HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA Kings interested in Nikolai Kulemin and Clarke MacArthur.

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
bobbyflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle J View Post
I'd rather have Kulemin than Brown. If anyone says different then please get educated about hockey.
i'm gonna have to agree with this

Old
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71111 View Post
Arguably. But I would never consider trading a stud like Brown for MacArthur.
Macarthur's been better but Brown's a "Stud"? Please.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why do Leaf fans believe Kulemin/MacArthur would be worth Dustin Brown?

Kulemin's offensive struggles and MacArthur's all around game struggles have lessened there value
My goodness, why do other team's fans constantly rag on Leaf players even when the 2 names mentioned are presently 2/3rd of one of the top scoring lines in all of hockey???

Yes, Kulemin has struggled scoring goals, but he's been a beast defensively the last few weeks and has been primarly responsible in creating turnovers that have resulted in goals.

MacArthur is currently on pace for 25 to 30 goals. He's over his offensive struggles.

Don't just read a statsheet to gain info on a player. Watch a Leaf game sometime and then decide for yourself.

And yes, if we're giving BOTH players up in a package, then a top line forward would have to be coming the other way.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:32 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:

Kulemin's offensive struggles and MacArthur's all around game struggles have lessened there value
Mac is not struggling .. Struggle for a week and become a useless player.
His offensive numbers are down mostly because Kulemins struggles. (something all Leaf fans ignore)

Mac struggling is producing as much as anyone not named Kopitar on the Kings.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Kyle J

If the Kings are offering up Richards, Kopitar or Doughty, which they certainly are not, then I do not care for the Leafs to trade with the Kings. Those three players are probably the only ones that could actually improve the current roster.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Clifford is not going anywhere in a smaller deal. He'd be an important piece (not the key piece) in a larger trade in which we were getting an established bottom 6 forward back (and more), but not the centerpiece in a deal that isn't a slam dunk.

Mac is good at what he does -- going to the net, making himself available, finishing his chances -- but he absolutely is invisible on a lot of nights and the Kings would take a pretty enormous hit in the grit department if we dealt Clifford for him (something we're already low on). Even when Mac is going well, he's not great at creating his own chances and scoring. He's usually the recipient of a nice play by Grabovski. That's a good skill to have, but I'm not sure it's what Lombardi is looking for.

Kulemin is invisible at times this season as well, but he plays a much harder game and backchecks considerably better. I know Lombardi wouldn't part with Clifford for him, but I wouldn't be stunned if he was interested in Kulemin. That isn't saying much though, as most teams likely would have interest in Kulemin.

However, since the Leafs aren't a great fit for our better trade chips (Johnson/Voynov, Bernier), I'm not sure there's a fit between the teams. Unless the Leafs were interested in someone like Alec Martinez or Andrei Loktionov (and possibly more in terms of picks most likely), I don't think a deal is likely.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He has a rare combination of size, skill, and all-around hockey smarts. He's like a left handed Ryan Callahan (lesser player, but similar). If Burke was moving Kulemin, he'd have a TON of interest, and I believe someone would pay out the nose to get him (relative to his career/performance). Even with his offensive struggles.
I mean yeah he plays both ends but overpay? Seriously? His quality ice time was taken away rightfully so cause he misses a lot of chances. Doubt he will ever reach 30 again. Was a fluke last year still has that two way ability. Overpay?

You compared him to Callahan? That right there is flat out ****ing embarrassing. You need to get out more.

Quote:
I'd rather have Kulemin than Brown. If anyone says different then please get educated about hockey.
Really? lol

Old
02-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
I don't see why people are still going on about this...

Kulimen + MacArthur are both in the leafs top 6 and since the leafs are making a playoff push, I don't see either/both getting moved unless it's for an upgrade. People seem to think Brown is an upgrade, other than being an upgrade in hits because he is a hitting machine, I don't see how he is an upgrade over either, could someone fill me in...?

Only other upgrades (in my opinion at least) are Richards, Kopitar and Bernier/Quick. Fans of both teams seem to agree that both Kopitar and Richards won't be getting moved and the leafs goaltending has been a little better lately and I doubt Burke would want to pay the asking price on either goalie anyways.

So again, why are people still going on about this...

Old
02-03-2012, 06:37 PM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

No thanks, Kulemin isn't going anywhere. I would much rather Kulemin than Brown, why would we throw in MacArthur as well?

I think Dreger threw in Toronto to get more hits. They aren't good trading partners right now.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
i'm gonna have to agree with this
Why? It's not like Brown has a huge edge, but he's a similarly skilled two way forward with a better physical game (without question, and that's giving some respect to Kulie's physical presence too). He's also done his thing for a lot longer than Kulemin has. He's much more of a sure thing going forward.

I would take Brown, but I'll say that their value is probably closer than people give credit for. It's certainly not something someone would need to be 'educated about' if they disagree.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Do you really believe that Kulemin is worth one of Brown or Richards.
Guess the players:

124 GP 37 G 55 A 92 PTS
133 GP 41 G 43 A 84 PTS
133 GP 35 G 45 A 80 PTS
126 GP 37 G 52 A 89 PTS

Old
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
kfernandes29

Quote:
In what league are 2 players (who are at a ~.500 pace for their career) not worth 1 player (also playing at a ~.500 point pace for his career). And, when you throw into account the fact that Kulemin and Mac's defensive stats are far better than Dustin Brown's, LA would be stupid to turn this down and the Leafs would be equally as stupid to offer up the two of them for Dustin Brown.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
raikk

Send a message via MSN to raikk
This just isn't going to work for both teams, it seems like a sideways step for both teams..

Old
02-03-2012, 06:41 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
I mean yeah he plays both ends but overpay? Seriously? His quality ice time was taken away rightfully so cause cause he misses a lot of chances. Doubt he will ever reach 30. Was a fluke last year still has that two way ability. Overpay?

You compared him to Callahan? That right there is flat out ****ing embarrassing. You need to get out more.
I'm a Ranger fan; I like to think I know a player I've watched every game of well. Callahan is better, yes. That doesn't mean Kulemin can't be similar. Both are extremely bright, tough, all-around players. They're both good in every aspect of the game.

"Overpay" is subjective. He's struggling this year, but, to go back to Callahan again, he was having a similar offensive year in 09-10 when he was roughly Kulemin's age. 19 goals, 37 points in 77 games. I think a team would give up a mid-range first for Kulemin at least.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
02-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I would rather have Brown than Kulemin. If anyone says different then please get educated about hockey.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't even know how Brown or both Kulemin and MacArthur came into discussion. LA wouldn't want both, and Dreger merely said that the Kings have inquired about those two and several others around the league. People are taking this too seriously.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
02-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Robert Theodorson

Breaking News (from 2007)! Kings seek top 6 forward!

Old
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
blacknite001

If you listen to a bit more of the interview, dregger said that it would take more than kuli and mac to get brown out of LA. He also said that LA is scouting other players as well like Jeff Carter, and that they usually scout alot of players and narrow it down as Trade deadline approaches. I think dregger is just speculating on what LA may do, because he didn't even say that LA and Tor are even talking.

Besides we need a center not a winger and I don't think LA and TOR would make great trading partners

Old
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
LeafsYoungGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Clark Macarthur had more points last season than Brown ever has, and is on pace for more than him this season but Macarthur is worth peanuts?
This. Brown may be better physically but C. Mac has better offense. That said LA wont trade their Captain.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknite001 View Post
If you listen to a bit more of the interview, dregger said that it would take more than kuli and mac to get brown out of LA. He also said that LA is scouting other players as well like Jeff Carter, and that they usually scout alot of players and narrow it down as Trade deadline approaches. I think dregger is just speculating on what LA may do, because he didn't even say that LA and Tor are even talking.

Besides we need a center not a winger and I don't think LA and TOR would make great trading partners

So in other words: In order for LA to trade their captain, it would require an overpayment.

Oh well. We'll just keep one of the hottest line in hockey intact unless it makes sense from our perspective.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'm a Ranger fan; I like to think I know a player I've watched every game of well. Callahan is better, yes. That doesn't mean Kulemin can't be similar. Both are extremely bright, tough, all-around players. They're both good in every aspect of the game.

"Overpay" is subjective. He's struggling this year, but, to go back to Callahan again, he was having a similar offensive year in 09-10 when he was roughly Kulemin's age. 19 goals, 37 points in 77 games. I think a team would give up a mid-range first for Kulemin at least.
Kulemin is not North South kind of player Callahan is. Call me when Kulemin starts to forecheck. Just because both players take care their own end does not mean they are similar.

I do not care if you are a Ranger fan. You are wrong. Both guys play different styles.

You would trade 1st? So what do you think you will get form Kulemin in playoffs?

Old
02-03-2012, 06:51 PM
vh2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsYoungGuns View Post
This. Brown may be better physically but C. Mac has better offense. That said LA wont trade their Captain.
This is a silly claim. Mac has one season in his career that eclipses any of Brown's previous 5 in terms of point totals. This season he will likely not repeat that feat, even if the goal totals are on track. Saying Mac definitively has better offense is a little off-base. It MIGHT be CLOSE. Brown has consistently had the edge and Mac, thus far, has not entirely repeated last season's success.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:52 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Kulemin is not North South kind of player Callahan is. Call me when Kulemin starts to forecheck. Just because both players take care their own end does not mean they are similar.

I do not care if you are a Ranger fan. You are wrong. Both guys play different styles.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:53 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Never saw anything special in Brown, I would not trade MacArthur or Kulemin straight up for him.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:

That's weird considering that Kulemin does, in fact, forecheck and forecheck really well.

Just another HFer know-it-all I guess.

Closed Thread