HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leaf fans making the trip to ottawa Feb 4th

Old
02-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Pyrophorus

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
I'd say not worth it to drive to the quebec side, the gas you'll waste will ruin the savings on beer. Plus you have to drive quite a bit, if you stop anywhere near the border they have the prices jacked up (they love ripping off anglophones and 18 year olds).
I've never found the booze on the other side of the river to be cheaper.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81inblueandwhite View Post
will be there with 3 others from toronto

edit: on a side note, a bit of stretch but i have 4 tickets in section 304 Row F, i would love to trade for 4 together in the lower bowl, will pay the difference in face value..the face value is $80 per ticket...let me know..not bad if you are already going to the game and want to pocket somethign like $300-400!
You're not looking at that much for an upgrade. Ottawa is a very cheap city and Sens fans are the cheapest. Back in 08 I had lower bowl mid ice tickets for sale in the playoffs and was lucky to get 75 a ticket (face was 150)

Be careful buying off of a third person though, we have had issues with people selling tickets and then getting a refund which makes the tickets bird lining

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
I've never found the booze on the other side of the river to be cheaper.
Beer is, 24 packs for 20.99 or 21.99. Plus corner stores have sales and promotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
I just plugged in the starting and ending points on the trip planner and it said 1 hour 19 minutes.

I'd love to hear your solution to cut it to 30 minutes. i.e. what bus and where to transfer
That's about right with traffic and such, takes longer than 30 minutes by car for god sakes

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote