HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA Kings interested in Nikolai Kulemin and Clarke MacArthur.

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Monarchist

vCash: 500
Maybe a 3 way deal with Philadelphia, since Kings and Leafs both have deep D. Maybe 3 way with a seller like Columbus for Carter. Tampa needs D and a goalie and might give up Malone, who the Kings and Leafs might want.

Bottom line is these two teams have a bit of trouble scoring outside of their stars and are looking to upgrade their top 6, also both teams have deep - and very expensive - D. Both are pushing for the playoffs. So they make poor trading partners without a third team involved.

PHI:
JJ

TOR:
JVR

LAK:
Kulemin+

???

Old
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Richards is beloved in LA. Every player's offensive numbers is stinking it up on the 30th offense in the league. Zero point zero chance Richards is moved. The same goes for Dustin Brown.
Can't see the Kings dealing Richards either, but the idea that the value of a 4th and Hickey is fair for Kulemin and MacArthur is far more ludicrous than anything posted by a Leafs fan in this thread. MacArthur would be leading the Kings in goals scored and does it with less time on ice than any of the Kings big guns, and with less pp time than any of the Kings 1st and 2nd liners. Heck he has about 1/2 the pp time of Kopitar and Brown.

I have no idea if LA has interest in those 2 players but if they do the price is going to be something a lot different than Kings fans are thinking.

Old
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Kulemin is not North South kind of player Callahan is. Call me when Kulemin starts to forecheck. Just because both players take care their own end does not mean they are similar.

I do not care if you are a Ranger fan. You are wrong. Both guys play different styles.

You would trade 1st? So what do you think you will get form Kulemin in playoffs?
He seems like a perfect fit for the playoffs to me. Big, strong, and smart. I think he'd excel. I would also give up a first, 15ish range. I'll take a good, proven player over that pick any day when they're as well rounded as Kulemin is.

I'm not going to argue on the Callahan/Kulemin thing. I'll jusy say that insinuating Kulemin lacking in forecheck is ridiculous.

NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
I mean yeah he plays both ends but overpay? Seriously? His quality ice time was taken away rightfully so cause he misses a lot of chances. Doubt he will ever reach 30 again. Was a fluke last year still has that two way ability. Overpay?

You compared him to Callahan? That right there is flat out ****ing embarrassing. You need to get out more.

Really? lol
Agreed that 30 might have been a fluke, but this year isn't indicative of his goal scoring prowess. He's probably around a 25-25 kinda player, but those are exactly the kind of players that get overpayed for.

Go ask Shark fans if they'd give Clowe away easily.

Old
kfernandes29

Quote:
Kulemin is not North South kind of player Callahan is. Call me when Kulemin starts to forecheck. Just because both players take care their own end does not mean they are similar.

I do not care if you are a Ranger fan. You are wrong. Both guys play different styles.

You would trade 1st? So what do you think you will get form Kulemin in playoffs?
This is crazy.

Who do you think causes all the turnovers that Grabovski and MacArthur benefit from?

Last edited by kfernandes29: 02-03-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old
02-03-2012, 06:58 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Compare to Callahan? lol.. Kulemin does not even know how to spell forecheck comparing to this guy..

Have you seen Callahan forecheck?
Where did I compare their forechecking ability?

Don't twist my words.

Old
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
Maybe a 3 way deal with Philadelphia, since Kings and Leafs both have deep D. Maybe 3 way with a seller like Columbus for Carter. Tampa needs D and a goalie and might give up Malone, who the Kings and Leafs might want.

Bottom line is these two teams have a bit of trouble scoring outside of their stars and are looking to upgrade their top 6, also both teams have deep - and very expensive - D. Both are pushing for the playoffs. So they make poor trading partners without a third team involved.

PHI:
JJ

TOR:
JVR

LAK:
Kulemin+

???
this might work....but would LA trade Jack?

Old
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He seems like a perfect fit for the playoffs to me. Big, strong, and smart. I think he'd excel. I would also give up a first, 15ish range. I'll take a good, proven player over that pick any day when they're as eell rounded as Kulemin is.

I'm not going to argue on the Callahan/Kulemin thing. I'll jusy say that insinuating Kulemin lacking in forecheck is ridiculous.
Most intelligent hockey fans would.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:00 PM
FireEverybody*

forechecking/backchecking is the only things Kulemin has done well constantly this year.

Old
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Compare to Callahan? lol.. Kulemin does not even know how to spell forecheck comparing to this guy..

Have you seen Callahan forecheck?
Yeah I have, you obviously haven't seen Kulemin though. Its not like Callahan is in a whole different league then him, they're both great fore checkers.

Old
Crispy Crust

Quote:

WTF?

Old
02-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
He seems like a perfect fit for the playoffs to me. Big, strong, and smart. I think he'd excel. I would also give up a first, 15ish range. I'll take a good, proven player over that pick any day when they're as eell rounded as Kulemin is.

There is a difference when one guy skates throws a hit and takes teh puck away and another uses his skill trying to pull Pavel Datsyuk. Unsuccessfully.

On Flyers team only Schenn will be able to do what Callahan does on regular basis. I bet Schenn will be even better. A lot of guys "forecheck" but who gets the job done? I'd think twice before comparing any player to Callahan North South game.

Hartnell for instance. He forechecks but he is not even in the same universe when it comes to someone like Calahan.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Just because Callahan is a better fore-checker than Kulemin doesn't mean Kulemin can't fore-check lol.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

PHI:
JJ

TOR:
JVR

LAK:
Kulemin+

???
Cut Toronto out of it and we would make the trade for JVR straight up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Can't see the Kings dealing Richards either, but the idea that the value of a 4th and Hickey is fair for Kulemin and MacArthur is far more ludicrous than anything posted by a Leafs fan in this thread. MacArthur would be leading the Kings in goals scored and does it with less time on ice than any of the Kings big guns, and with less pp time than any of the Kings 1st and 2nd liners. Heck he has about 1/2 the pp time of Kopitar and Brown.

I have no idea if LA has interest in those 2 players but if they do the price is going to be something a lot different than Kings fans are thinking.
He wouldn't be if he had started the season with this team. It's a two way street. The deal can be a lot different than Leaf fans are thinking. Both Burke and Lombardi are very stingy traders. I highly doubt anything comes of this rumor, there is no sense in butting heads over players, it was a simple inquiry. 'Hey, is this player available and what are you looking for? Oh, okay, well let me shop around and get back to you'. That's all.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
There is a difference when one guy skates throws a hit and takes teh puck away and another uses his skill trying to pull Pavel Datsyuk.

On Flyers team only Schenn will be able to do what Callahan does on regular basis. IWit I bet Schenn will be even better. A lot of guys "forecheck" but who gets the job done?
Kulie gets the job done...he's one of the more tenacious forecheckers I've seen this year.

Old
edruga

vCash: 666
Not interested in Kulemin being moved whatsoever.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

It's pretty simple if one of Brown or Richards aren't involved in some sort of package then I see no reason for Burke to trade both Kulemin and Mac.

Ohhh hf wannabe gms laughing lol then we'll keep kulemin and Mac simple as that.

Kings are the ones that need offense and unless we address our size/grit in top 6 it makes no sense to make any changes.

Although I could see Mac traded for a pick.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:06 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
There is a difference when one guy skates throws a hit and takes teh puck away and another uses his skill trying to pull Pavel Datsyuk. Unsuccessfully.

On Flyers team only Schenn will be able to do what Callahan does on regular basis. I bet Schenn will be even better. A lot of guys "forecheck" but who gets the job done? I'd think twice before comparing any player to Callahan North South game.

Hartnell for instance. He forechecks but he is not even in the same universe when it comes to someone like Calahan.
I didn't compare caliber.

Style and results are two separate subjects.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Woll Smoth

Kulemin doesn't forecheck. Just learned something new today. Lmao

Old
02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I didn't compare caliber.

Style and results are two separate subjects.
Style? it's not close. I mean one guy throws 300 hits a season another.. I do not know.. 100?

I mean if you compared Ruutu and Callahan I would agree. Kulemin and Callahan, please no.

What do you say.. Ruutu vs Callahan vs Kulemin? Kulemin caliber does not belong. Right?

Old
02-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Deuce Awesome

Kulemin forechecking is the reason our second line scores 50% of their goals. Not sure if this monkey guy is watching the right channel.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by 705techno View Post
Kulemin forechecking is the reason our second line scores 50% of their goals. Not sure if this monkey guy is watching the right channel.
He's not watching at all. He's one of those guys who can tell everything about a player by looking at their stat sheet on nhl.com.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:17 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Style? it's not close. I mean one guy throws 300 hits a season another.. I do not know.. 100?

I mean if you compared Ruutu and Callahan I would agree. Kulemin and Callahan, please no.

What do you say.. Ruutu vs Callahan vs Kulemin? Kulemin caliber does not belong. Right?
Kulemin is just as good as Ruutu.

Do you understand what the word "style" means, or the context it's being used in? Did I ever compare hitting prowess? Both are well rounded, extremely heady players. Don't see how that is difficult to comprehend.

Old
02-03-2012, 07:17 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:

PHI:
JJ

TOR:
JVR

LAK:
Kulemin+

???
Deal jus include a 2nd rounder from TOR

Old
02-03-2012, 07:20 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Don't make it personal, folks. Last warning.

Closed Thread