Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Viktor Crus-Rydberg (2013)

Old
11-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Hockeyfrilla

vCash: 500
Viktor Crus-Rydberg (2013)

VCR seems to be struggling abit after moving to LHC. Only 3 games in SuperElit, sure 7+5 in J18 Elit is pretty good. I often see him ranked high in the 2013 draft, overhyped?

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
BPilgrim

Well, he played already last year in SuperElit and scored a few goals for a weak Tingsryd. Could've probably scored more for LHC if given the same role but I don't think it's necessarily negative for him to play a key role in J18 instead.

Even though he hasn't produced huge numbers in J18 he has been solid and for example scored 4 goals short handed. I've seen him quite a few games this season and he's got nifty moves and good speed but doesn't dominate the games like the hype might suggest. Maybe we should give him another couple of months to prove himself.

BPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:05 PM
B Boarding

Crus-Rydberg seems to be heating up. 5 GP 7G 3A 10pts so far in J18 Allsvenskan. Anybody seen him play lately? He is maybe the swedish prospect with the most raw potential IMO, so I'm really interested how he's doing. He had a first half of the season that was below my expectations though.

B Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Crus-Rydberg seems to be heating up. 5 GP 7G 3A 10pts so far in J18 Allsvenskan. Anybody seen him play lately? He is maybe the swedish prospect with the most raw potential IMO, so I'm really interested how he's doing. He had a first half of the season that was below my expectations though.
I've seen him play three of those games and he has been outstanding. Scored a hattrick in his comeback against Västerås but more impressive was his two two-goal games against Rögle and Frölunda which are both solid teams. He has some a great skill set obviously but it's his vision that impresses me most. He also seem to have that aura around him that gives him the extra second compared to other players.

He could probably use his shot more and work on his speed. One thing that has surprised me with him (not these three games but since he moved to Linköping) is his responsibility and work ethic defensively. I think he will turn into a two-way center as senior player.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
WayneBruce

Should he not play in the Superelit soon?

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
B Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPilgrim View Post
I've seen him play three of those games and he has been outstanding. Scored a hattrick in his comeback against Västerås but more impressive was his two two-goal games against Rögle and Frölunda which are both solid teams. He has some a great skill set obviously but it's his vision that impresses me most. He also seem to have that aura around him that gives him the extra second compared to other players.

He could probably use his shot more and work on his speed. One thing that has surprised me with him (not these three games but since he moved to Linköping) is his responsibility and work ethic defensively. I think he will turn into a two-way center as senior player.

I have only seen him play in TV-pucken 1,5 years ago. But I was blows away by his vision and ability to create time and space for him self. Reminded me A LOT about Backstrom. Better shooter though.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
B Boarding

Quote:

Nice to hear that he's getting defensively responsible as well. Why do you think he started off the season so (relatively) bad? Did he enter the season out of shape or had a nagging injury? Or did he perhaps have difficulties to adapt to LHC:s more defensive style of hockey?

Old
02-02-2012, 03:03 AM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Should he not play in the Superelit soon?
He could've played for J20 the entire season but the coaches wanted him to have a leading role in J18 and get big minutes every night instead. LHC seems to be quite apprehensive when it comes to moving players up age-wise. I don't think they would let, for example, a kid born 97 play for J18 no matter how much he dominated U16. If this is a good or bad thing I don't know but seems to de-hype a few players (Nermark, Crus).

Old
02-02-2012, 03:18 AM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Nice to hear that he's getting defensively responsible as well. Why do you think he started off the season so (relatively) bad? Did he enter the season out of shape or had a nagging injury? Or did he perhaps have difficulties to adapt to LHC:s more defensive style of hockey?
I think he had his mind set on playing SuperElit when he came and when he "only" got to play J18 Elit he was probably a bit disappointed. And, from what I've heard, he wasn't as fit as coaches had expected so I think they worked pretty hard with him which may have effected his game also.

Now LHC J20 has loaned Victor Jigmalm to Hästen which might open a spot for a center from J18 if there's an injury or something later on, but I don't know how the coaches think about this.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:40 AM
SChan*

LHC is not a good enviroment for prospects

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:31 AM
B Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
LHC is not a good enviroment for prospects

At least not for forward prospects so far. I have yet to see them develop a really good forward. Maybe they are putting to much focus on tactical trap hockey on their forwards in a too young age. This was one of the reasons why prospects developed poorly in Swedish hockey up until about 5 years ago or so.

They seemed to have done a good job with Gunnarsson, Dahlbeck and Bäckman though. They all seem to be exceeding expectations.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:38 AM
IT

Quote:
I think he had his mind set on playing SuperElit when he came and when he "only" got to play J18 Elit he was probably a bit disappointed. And, from what I've heard, he wasn't as fit as coaches had expected so I think they worked pretty hard with him which may have effected his game also.

Now LHC J20 has loaned Victor Jigmalm to Hästen which might open a spot for a center from J18 if there's an injury or something later on, but I don't know how the coaches think about this.
That center spot should be handed to Bristedt imo. Go-to-guy on the team and on of the better offensive players in the country out of the 95 class. VCR needs to improve his speed much like Liljendahl in order to elevate his play but hopefully that will come with time.

Linkoping, Djurgarden and Brynas are the teams that are reluctant to give really young players a shoot at J20, players have to work they way upwards. Given the track record of Djurgarden and Brynas it seems about right.

IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:35 PM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
That center spot should be handed to Bristedt imo. Go-to-guy on the team and on of the better offensive players in the country out of the 95 class. VCR needs to improve his speed much like Liljendahl in order to elevate his play but hopefully that will come with time.

Linkoping, Djurgarden and Brynas are the teams that are reluctant to give really young players a shoot at J20, players have to work they way upwards. Given the track record of Djurgarden and Brynas it seems about right.
Bristedt played a few games in SuperElit and might be ahead of Crus in pecking order. When both Crus and Vrana were injured he really stepped up and led the team, being pretty much the only one producing offensively. He also had a great world under 17 tournament. Thus, I wouldn't argue if he's ahead of Crus for J20.

Old
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
CC87

Please excuse my ignorance as I am learning, but, what is the difference between J18 Elit, and J18 Allsvenskan?

Also, was VCR left off the U17 team in Windsor due to injury, or his play?

Thank you.

CC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:08 AM
WayneBruce

He is apparently playing on the Superelit team today.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:20 AM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC87 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance as I am learning, but, what is the difference between J18 Elit, and J18 Allsvenskan?

Also, was VCR left off the U17 team in Windsor due to injury, or his play?

Thank you.
J18 Elit has 4 divisions which are based on region, every division has 12 teams. There's north, south, east and west. Top 5 teams from every division qualifies for Allsvenskan which only has two divisions, north (teams from north and east) and south (teams from south and west), both containing ten teams. So Allsvenskan is a higher level of play than Elit.

VCR was probably left out because of an injury, but he had been cut from an earlier national team selection because of his play.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:11 AM
B Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
He is apparently playing on the Superelit team today.
And he finished the game with one primary assist. Nice to see.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
CC87

Quote:
J18 Elit has 4 divisions which are based on region, every division has 12 teams. There's north, south, east and west. Top 5 teams from every division qualifies for Allsvenskan which only has two divisions, north (teams from north and east) and south (teams from south and west), both containing ten teams. So Allsvenskan is a higher level of play than Elit.

VCR was probably left out because of an injury, but he had been cut from an earlier national team selection because of his play.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

CC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:16 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Can anyone update of VCR?

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:39 PM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
Can anyone update of VCR?
He had a solid season although maybe not as dominating as he could have. He got the chance to play some minutes with the mens team but only in pre-season and practice games. He was forced to take on a more defensive role for a big part of the year which I think had a negative effect on his scoring and Linköping J20 had a shaky season with a lot of ups and downs. I still think he was one of the more consistent players on the team. He has to wok on speed which is more apparent in international games, but his vision and passing game is great. Next season will be interesting for him since he should probably be on the verge of making the mens team in Elitserien when injuries/suspensions.

He will attend the scouting combine and there's a small article (in swedish) about that here: http://lhcidag.se/vcr-inbjuden-till-...uting-combine/

Old
06-06-2013, 09:04 PM
MJP

Where do you guys see him getting drafted? It sounds like when he's on, hes filthy.

MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:54 PM
WTFMAN99

Right now looks to be a 3rd-4th rounder? I'd love to get him for the Leafs.

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:45 AM
seafoam
Surface Envy

vCash: 974
Well, he's an Islanders prospect now. It seems like he's going to need a lot of time to develop and the Isles can offer that.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:02 AM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Well, he's an Islanders prospect now. It seems like he's going to need a lot of time to develop and the Isles can offer that.
I believe he is a very good pick at 136. He was a wonderkid som years ago but has stagnated a bit - still got high potential though.

I guess the biggest knock is the skating. Nothing wrong with his skills and vision and he works hard. From what i got from the pre-draft tests he was impressive in the physical tests too.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
seafoam
Surface Envy

vCash: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
I believe he is a very good pick at 136. He was a wonderkid som years ago but has stagnated a bit - still got high potential though.

I guess the biggest knock is the skating. Nothing wrong with his skills and vision and he works hard. From what i got from the pre-draft tests he was impressive in the physical tests too.
Thanks for the write up!

Do you know what the status of his contract is and where he will be playing next year?

Also, any idea on what his NHL upside is, and will he eventually end up on the wing?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote