HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT:Howard on Sirius

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Have you looked into some sort of direct connection to replace the FM trasmitter? I am basing this off of my experience with my iPod, but the FM transmitters for it are practically worthless when you are anywhere near the city. I recently upgraded my head unit and use the auxiliary jack for direct input now, perfect hi-fi sound. Can this be done with the Sirius equipment as well?
I'm talking about radio on the airwaves in general. If you're contemplating whether to go satelllite, I guess it depends heavily on how much you enjoy the terrestrial radio you can pull in. I hate it.

As for the replacement for the modulator, yes, such a thing exists, but I'm not sure it's still sold. I found one on an ebay auction and the seller said it was a night-and-day difference in quality over the built in FM transmitter.

Old
01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Have you looked into some sort of direct connection to replace the FM trasmitter? I am basing this off of my experience with my iPod, but the FM transmitters for it are practically worthless when you are anywhere near the city. I recently upgraded my head unit and use the auxiliary jack for direct input now, perfect hi-fi sound. Can this be done with the Sirius equipment as well?
My FM transmitter on the MyFi and Roady2 have no problems with FM interference.

Old
01-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT
And XM sucks. It'll wind up being Clear Channel eventually, and its song selections all suck.

lol, thats rich. you think XM will be the one to look more like a terrestrial radio station???

You do realize that Sirius hired Mel Karmazin, right? He pretty much single handedly destroyed radio with his constant whoring out to advertisers. He made viacom lots of money by making the 20 minute commerical break an industry standard

Old
01-09-2006, 08:24 PM
OpAck

Coward Stern and Dopie and Aintfunny...who needs them anymore when you got the crazy antics of DIAMOND DAVE!!! Bop-boo-do-lu-bop!

Free FM sucks.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:28 PM
The Pens Are Back*

the other secrets are posted on stern's site... there are some pretty crazy ones

i tried listening to david lee roth and he is just horrendous...i rather listen to JD talk about canadian politics than him

Closed Thread