HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autograph Signings

Old
02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
tntkid

vCash: 500
When the Flyers were in town this season they were all really nice for signing & posing for photos.
Danny Briere, Scott Hartnell & Claude Giroux were awesome to fans.

The only team that was absolutely awful for signing was the Bruins.
Some players actually got really angry if you even approached them for an autograph.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:19 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
When the Flyers were in town this season they were all really nice for signing & posing for photos.
Danny Briere, Scott Hartnell & Claude Giroux were awesome to fans.

The only team that was absolutely awful for signing was the Bruins.
Some players actually got really angry if you even approached them for an autograph.
All of the Bruins aside from Seguin, Marchand, Horton and Thornton were cool. I kinda had it out with Seguin, he was pretty pissed off when I called him out lol. **** that dude.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:36 AM
tntkid

Seguin was by far the worst person that I have ever met in the NHL.

On multiple occasions he turned fans down by either completely ignoring them or swearing at them for just breathing his air.
Seeing him acting nice at all star weekend in Ottawa was quite comical.

The only guys on Boston that were cool were Milan Lucic & Timmy Thomas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
All of the Bruins aside from Seguin, Marchand, Horton and Thornton were cool. I kinda had it out with Seguin, he was pretty pissed off when I called him out lol. **** that dude.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:07 PM
BeCar9

Wayne Simmonds will be at the Willow Grove Mall (Dynasty Sports) on February 17th from 6:30-8:00. You can call and order tix (215)-657-3131

BeCar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:19 PM
cheddar56

Saw this thread and had to join the boards. Im gonna try to upload a picture. My mother made my father and I quilts out of the tshirt giveaways from the playoffs the past few years.

I've got it signed by Talbot and Schultz so far, and my goal (legacy?) is to get it signed by anyone who has played for the Flyers.

So I have a couple questions:

Most of the autograph sessions at stores list two rates, one for pucks and photos, one for jerseys and equipment, so I would guess i'd pay the higher price?

I have season tickets, so I get to go to the meet the team and all that, and the carnival for the first time this year, but have made it a habit to go for quantity not quality in autographs, and usually end up with several players but not the "big names". Would it make sense to go and grab more of the "non stars" out and about (example: on the 17th I could swing SImmonds, Mez, and Bourdon for $60 and a little driving) and then suck it up and wait in line for the star players when they are free and not $60-90 (really Jagr?).

Any tips would be appreciated, I also plan to stalk Chickie and Petes on wednesday nights as they have people there sometimes too for Clements radio show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quilt.jpg‎ (74.3 KB, 31 views)

cheddar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Your mom is a hero.

02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
cheddar56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Your mom is a hero.
Thanks! I'm trying to convince my dad that she deserves to go to the carnival also to get a little ego bump from people who see it. When I was showing people at the alumni game people asked to take pictures of it. I think that would be awesome for other people to give her an 'attagirl. Talbot asked her to make him one and she said no, it took her almost a year for those two.

The Flyers Wives have one that the same concept, but its not put together nearly as nice, and they all signed the back. What good is it as a wall hanging if its signed on the back?

Old
02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar56 View Post
Saw this thread and had to join the boards. Im gonna try to upload a picture. My mother made my father and I quilts out of the tshirt giveaways from the playoffs the past few years.

I've got it signed by Talbot and Schultz so far, and my goal (legacy?) is to get it signed by anyone who has played for the Flyers.

So I have a couple questions:

Most of the autograph sessions at stores list two rates, one for pucks and photos, one for jerseys and equipment, so I would guess i'd pay the higher price?

I have season tickets, so I get to go to the meet the team and all that, and the carnival for the first time this year, but have made it a habit to go for quantity not quality in autographs, and usually end up with several players but not the "big names". Would it make sense to go and grab more of the "non stars" out and about (example: on the 17th I could swing SImmonds, Mez, and Bourdon for $60 and a little driving) and then suck it up and wait in line for the star players when they are free and not $60-90 (really Jagr?).

Any tips would be appreciated, I also plan to stalk Chickie and Petes on wednesday nights as they have people there sometimes too for Clements radio show.

best way is to find out when practices are and when they are over you can usually wait while they drive away and get sigs for free. btw get simmonds at the carnival its 5 dollars cheaper i believe

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
cheddar56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
best way is to find out when practices are and when they are over you can usually wait while they drive away and get sigs for free. btw get simmonds at the carnival its 5 dollars cheaper i believe
I'd feel like a 16 year old chick if I was chasing cars in the parking lot haha. And yeah simmonds is cheaper, but thats why I'm kicking ideas around. If he has a long line at the carnival I can get two other people, so the $5 saves me half an hour...

Anyways, great thread, and I'd recommend everyone following chickie and petes on fb cause they do the radio show every wednesday, and sometimes guys are there for free. Mostly Alumni, but current players have been on.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
pughater

do whats best for you. ive been to a few of these and i dont ever remember longs being long for the no presold players. so you should be fine. ill be at the mez and bourdon signing too. the same place had simmonds, read, rinaldo, harry z and giroux there. they also hosted the lindros and leclair signing.

btw dont chase the cars just stand by the exit. its easier thats where they leave

Old
02-08-2012, 10:36 AM
pughater

Anyone going to see Giroux and JVR at Dynasty sports tonight?

Old
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
cheddar56

Im passing on tonight. Found a couple from "mjr sports"

JVR
The Sports Depot located at
610 Blackhorse Pike
Runnemede, NJ

JVR Autographs
Basic- $30
Premium- $40

Briere
Pro Image at the Neshaminy Mall
March 2nd, 2012
From 6-8PM

ANY ITEM- $40.00

Old
02-08-2012, 11:18 PM
s3x

Stopped by the Dynasty Sports signing today to get a game-used stick signed and a one-of-one licensed print. Dynasty made the mistake of letting the group for the first half hour take their time with photos, conversations, and handshakes... until realizing it was taking way too long forcing them to rush everyone else through for the rest of the signing. This was unfortunate because many people, like myself, had items they wanted signed with their own pens/markers but were being moved along too quickly...

Well, that becomes a big problem when everyone and their mother brought Winter Classic jerseys to be signed on the felt numbers in silver sharpie, which ruins the tip for anything else but the felt numbers. Case in point: my game-used stick. I had a paint pen ready to hand to G but as I was giving it to him he had already taken the initiative to sign it with the same silver sharpie he had just signed God-knows-how-many Winter Classic jerseys with... The result? An absolute sham. He was nice enough to recognize his mistake and "go over" his signature again with my paint pen, but it looks like a hack job. Thankfully, my one-of-one print was done second.

Anyway, I hate to sound like a total snob but memorabilia shops need to realize how many tickets they are selling and time it appropriately. 300+ people for one hour time slot and you let the first half hour take photos, etc? Not good for the rest of the line! I wasn't the only one who received a shoddy signature... One poor girl was in tears because the Giroux signature on her photo barely showed up with the dried out silver sharpie he was using... and she had brought her own marker but was too nervous to ask him to do it again

It was a good event overall and obviously I am grateful that they took the time to do the signing...

The flash kind of washed out the photo sig, but it looks amazing. G looks happy.

Last edited by s3x: 02-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.
s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Stopped by the Dynasty Sports signing today to get a game-used stick signed and a one-of-one licensed print. Dynasty made the mistake of letting the group for the first half hour take their time with photos, conversations, and handshakes... until realizing it was taking way too long forcing them to rush everyone else through for the rest of the signing. This was unfortunate because many people, like myself, had items they wanted signed with their own pens/markers but were being moved along too quickly...

Well, that becomes a big problem when everyone and their mother brought Winter Classic jerseys to be signed on the felt numbers in silver sharpie, which ruins the tip for anything else but the felt numbers. Case in point: my game-used stick. I had a paint pen ready to hand to G but as I was giving it to him he had already taken the initiative to sign it with the same silver sharpie he had just signed God-knows-how-many Winter Classic jerseys with... The result? An absolute sham. He was nice enough to take recognize his mistake and "go over" his signature again with my paint pen, but it looks like a hack job. Thankfully, my one-of-one print was done second.

Anyway, I hate to sound like a total snob but memorabilia shops need to realize how many tickets they are selling and time it appropriately. 300+ people for one hour time slot and you let the first half hour take photos, etc? Not good for the rest of the line! I wasn't the only one who received shoddy signatures... One poor girl was in tears because the Giroux signature on her photo barely showed up with the dried out silver sharpie he was using... and she had brought her own marker but was too nervous to ask him to do it again

It was a good event overall and obviously I am grateful that they took the time to do the signing...

The flash kind of washed out the photo sig, but it looks amazing. G looks happy.

hey you were like 3 people right behind me.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
s3x

Quote:
hey you were like 3 people right behind me.
Nice, hope you had a better experience! I am not trying to complain, just hope shops take notice on better ways to work these signings. It was fun and glad everyone got to get what they wanted signed. I know other athletes would have just left when time was up.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM
pughater

i had 8 things to get signed and rushed through i had to go through a second time to get my last item signed

Old
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
cheddar56

That's why I dove into this thread. I need a quilt signed. With the right marker, etc. The weather scare kept me home tonight, but on fabric, it's one and done. Hazards by choice I guess

Old
02-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
i had 8 things to get signed and rushed through i had to go through a second time to get my last item signed
eight things? jeeze.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:00 AM
pughater

i had 4 combo tickets. most of the things were xmas presents.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:11 AM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar56 View Post
... but on fabric, it's one and done. Hazards by choice I guess
Just make sure you're either one of the first few or one of the last and you should be fine. Get stuck in the middle and you're just a marker for how much longer they have to sit there.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:26 AM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Just make sure you're either one of the first few or one of the last and you should be fine. Get stuck in the middle and you're just a marker for how much longer they have to sit there.
are you going to the bourdon mez signing or simmonds.

ive gone to a few of the popple signings and they never rush people there and photos after signing

Old
02-09-2012, 01:18 AM
s3x

Quote:
are you going to the bourdon mez signing or simmonds.

ive gone to a few of the popple signings and they never rush people there and photos after signing

Nah. Believe it or not, I'm not much of a signing guy... but if I do something, I try to do it right. I decided to go because my best friend really wanted to get his Giroux jersey signed and I had some items so thought why not. Aside from the hoopla surrounding the WC... getting Schenn to sign my WC ticket and LCB to sign my WC alumni ticket, the last autograph I got was from JVR at Stone Harbor, and then Lindros when I was 10 years old at the old Spectrum Ovations restaurant.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

At the carnival i'm assuming they won't let you bring your own sharpie/pen/etc., right? If they will and for other autograph sessions if I want to get my MegaTicket what is the best option for getting a nice clean signature? I have tickets for Jagr, Giroux, and Briere at the Carnival and will probably be going to Read's on the 17th near my house. Goal is to get every player on the team to sign it at one point or another but that might be tough with players like MAB and Harry Z being sent down. Not to mention the looming trade deadline.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Andreas Lilja and Tom Sestito 2/29 at Carl's Cards in Havertown.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
At the carnival i'm assuming they won't let you bring your own sharpie/pen/etc., right? If they will and for other autograph sessions if I want to get my MegaTicket what is the best option for getting a nice clean signature? I have tickets for Jagr, Giroux, and Briere at the Carnival and will probably be going to Read's on the 17th near my house. Goal is to get every player on the team to sign it at one point or another but that might be tough with players like MAB and Harry Z being sent down. Not to mention the looming trade deadline.

That's the thing -- they'll let you use your own pen, you just have to be deliberate about it. I'd go with a silver metallic PAINT pen (NOT Sharpie) for the megaticket (paint is opaque and will pop evenly on any colored background but Sharpie will bleed through). Don't use Sharpie paint pens -- they are the worst and are essentially one and done (the tips dry out immediately). Decocolor makes the best, IMO. If you want everyone to sign it, go with the fine tip. Order multiple because the pens need to be primed just before use (prime it on some posterboard right before you're up for your autograph and make sure it's ready to hand it to them BEFORE you give them your item) and ever so often you get a faulty tip that doesn't saturate the paint (case in point -- last night, I had another color paint pen that I wanted to use on the stick but the tip wasn't picking up the paint, it was just dripping out the side).

Last edited by s3x: 02-09-2012 at 11:14 AM.