's rights, and then sign them before the UFA season.

Suter to this team is well worth Carlson and a first. We couldnt have Suter and Semin anyway due to the Cap, and we have to realize to get Suter we will have to pay dearly.

But if thats insane, call me crazy.

Oh, and to Mystlyfe:

Hannan for Flash was a trade I suppose in the "hockey trade" sense, but its just one in the interim, was small in amt of people being switched, and wasnt really about changing a culture.

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:44 PM
  #112
Roughing
Registered User
 
Roughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Ok why did we call up Aucoin if he is going to be playing on the 4th line? The guy is a playmaker not a freaking 4th line winger

Here are the lines from practice

Ovechkin-Johansson-Semin
Hendricks-Laich-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Knuble
Aucoin-Halpern-Ward
Rechlicz-Beagle
Rech is gone...

Roughing is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:50 PM
  #113
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
Rech is gone...
Yea! We sent our message to the rest of the league!

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:52 PM
  #114
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
Rech is gone...
Still was at practice this morning. They're not going to force him to leave practice just because they're demoting to Hershey. Heck, he hasn't even cleared waivers yet.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
  #115
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 500
Wrecker, perhaps it was all about keeping Gloves away from Kettler. The stay away order had to expire a while back.

BiPolar Caps is online now  
Old
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
  #116
Brian23
Registered User
 
Brian23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Am I the only one surprised to see Laich on line 2 and not switched up with Perreault?

Brian23 is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
  #117
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Insane? LOL. So much hyperbole!

Semin is an FA, and has little value (according to people here). Carlson is great, but he's replaceabe by Orlov (and of course, by Suter). A first is tradeable when you have 2.

You dont like Suter, is that it? Guy is a stud, and worth it IMO. You get him, sign him, and he's core w Ovechkin and Backstrom...maybe Green. We are too heavily weighted in salary to our "offensive core", and Semin is the issue as his production has not been good for the season.

And please dont spout to me about "how do we know he will sign with us"? There are ways to "know" in a manner that allows you to feel comfortable to do the deal. It happens all the time when these teams trade away high picks for UFA to be's rights, and then sign them before the UFA season.

Suter to this team is well worth Carlson and a first. We couldnt have Suter and Semin anyway due to the Cap, and we have to realize to get Suter we will have to pay dearly.

But if thats insane, call me crazy.

Oh, and to Mystlyfe:

Hannan for Flash was a trade I suppose in the "hockey trade" sense, but its just one in the interim, was small in amt of people being switched, and wasnt really about changing a culture.
You're crazy. 2 months of Suter is not worth remotely close to Carlson and a 1st.

I can't think of an example of a young player of Carlson's caliber getting traded for a pending UFA, let alone adding two additional assets of significant worth. He's going to have his second consecutive season of 30+ points. And that's while having a sophomore slump.

And for the record, I love Suter as a player and have advocated many times that GMGM should do whatever it takes to get him this offseason.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
  #118
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,757
vCash: 500
i would love to have suter next season. wait til july and if you can get him to sign, you have carlson, the player chosen with the first and suter. conversely if suter has hopes of playing closer to home and has no east coast interest(or just no interest in leonsisville) carlson and a first is silly for any rental.

as poile has said he wont trade suter before the deadline, this is all wasted effort

txpd is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 03:30 PM
  #119
hb11xchamps
Registered User
 
hb11xchamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
GMGM wouldnt trade one of Carlson/Alzner in a package for Chris Pronger a few years ago. Why would he do it for Ryan Suter. In my opinion Pronger a few years ago>>>Suter

hb11xchamps is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
  #120
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
You can't trade a Carlson on winks and handshakes that the player will resign. It must be locked up.

You also don't get real value for Semin unless the other side can do something similar. The only way Suter plays in DC is via trade. Caps won't pay UFA prices for a top guy.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
  #121
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,282
vCash: 500
@TSNBobMcKenzie - Based on talks with scouts re: 2012 draft class, won't be surprised if 1st round picks used as trade currency in coming weeks. #draftnotdeep

strungout is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM
  #122
fsnoles98
Registered User
 
fsnoles98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Anyone seen Semin lately?? Oh, he is invisble mode, now.

Trade him

fsnoles98 is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 04:27 PM
  #123
hb11xchamps
Registered User
 
hb11xchamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie - Based on talks with scouts re: 2012 draft class, won't be surprised if 1st round picks used as trade currency in coming weeks. #draftnotdeep
I don't get it. People have been saying how this draft is soo deep and now after the prospects game they are saying it isn't? Doesn't make any sense

hb11xchamps is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 04:29 PM
  #124
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Anyone seen Semin lately?? Oh, he is invisble mode, now.

Trade him
Have you watched the games or are you glancing at the scoresheet? His effort level is definitely there and his line has been relatively good.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 04:31 PM
  #125
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
I don't get it. People have been saying how this draft is soo deep and now after the prospects game they are saying it isn't? Doesn't make any sense
Might not help that many of the mid-high-end depth has been sidetracked due to injuries. Seems like an abnormally high amount of big injuries (even season-ending ones) this year among the first round talent.

But that's just a guess. Rankings get revised all the time, so going from deep to not deep over the course of a year or two's worth of scouting wouldn't be shocking.

brs03 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.