HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I don't know or care how many shots they average. Carter isn't going to affect the scoring of the other Kings wingers though. He will be taking the minutes of whoever he's replacing (likely Penner and/or Stoll). Whoever is behind him will still get the same chances.

And if he lowers the numbers of his linemates, at this point i don't care. he still brings 30-40+ goals and that alone will make up for any drop he causes his linemates.

Frankly I wonder if you and SeventyX aren't the same posters. Say basically the same stuff about Carter as Flyers fans and you just joined the boards...

Hate to disappoint you, only one username on here. Guess I'm not the only person on the planet who doesn't like Carter.
He is my new favorite poster; although the whole shot argument thing I'm not exactly following.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
What would u guys say to a Nash for Richards deal?

Old
02-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Doubt we want to disrupt our centers. Would rather add a winger than trade Kopitar or Richards. They are cemented as first and second line centers for the foreseeable future.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-04-2012, 01:14 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Big time pass. Not even something I'd consider, even remotely.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
I dont think you would have anyone that could center the second line for you, if you traded richards.

Playing him with stoll and penner is so unfair. Stoll and penner on the third line would be great however.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:26 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Check Carter's final games as a Flyer. Towards the end of the season Carter's ice time dropped to as low as 15 minutes some games. In the playoffs Carter averaged 15:15 minutes a game. He was a 3rd line player. .
Hmm, lets see, Buffalo series first. Game one Carter was the second line RW on a line with JVR and Giroux and played 18:05. Game two he was on the second line with Nodl and Giroux and played 18:07. Game three he was on the second line with Shelley and Giroux and played 16:12 (with a goal and an assist). Game 4 he was on the second line with JVR and Giroux and played 6:00 because HE GOT HURT! Games 5, 6, and 7 he didn't play due to injury.

Carter missed the first two games of the Bruins series due to injury. In game 3 he played on the third line with Versteeg, Mike Richards, and played 16:41. Quote on Carter's condition going into game 3, "all indication are Carter will play in some limited capacity. Lavy said he "looked good." Carter did not push it at skate in any way". In game 4 Carter was on the first line with Richards and Versteeg and he played 16:25.

In six playoff games Carter was on the first line once, the second line four times and the third line once. The only time Carter was on the third line, he was centered by Mike *** Richards. The reason Carter's average minutes for the playoffs were so low was because he only played six minutes in game 4 of the Buffalo series due to injury. Carter is NOT a third line player!

With all that said, what exactly is your agenda?

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 02-04-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old
02-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Maciver63

Thoughts on JC.................

vCash: 500 Jeff Carter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just throwin out there..........

I know that he is going to cost a very pretty penny and I know that his contract is just this side of DiPietro and that we are set at Centre but if you need some numbers.........

- averaged 36 goals per year over the last 4 years
- is just entering his prime
- signed a "home town" deal with Philly
- does have a modified NTC as of 2015-16
- contract comes down in a big way in actual dollars in the last 3 years
- you have never had so many bargaining chips to get the deal done
- you would pay a consistent 36-goal scorer $5.27m in a heartbeat right now - think how much of a deal that would be in 2016,17,18,19,20,21...........

Old
02-04-2012, 01:47 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Hmm, lets see, Buffalo series first. Game one Carter was the second line RW on a line with JVR and Giroux and played 18:05. Game two he was on the second line with Nodl and Giroux and played 18:07. Game three he was on the second line with Shelley and Giroux and played 16:12 (with a goal and an assist). Game 4 he was on the second line with JVR and Giroux and played 6:00 because HE GOT HURT! Games 5, 6, and 7 he didn't play do to injury.

Carter missed the first two games of the Bruins series do to injury. In game 3 he played on the third line with Versteeg, Mike Richards, and played 16:41. Quote on Carter's condition going into game 3, "all indication are Carter will play in some limited capacity. Lavy said he "looked good." Carter did not push it at skate in any way". In game 4 Carter was on the first line with Richards and Versteeg and he played 16:25.

In six playoff games Carter was on the first line once, the second line four times and the third line once. The only time Carter was on the third line, he was centered by Mike *** Richards. The reason Carter's average minutes for the playoffs were so low was because he only played six minutes in game 4 of the Buffalo series do to injury. Carter is NOT a third line player!

With all that said, what exactly is your agenda?
Good research. Funny how that does average out to 15:16 a game, but only due to an injury. Take out that injury game ad in the other five games Carter averaged 17:06 a game. Big difference and definately not 3rd line minutes.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:16 AM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Stoll for Gaustad straight up.
Done from a Sabres perspective!
Now I've read the basics, but could someone possibly give a quick scouting report on Stoll for me?

Old
02-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Geez, Toronto fans are like locusts in trade rumor threads -_- They just systematically tear everyone who isn't a Leaf down until there is nothing left. Reading that thread made me especially glad that we no longer have Schenn and don't have to deal with that regularly. One inquiry about MacArthur or Kulemin and suddenly it is an explosion of character debates. The unanimous decision to come out of that thread now is they wouldn't trade either Kulemin or MacArthur for Brown straight up... Richards gets their interest though, what a discount...

Old
02-04-2012, 02:37 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Done from a Sabres perspective!
Now I've read the basics, but could someone possibly give a quick scouting report on Stoll for me?
Inside the face off dot he's an NHL All-Star. Outside of it he's an AHLer who leaves your nosebleed seat holders coming to the rink in helmets.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Agreed good fit, but it depends on price

Old
02-04-2012, 05:46 AM
MynameisKing

Was just looking around and looking for Jeff Carter highlights, just to know what exactly we are looking for if we do get him and I scrolled down looking at the comments to see what people had to say. Well, it was discouraging! Here is one comment that summarizes pretty much what everybody was saying:

@corycb2003 On paper that is correct. You will quickly learn that although Carter puts up a lot of goals each season, hardly any come in the playoffs or in big situations. He has no heart, will not hit anybody, wont go in the corners, and will never skate hard. The jackets will be up like 6-1 and Carter will score 4 goals for a 10-1 final. If you guys are down by 1 and its late, Carter will be nowhere to be found.

This was an argument possibly during the time of the trade cuz we all know Columbus hasn't had or will not get any prospects of winning games 10-1, but it paints not a pretty picture of JC! Do we really want that kind of player on our team?

Old
02-04-2012, 07:39 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post
Was just looking around and looking for Jeff Carter highlights, just to know what exactly we are looking for if we do get him and I scrolled down looking at the comments to see what people had to say. Well, it was discouraging! Here is one comment that summarizes pretty much what everybody was saying:

@corycb2003 On paper that is correct. You will quickly learn that although Carter puts up a lot of goals each season, hardly any come in the playoffs or in big situations. He has no heart, will not hit anybody, wont go in the corners, and will never skate hard. The jackets will be up like 6-1 and Carter will score 4 goals for a 10-1 final. If you guys are down by 1 and its late, Carter will be nowhere to be found.

This was an argument possibly during the time of the trade cuz we all know Columbus hasn't had or will not get any prospects of winning games 10-1, but it paints not a pretty picture of JC! Do we really want that kind of player on our team?

Scored last night in a close game. The Kings have plenty of character guys on the team. It's time to add someone that can put the Fu$^^ puck in the net. I don't care How lazy he is, I would take Semin at this point.

It's a real shame Gagne went down. He was in a slide as well, but you can see the FINISH Gagne has. NO KING HAS THAT (Maybe Kopitar).

Old
02-04-2012, 07:39 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post

Oh yeah because Philly routinely won 10-1. Yet more BS from Flyer fans. The guy was the last cut from Team Canada, does that tell you anything? Yzerman, Hitchcock, Babcock, Lemaire etc all thought enough that they were debating who to take out of Toews, Carter and Richards and finally settled on Toews and Richards. I'd say those guys know a bit about hockey.

Philly fans also hated Mike Schmidt for whatever reason, it seems if you look like you're an effortless player they automatically see it as not trying and turn on you.

Read the gdt vs Nashville and see how many times Giroux was ripped. We'll see how long it is till he's the new whipping boy.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
backhander

Quote:
Inside the face off dot he's an NHL All-Star. Outside of it he's an AHLer who leaves your nosebleed seat holders coming to the rink in helmets.
ha....good one. he's be an all star as well if they widen the nets a foot on each side. damn when's this guy going to hit the net.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:48 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
They also have to create a no fly zone around Staples (or any other arena) every time he has the puck...

Old
02-04-2012, 09:49 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
ha....good one. he's be an all star as well if they widen the nets a foot on each side. damn when's this guy going to hit the net.
When they're wider than Cloutier's 5 hole???

Old
02-04-2012, 10:01 AM
voynov26

Team Evaluation

Stoll - Just too long being a King. His play is so stale this year. tRADE.

Loktiononv: if we are not acquiring a sniper. Our system does not fit Loki's skill set and style IMO. We are better off trading him NOW for max value to Washington or Detroit.

Bernier: Sign Quick first then package him along with LOki....

Gagne: Trade him. I just don't like what he brings. I didn't see a 200 feet player from him. Plus, he gets beaten off the puck easily.

We need to see what other prospects can do. Richardson and Lewis just can't bury the puck.

Resign Willie....

Scuds looks tired lately out there. Sign of getting old? Maybe...

Penner: If he rebounds... sign him to a discount on a pro tier contract based on performance.

Sounds like a broken record: Trade for a sniper. If not, FIRE Dean.... BECAUSE WE WILL GET NOWHERE with our current ROSTER.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:20 AM
newfy

Given LA's struggles and the fact that it looks like Detroit is very active on the market this year, who can you see being on the block from LA?

I could see Detroit wanting Stoll actually, they could use a natural centerman so that Abdelkader can be moved back to his wing

Whats the availability of Clifford? The wings also want to add a gritty player

Old
02-04-2012, 10:32 AM
jml87

He did tie the Flyers record for the most game winning goals in a season. Flyers fans were WAY too hard on him. But I'm still leery of him cause of his injury history. Plus, his playoff history has always been kind of bleh. But I wouldn't be totally against bringing him over depending on the price.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Given LA's struggles and the fact that it looks like Detroit is very active on the market this year, who can you see being on the block from LA?

I could see Detroit wanting Stoll actually, they could use a natural centerman so that Abdelkader can be moved back to his wing

I could see DET getting Stoll if he's not packaged for someone else. 2012 2nd rounder and a decent forward prospect would probably get it done.

Clifford not available... they have control of him for a while still and Sutter loves him. Moved him up to the 2nd line last night and I thought he was one of the players on the ice vs. St. Louis (which I guess isn't saying much, but...)

Old
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

Depends on what you have available, I can't see them taking a prospect or pick for Stoll, it would have to be something they can use, a 3rd/4th liner with speed for Stoll and a pick...

Old
02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Depends on what you have available, I can't see them taking a prospect or pick for Stoll, it would have to be something they can use, a 3rd/4th liner with speed for Stoll and a pick...
Disagree. Stoll = salary dump and the Kings don't have a 2nd or 3rd, so...

Only thing I think the Kings need other than a sniping winger is defensive-minded defensive depth. A veteran who can come in and reduce Willie & Scuds minutes or replace them in the case of injury. Someone with some toughness. A Steve Staios-type. He won't play a lot, but is nice to have around. Not something Drewiske or Martinez have an abundance of.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

The Kings would have to be receiving a roster player in return. They won't ship out Stoll for a prospect/picks unless there is something that will help the team this year coming the other way. They have no problem putting him in discussions of Carter and the like, but throwing him away for a 2nd, despite what fans think of him, doesn't do anything for us and we need his faceoff abilities in the playoffs.

Clifford is not available. Can't see it being possible for Detroit to pry him away.

Closed Thread