HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#52 Quick @ Blues, 2/3/12 ... he can't do it by himself ? and we lose.

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Not too many teams win in St. Louis. Second best home record in the league.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Funny - I thought that was math....
He's on to me

In all seriousness, the Kings did not play that bad. Just have no finish. Story of the year, I know.

Was really impressed with Brown tonight. Uses his wheels, driving the net, STICKING UP FOR TEAMMATES, starting a scrum, hitting again. He needs to keep playing like that.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:18 PM
acrethrills

I thought Cliffy played well tonight. Brown was decent. Doughty was bad on the GW but decent otherwise. Scud's was terrible, Hunter did nothing, and Penner and Stoll looked as bad as they have all year.

We have maybe 2-3 forwards who consistently frustrate me... everybody else looks hungry and is at least getting pucks on net. Penner is just as bad as Ponikarovski (sp?) last year. I'm worried that maybe we aren't just one scoring winger away...

But it's easy to be negative after a 1-0 loss. Karma from Wednesday maybe?

Old
02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
acrethrills

wouldn't mind seeing martinez in for scuderi for a game or two. I usually think scuds is a steadfast, reliable guy but the last few games he's dropped off considerably. Voynov continues to impress.

What the hell is wrong with Doughty's shot? He winds up slower than anyone I've ever seen.... It's like a Charles Barkley golf swing at this point.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Great performance by Halak, great defensive team in St. Louis, and a great home team, first game on the road. Not going to win em all. Especially not with a lot of that stacked against ya.

Effort was there. The sky is not falling and the team doesn't need to be blow up. Move along folks.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

What part of the game did the Kings play decent tonight? I must have missed it because I saw nothing even close to it.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
sjmay*

Warning:

Do not read this is you expected any of the following; Kings to go 82-0, Kings to score 500 goals this season while allowing 41, Opposing teams to never show up and play a great game of their own.

Now, having gotten rid of 95% of you,

That was one helluva entertaining game, Halak made 3 game changing saves, he was absolutely brilliant tonight. Quick was fighting the puck and over compensated on the 2-1 that Doughty and Scuderi ****ed the dog on.

Clifford looked great on that 2nd line, he was coming out with speed, he has to work on handling the puck with speed, but give him a few years, he might be a version of Brown coming up through the ranks.

Lewis and Richardson did the best they could with Stoll, for a while I was laughing at the meltdowns everyone had over Stoll, and while I still laugh at the melodramatic schizophrenic patheticness of this board when it comes to winning and losing, I expect Stoll to be traded by the deadline, probably to the Leafs.

Kopitar was fine out there, he made some great defensive plays, and took what St. Louis gave him, Richards started out slow and came on as the game went along. Penner was fine as was Williams...

Booo hooo we lost 1-0 to a solid team, it was a great game to watch.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:34 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
The Kings were supposed to be a solid team after 5+ years of "expert" building by DL. I'm not seeing it now. They have flashes of solidity, but nothing consistent...

Old
02-03-2012, 10:37 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
The Kings were supposed to be a solid team after 5+ years of "expert" building by DL. I'm not seeing it now. They have flashes of solidity, but nothing consistent...
LOL yes, because building a hockey team is just like making a drink, just add water, and stir...

Old
02-03-2012, 10:41 PM
DontgoZiggy

I only caught the end of the game, but according to the box score Richards only played about 16 minutes, same against the BJs. Is he still affected by the concussion? I'd rather see more of him and less of Stoll, Lokti and Fraser.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Warning:

Do not read this is you expected any of the following; Kings to go 82-0, Kings to score 500 goals this season while allowing 41, Opposing teams to never show up and play a great game of their own.

That was one helluva entertaining game, Halak made 3 game changing saves, he was absolutely brilliant tonight. Quick was fighting the puck and over compensated on the 2-1 that Doughty and Scuderi ****ed the dog on.

Clifford looked great on that 2nd line, he was coming out with speed, he has to work on handling the puck with speed, but give him a few years, he might be a version of Brown coming up through the ranks.

Lewis and Richardson did the best they could with Stoll, for a while I was laughing at the meltdowns everyone had over Stoll, and while I still laugh at the melodramatic schizophrenic patheticness of this board when it comes to winning and losing, I expect Stoll to be traded by the deadline, probably to the Leafs. OR SABRES

Kopitar was fine out there, he made some great defensive plays, and took what St. Louis gave him, Richards started out slow and came on as the game went along. Penner was fine as was Williams...

Amen to this. It was a real good game. Halak was playing like his all-star counter part.

and see the bolded edit. Sabres need a center REAL bad also.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quick was great, no surprise there.

Kopi was invisible.

Stoll sucks.

I didn't really notice Richards.

Brown, Fraser, and Williams need to learn how to lift the puck.

Overall, a pretty dull game. There was just no effort by LA and the Blues took advantage of that. I would love to start losing 5-6 again. At least the game would be exciting and fun to watch unlike what I saw tonight.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Just wanted to say that even TM couldnt have come up with a worse second line to start a game. I thought the lines have been fine. I dont understand the change.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Elever
Hth

This has to be a record for amount of games wher a goalie has let in 1 goal and lost (Jon Quick). Can anyone fact check it before making a main board thread lol.

EDIT: It's actually only 2 and one OT loss with a goal allowed so probably not a record but the season isn't old yet.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:37 PM
johnjm22

Sutter hockey looks an awful lot like Murray hockey....and that's the main problem IMO.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Warning:

wow. Who's over reacting now?

Kopitar should be scoring a bit more - you know, offense. Maybe that's just me though?

Old
02-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

No, he can go game after game without scoring, it doesn't matter I guess...

Seriously though, for 6.8 million I expect more than some good defensive plays for multiple games at a time. The offense is supposed to start with him, and it is not. I also expect him to make St. Louis give him more than whatever he has to work with. He's that kind of talent and needs to get it together and be more forceful. At his pay level, this isn't acceptable every season.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Warning:

Lewis and Richardson did the best they could with Stoll, for a while I was laughing at the meltdowns everyone had over Stoll, and while I still laugh at the melodramatic schizophrenic patheticness of this board when it comes to winning and losing, I expect Stoll to be traded by the deadline, probably to the Leafs.

You must be very easily amused. I'm also convinced you've only been a fan of hockey and the Kings for about 2-3 years, because it seems like you've obviously never seen ACTUAL entertaining hockey.

Halak made 3 good saves, and Quick made a couple too. Ok, that accounts for about 30 seconds of the game. For the other 59:30 the Kings couldn't complete two passes in a row, had absolutely no forcheck, no pressure, no cohesion, no anything. That's not entertaining. Maybe if I was a Blues fan I would have found it to be a better game, but this is a Kings board. I don't enjoy watching my team play poorly, just the same as I don't want to watch another man sleep with my girlfriend.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:10 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
You must be very easily amused. I'm also convinced you've only been a fan of hockey and the Kings for about 2-3 years, because it seems like you've obviously never seen ACTUAL entertaining hockey.

Halak made 3 good saves, and Quick made a couple too. Ok, that accounts for about 30 seconds of the game. For the other 59:30 the Kings couldn't complete two passes in a row, had absolutely no forcheck, no pressure, no cohesion, no anything. That's not entertaining. Maybe if I was a Blues fan I would have found it to be a better game, but this is a Kings board. I don't enjoy watching my team play poorly, just the same as I don't want to watch another man sleep with my girlfriend.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
sjmay*

Quote:

Where can I start with this one and not get any infractions?

Pretty sure I've played in entertaining games, I've damn sure officiated in entertaining games, but yea, I'm a new fan to the game who would NEVER EVER EVER enjoy a 1-0 game with good hard hitting, and stellar defense, I mean...the horror....

As far as the other guys who want more offense out of Kopitar, absolutely, but it is a TEAM sport for a reason....and according to what...99.9% of the posters here, Kopitar has never had someone to play with, so it's pretty easy to shut him down...

I know you guys want him to go all King Kong and dance through all 5 defenders twice while pulling a Slap shot strip tease and the triple deke while he scores a young blood goal and all.....and this has to happen once a period at least otherwise you guys are gonna be crying how overpaid he is and all....

But when he can't do that, I am absolutely fine with him making great defensive plays...

Old
02-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Ya know St. Louis is the best defensive team in hockey right? It's not a fluke we seemingly couldn't get anything going...a lot of teams don't. Not to mention they are a beast at home.

i mean I am not voiding the kings of all their woes...but come the **** on dude. Be reasonable about this before you act like the sky is falling in this game.

I swear this board has more mood swings then a 15 year old fat girl on anti-depressants.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:06 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Well, I guess DL and co. will be happy that some fans enjoy Kings loss...

Old
02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Just wanted to say that even TM couldnt have come up with a worse second line to start a game. I thought the lines have been fine. I dont understand the change.
I agree. Didn't like the line changes. Although Clifford played a good game I thought swamping Stoll for Loktionov and Hunter/Westgarth for Clifford hurt the 3rd and 4th lines. I think that was part of our problem tonight.

I think Sutter realized that as he started throwing every possible line together there could be in the 3rd period.

Hopefully Lokti is back out there tomorrow. He hasn't been getting production which is frustrating but he's been providing energy. That Richie/Lokti/Lewis line seem to always be on the door step of a goal. I say keep with it (cause frankly we don't have a better option) Eventually the gates will open for that line.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:55 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Everything is fine, people. Relax.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:03 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Points needed for playoffs - 90 (30 more in 30 games, 15-15 record).
Points needed to move up to #6 spot - 102 (42 more, 21-9 record, .700 pct)
Points needed to move up to #5 spot - 105 (45 more, 22-7-1 record, .750 pct)
Points needed to win the Pacific - 108 (48 more, 24-6 record, .800 pct)

Current SPP (Sutter Points Percentage) - .684.
Projected finish at that pace: 41 more points, 101 total... tied with Chicago for 6th place.

Closed Thread