HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
Yes 36 42.35%
No 49 57.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
i lol'ed @ "two rules man; stay away from my percocets and do you have any percocets"

Looks good, hopefully more material in the movie since trailer seems to tell the whole story.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
this was written by Jay Baruschel and looks pretty damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w71PB...eature=related
Baruchel's last movie was horrawful. Adam Sandler was a more convincing hockey tough guy than Stiffler.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Halifaxhab

Used HABS equipment

I am looking to buy some used Habs equipment. Pants/helmet etc.

Anyone know of any online shop or sale going on?

Figured the team wont be using their stuff very much longer and I would like to have some stuff for my playoffs that start in April

Old
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Funny that you ask, there is a Habs Equipment sale tomorrow morning.

Old
02-03-2012, 05:58 PM
habsnation11

The equipment sale is a waste of time and money. Hockey pants you can buy for $100 they sell for $200 and up cause price's name is stitched inside it. 90% of the stuff is from training camp and the players who didn't make the team.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsnation11 View Post
The equipment sale is a waste of time and money. Hockey pants you can buy for $100 they sell for $200 and up cause price's name is stitched inside it. 90% of the stuff is from training camp and the players who didn't make the team.
I had been trying to find a pant shell with the HABS striping. But I can't seem to do it.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I had been trying to find a pant shell with the HABS striping. But I can't seem to do it.
son , are you trying to get laughed out of rec hockey by wearing authentic NHL pants?
\

Old
02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Coldplay
Courage

In the market for some gloves. May check this out.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
In the market for some gloves. May check this out.
get yourself some scott gomez gloves.. you won't score a goal with them but you get your money back if you do!

Old
02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
son , are you trying to get laughed out of rec hockey by wearing authentic NHL pants?
The team I play for is called the Canadiens. We have the logo and colours. But my pants and helmet are black. All the other guys have matching gear. But I am new to the team, and it's a team that stays together for years so it wouldn't be $$ wasted

Old
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The whole City is selling Cammy stuff for 90% off or you best offer.

Old
02-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
This part made me spit out my coffee. When I use to change my first son on our bed, I would always position him on my side, with him facing my wife's side of the bed. So if he decided to turn the hose on, my wife's side would become the water bed and not mine.
I totally did that tonight! He made a nice puddle too

Old
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Ok, this is completely random, but any advice would be well appreciated. Anyone who has experienced this or done it's advice would be amazing. I'm in grade 12 and we have a week coming up soon where all the guys have to ask a girl to prom. My question being, How would you go about that?(basically how to ask her)

Old
02-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Ok, this is completely random, but any advice would be well appreciated. Anyone who has experienced this or done it's advice would be amazing. I'm in grade 12 and we have a week coming up soon where all the guys have to ask a girl to prom. My question being, How would you go about that?(basically how to ask her)
grow some balls and ask her

Old
02-04-2012, 07:16 AM
ClasslessGuy

Have to share it to calm down...

I was up all night because my sister called me crying at 3 this morning.

She was seeing this guy for 2 weeks now and yesterday they went to a bar together with a couple of friends. He picked her up so she didn't have her car at his apartment. Around 2:30 a.m they came back from the bar, he didn't drink at all and my sister drank 1 or 2 drink but you know how it is with 18 yr girl... Anyway the ass**** told her that he didn't want to go further with that relationship and that he was not going to give her a ride back home. She was stuck in *****ing Gatineau at least 15km from my place at 3 a.m in the morning. She walked for at least 2km because she was out of his mind and a little bit drunk to.

But how ****ing stupid this guy is? When she called me I just snapped. I went to pick her up but she didn't want to show me where his apartment his... How dangerous and stupid is that... I know she could've called a friend or something but I guess on the moment she didn't thought about it and started to walk...

Ok I feel better now but I will still find his address

Old
02-04-2012, 08:09 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

If you and her already have an established friendship or anything just talk to her casually and ask her as if you're asking her to go to the mall or whatever teenagers do these days. Also, don't be distraught if she says no or anything, it's just ****ing prom - the most overrated day in HS.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

She was seeing this guy for 2 weeks now and yesterday they went to a bar together with a couple of friends. He picked her up so she didn't have her car at his apartment. Around 2:30 a.m they came back from the bar, he didn't drink at all and my sister drank 1 or 2 drink but you know how it is with 18 yr girl... Anyway the ass**** told her that he didn't want to go further with that relationship and that he was not going to give her a ride back home. She was stuck in *****ing Gatineau at least 15km from my place at 3 a.m in the morning. She walked for at least 2km because she was out of his mind and a little bit drunk to.

But how ****ing stupid this guy is? When she called me I just snapped. I went to pick her up but she didn't want to show me where his apartment his... How dangerous and stupid is that... I know she could've called a friend or something but I guess on the moment she didn't thought about it and started to walk...

What the **** man. Destroy him like a little b****.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

once you do, you should buy about 20 Foam shaving cream cans. Freeze them in a deep freeze. Keep them frozen until you reach his home or car (whichever one has a windor or door unlocked) then you unwrap or cut open the cans, leaving a frozen foam cylander, and place the foam into that jag-offs home or car. When these foam cylanders thaw...they expand exponentially. 20 cans would fill an entire living room completely.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Gary320

Anyone know any good gyms or places where we can play cosom hockey? I'm trying to organize something with a bunch of friends where we can play once a week for 5 weeks. But everywhere I call, they are packed or only available weekends or after 10PM.

Ideally anywhere in Montreal or Laval, but not somewhere like verdun or downtown and so on..

I tried Vanier, College Saint Laurent and both are packed..

Old
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Anyone know any good gyms or places where we can play cosom hockey? I'm trying to organize something with a bunch of friends where we can play once a week for 5 weeks. But everywhere I call, they are packed or only available weekends or after 10PM.

Ideally anywhere in Montreal or Laval, but not somewhere like verdun or downtown and so on..

I tried Vanier, College Saint Laurent and both are packed..
There's a gym in the building I work at that rents out to people looking to play floor hockey. It's on papineau and sauve, but i'm not sure if that's convenient for you

Old
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
There's a gym in the building I work at that rents out to people looking to play floor hockey. It's on papineau and sauve, but i'm not sure if that's convenient for you
Is there a link, email or number?
Papineau and sauve isn't too bad.

Old
02-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Schooner Guy

Did anyone see what Nathan Beaulieu put on Twitter yesterday?

Quote:
n8THEggr8Nathan Beaulieu
The girl on the Bell commercial could eat an apple thru a tennis racket #takealap
That's Canadian Olympic hero Clara Hughes that he's making fun. Hughes is one of the classiest and most respected athletes to ever represent Canada and a champion for mental illness. I know Beaulieu's just a 19 year old kid but this sort of ignorance dispayed publicly is disgraceful. Clara Hughes sure as hell represented our country with much more heart, dignity and pride over the years than Beaulieu did when he coasted on that Russian short-handed goal that turned out to be the semi-final game winner.

Old
02-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post

That's Canadian Olympic hero Clara Hughes that he's making fun. Hughes is one of the classiest and most respected athletes to ever represent Canada and a champion for mental illness. I know Beaulieu's just a 19 year old kid but this sort of ignorance dispayed publicly is disgraceful. Clara Hughes sure as hell represented our country with much more heart, dignity and pride over the years than Beaulieu did when he coasted on that Russian short-handed goal that turned out to be the semi-final game winner.
get off your high horse, he was just making fun of her smile, which is pretty funny IMO

Old
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post

He's not saying "Clara Hughes is a ****** athlete", he's saying "Clara Hughes has a huge mouth", which is true. I don't understand why you're so upset. Yeah she's done a lot, battled a lot, but she has an abnormally large mouth, who cares?

Old
02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I agree with Nathan, and I've said it many times before. She looks like the Joker from Batman. I don't disrespect her, I am just stating a fact.

Closed Thread