HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 2 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 01:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
i would make that deal in a heartbeat. Would love to get Emelin. The comparison to Kasparaitis is a good one.

WFME-- I'm not really deterred by that. I'm not sure how much exposure CBJ and their beat writer have had to the "real Carter." He's been there a short time, and he's been injured most of it. It's basically in a vacuum of badness--you can't really judge him because he "hasn't lifted the Jackets to greatness."

Old
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Too bad hemsky wasn't a less injury prone player, I think erat would love a Czech mate to play with!

Today is my birthday, lol, what a gift it would be if Poile gets Carter or someone today! Make it happen David!!
Happy birthday!

The forsberg trade happened on my birthday (feb 15), that was pretty sweet. Im hoping for another one of those trades on my bday this year. It would make that day alot better because i have 2 tests in school that day, lol.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Happy birthday!

The forsberg trade happened on my birthday (feb 15), that was pretty sweet. Im hoping for another one of those trades on my bday this year. It would make that day alot better because i have 2 tests in school that day, lol.
Is that something to be proud of ?, considering what it lead to ...

Old
02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That would be awesome. Emelin is a human steamroller.

Aaron Portzline had some interesting things to say about Carter in a recent chat with the fans. [Brackets denote editing by me; I hate typos.]

That really reminds me of Arnott, and not in a good way.
when arnott was scoring 30 goals he was a definite plus.

if carter came here and scored 30 a year or more we have plenty of guys to cover his character gap..

Last edited by PredsV82: 02-03-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
predfan24

Quote:

Aaron Portzline had some interesting things to say about Carter in a recent chat with the fans. [Brackets denote editing by me; I hate typos.]

So he expects to get a good return for a guy who by his own admission he doesn't think can be a forward who carries the offense? Who's going to want to pick up a guy who is a third or fourth scoring option when he's s signed for 10 years and about to start making some serious dough?

Old
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
dulzhok

There are three reasons I'd want Carter over Nash: 1) He makes less (2.5m a season), 2) He plays center, and 3) I'll think he'll come cheaper.

We have some decent wingers (Wilson, Erat, Smith, HornQ, Kosistynen, Tootoo, Halishuk, maybe Raudlov). But I'm sick of seeing our makeshift scoringline centers. We need a scoringline center more than a winger.

Columbus would have to covet Lindback to make it work. Hopefully adding Blum and 1st would get it done.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Is that something to be proud of ?, considering what it lead to ...
One of the most exciting days of being a fan of this team was the day we picked up Forsberg. I don't think picking him up lead to anything. Leipold was gone likely no matter what barring a Stanley Cup.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I'll argue that the kariya signing was bigger.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
There are three reasons I'd want Carter over Nash: 1) He makes less (2.5m a season), 2) He plays center, and 3) I'll think he'll come cheaper.
Just to note that's in cap hit only. Next year in real money he will make 1.5 million less, year after that about 1.4, then 1.3, then 1.1, then 900K, then 1 mill, then 1.7 million and then Nash is UFA.

Old
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
maplepred

Thank you!! And that's awesome about the forsberg trade on your bday, you must've been stoked!!!

If nothing happens today, I hope it happens on your bday for sure!! Maybe another flyer trade?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Happy birthday!

Old
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I remember sitting in my car to listen to Eklund on 104.5 The Zone as they broke the Forsberg trade. It had been rumored pretty heavily for a couple of days before that, but I still didn't think one of my all-time favorites would ever land in Nashville. I'm glad I got to see him play, even if he spent his last moments as a Nashville Predator in the penalty box during a playoff series losing effort against the Sharks. Still, I got to see him play quite a few games in a Preds logo. Pretty good memories

Old
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Patiently awaiting splash.
I know what you're thinking Poile.
But no, not this.......

Think Bigger........

Old
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Rumor from NHL Network: Carter/Sanford for Bernier/Stoll

LA would likely have to add another piece IMO, but if Columbus is most interested in a goalie, we can't match that. Bernier is better than every goalie in our system outside of Rinne.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

LA would likely have to add another piece IMO, but if Columbus is most interested in a goalie, we can't match that. Bernier is better than every goalie in our system outside of Rinne.
I still think we could beat that deal.. hope poile makes a play

Old
02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I still think we could beat that deal.. hope poile makes a play
How? We can only offer more quantity. If Columbus simply wants the better goalie, then LA will win.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:47 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Bernier > Any goalie in our system except Rinne. If Columbus is eyeing a netminder as the center piece then LA wins.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:

That's a pretty substantial offer considering LA still needs to add another piece like Voynov. If their first priority is goaltending, Vancouver or LA make better trade partners tbh.

Just thought of something, Richards and Carter in LA....oh dear. They'll drink that place dry.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:17 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
How? We can only offer more quantity. If Columbus simply wants the better goalie, then LA will win.
goalie + defense

if they are simply trading bernier + stoll + picks

ellis maybe?

Old
02-04-2012, 12:05 AM
DarkReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
why? he wouldn't want to play for a team that is tied for 3rd most points in the league?
For the next 10 years? Maybe.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:40 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Bernier > Any goalie in our system except Rinne. If Columbus is eyeing a netminder as the center piece then LA wins.
I know Bernier has beaten us several times but his numbers and Lindbacks aren't that different.

bernier was 11-8 last year and Lindback was 11-5-2.

neither one is getting much time in net this year.

bernier may have a bit of an edge over Lindback straight up but its not huge and when we add Blum I suspect thats much more of what CBJ is looking for than Stoll, who is a pending UFA and presumably just a salary dump

Old
02-04-2012, 08:07 AM
glenngineer

Bernier and Schneider are the two most talked about backups in the league. Regardless of numbers, Bernier as been highly rated for a few years but Quick has been playing pretty lights out so he's never gotten the shot. Lindback came out of nowhere and while a good backup and potential, is not seen in the same light as the other two.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
VFL615*

When Linback plays you have to score more than 4 goals in 4 games. I am sure the hockey brass realize that.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:01 AM
glenngineer

Quote:

And this is why I have not been a proponent of going after Carter. We need a game changer, not just a guy who can score. Top 3 guys can step on the ice and change the game on their own. Forsberg in his prime was a perfect example of that. Obviously guys like Crosby, Malkin, Ovie do this. There are others but if we're going to pay a guy that much, I want a guy who can get it done on his own, a guy who can dominate a shift and lift his team. We don't need anymore passengers.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And this is why I have not been a proponent of going after Carter. We need a game changer, not just a guy who can score. Top 3 guys can step on the ice and change the game on their own. Forsberg in his prime was a perfect example of that. Obviously guys like Crosby, Malkin, Ovie do this. There are others but if we're going to pay a guy that much, I want a guy who can get it done on his own, a guy who can dominate a shift and lift his team. We don't need anymore passengers.
I think you are buying drydens poor-mouthing of carter just a bit much.

"game changers" like you listed just flat out arent available. Even as good as parise is, he isnt a game changer like Crosby, malkin or Ovechkin.

If a "passenger" can score 30+ goals every year, then I say hop on for the ride... we have plenty of character guys, all we need is some shlub to put the freaking puck in the net every couple or three games on a consistent basis

I would argue that we dont need a game changer so much as we need consistency. We need someone who isnt going to have long scoring droughts(yes I am looking at you leggy, sergei and marty...)

Adding a guy like carter means we are unlikely to have many games where we score zero or one goal. And we know with pekka, if we score two, we usually get points...

we arent gonna find a 40-50 goal guy... but a consistent 30 goal guy added to the mix we already have makes us a truly difficult team to beat

Old
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I know Bernier has beaten us several times but his numbers and Lindbacks aren't that different.

bernier was 11-8 last year and Lindback was 11-5-2.

neither one is getting much time in net this year.

bernier may have a bit of an edge over Lindback straight up but its not huge and when we add Blum I suspect thats much more of what CBJ is looking for than Stoll, who is a pending UFA and presumably just a salary dump
Bernier has better stats over 41 games played and 4 NHL seasons (compared to Lindback's 32 GP and 2 NHL seasons). Mix that in with LA being out of division and Nashville being in division.

I guess it really depends on what Columbus is looking for in a netminder

Closed Thread