HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Part XXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Maciver63

vCash: 500
Jeff Carter

Just throwin out there..........

I know that he is going to cost a very pretty penny and I know that his contract is just this side of DiPietro and that we are set at Centre but if you need some numbers.........

- averaged 36 goals per year over the last 4 years
- is just entering his prime
- signed a "home town" deal with Philly
- does have a modified NTC as of 2015-16
- contract comes down in a big way in actual dollars in the last 3 years
- you have never had so many bargaining chips to get the deal done
- you would pay a consistent 36-goal scorer $5.27m in a heartbeat right now - think how much of a deal that would be in 2016,17,18,19,20,21...........

Old
02-04-2012, 12:07 AM
topshelfie

no thanks, he's not a ufa until 2022 and we have enough centre, rights wingers

Old
02-04-2012, 12:13 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

We would have to move Turris to the wing..

Old
02-04-2012, 12:20 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Trade Proposals and Rumors Part XXII

Continue From Here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...086697&page=41

Old
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
BDP has pretty much gone out and said the Sens hate Carter. I've late last summer that the Sens weren't interested whatsoever from someone involved in management. I'm pretty sure Tim Murray himself said they Sens had no interest on the person or the contract. Unless he's available for Phillips and Konopka we won't bit, and he wouldn't be available for Phillips and Konopka

Old
02-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Tuna99

To many question marks with his health and that contract, Tuimo Ruutu is the better option for many reasons

Old
02-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Nope

Old
02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
SenatorsLegionary
Member of Sens Army

I don't think he's what we need right now. Our centre depth is strong and will only get better next year when Zibanejad is here full-time (assuming he makes the team) and that is one long contract to take on.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:05 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Trade for Parise, Suter, Ryan and Perry.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:40 AM
KT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Trade for Parise, Suter, Ryan and Perry.
That's what I was thinking, why is this being a GM thing so hard?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Old
02-04-2012, 08:37 AM
TSA0402

Carter depends on the price. Two top 10 picks, forget about it. If the rumour is true they will trade him for almost a Bernier at this point, well thats entirely different.

I like his contract. You sign a guy for 4-5 years, you end up with Getzlaf or Perry, who could very well bolt for UFA soon.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Carter depends on the price. Two top 10 picks, forget about it. If the rumour is true they will trade him for almost a Bernier at this point, well thats entirely different.

I like his contract. You sign a guy for 4-5 years, you end up with Getzlaf or Perry, who could very well bolt for UFA soon.
Carter's just too much of a risk to lock in that long. He got traded from Philly, rumoured to be a problem....it's pretty clear he's a problem in Columbus (although I don't entirely blame him)....just not a guy I want to lock into 10 years. bdp heard he's a bad guy, I'd certainly trust the people he heard that from.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM
BK201

If Murray can get a deal for Ruutu I'm coming around to it. Just the way the canes fans say he's a hard worker and the tv keeps pimping him.

Our LW depth is week if he resigned decently our LW could look more filled out next year Silfverberg Ruutu Greening Foligno.

It would be pretty cool if silfverberg and zibby could crack the line up maybe the team would look like.

Ruutu - Spezza - 9MM
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfie
Foligno - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Niel

I don't know just bored talking.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:34 AM
HSF

Jeff Carter would be incredible. Look at his injury history it just seems like it is this year. Overall he has been an iron man throughout his career.

Also he can play wing which he did sometimes in Philly and would be awesome beside Spezza

the price would be high though ie Lehner +. which imo isnt worth it

Old
02-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciver63 View Post
Just throwin out there..........

I know that he is going to cost a very pretty penny and I know that his contract is just this side of DiPietro and that we are set at Centre but if you need some numbers.........

- averaged 36 goals per year over the last 4 years
- is just entering his prime
- signed a "home town" deal with Philly
- does have a modified NTC as of 2015-16
- contract comes down in a big way in actual dollars in the last 3 years
- you have never had so many bargaining chips to get the deal done
- you would pay a consistent 36-goal scorer $5.27m in a heartbeat right now - think how much of a deal that would be in 2016,17,18,19,20,21...........
Philly trade Richards and Carter to get them away from their team... for off ice reasons... off ice reasons they attempted repeatedly to deal with internally. All this came out in the media. Carter likes to party and drink and the Flyers instituted a sobriety plan for the team mid season Richards or Carter would not sign on to. Why they got moved... why I wouldn't take Cater for free. We do not need these problems in Ottawa.

How bad were things off ice to move Richards who on ice was a warrior, like Bobby Clarke? To me Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are such damaged goods they make Heatley seem like maybe an angel!

Stay clear my friends... Carter for Butler straight up and I say no!!!!! we do not want problem man with a decade long contract!!!!!!

Last edited by Sens Rule: 02-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old
02-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens rule View Post
philly trade richards and carter to get them away from their team... For off ice reasons... Off ice reasons they attempted repeatedly to deal with internally. All this came out in the media. Carter likes to party and drink and the flyers instituted a sobriety plan for the team mid season richards or carter would not sign on to. Why they got moved... Why i wouldn't take cater for free. We do not need these problems in ottawa.

How bad were things off ice to move richards who on ice was a warrior, like bobby clarke? To me mike richards and jeff carter are such damaged goods they make heatley seem like maybe an angel!

Stay clear my friends... Carter for butler straight up and i say no!!!!! We do not want problem man with a decade long contract!!!!!!
qft.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

You dont need Carter.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:12 AM
HSF

i think realistically we will look at a young like Bailey or Stafford.

there may others i am missing out there that could be dealt

Old
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Carter's just too much of a risk to lock in that long. He got traded from Philly, rumoured to be a problem....it's pretty clear he's a problem in Columbus (although I don't entirely blame him)....just not a guy I want to lock into 10 years. bdp heard he's a bad guy, I'd certainly trust the people he heard that from.
Thing is most of that is just rumours and speculation. He might be a problem, he might be a cancer. Same thing was said about Kyle Turris and their was a logical explanation. Carter was betrayed, and likely traded to one of the last places he wanted to go. My money is on that he asked for a trade internally, but not to be a complete ass about it, is not making it public.

Fact is apart from Parise or Suter, is there a better player available right now? That is being generous, considering both teams are claiming neither is on the market.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i think realistically we will look at a young like Bailey or Stafford.

there may others i am missing out there that could be dealt
Bailey has really shown nothing to justify giving up anything decent for him. I'd do JOB for him but no way NY does. I suspect they'd want a 2nd +, maybe even a 1st for him.
Stafford could be a good pickup but if we pick up Stafford I see one of Stafford, Foligno or Greening being dealt for an upgrade in the summer. We can't have 3 guys who are big, (semi)-physical wingers that score 35-50 pts a year when we so clearly lack a top line winger. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill to have all of Stafford, Foligno, Greening, Silver and Zibanejad as our wingers next year... but I would only want one or two of them in the top 6.

Long winded but my point is- as awesome as it would be to have another big strong power forward type player, I dont want to keep upgrading our 2nd/3rd line forwards at a high price when we're lacking a real top end winger.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Bailey has really shown nothing to justify giving up anything decent for him. I'd do JOB for him but no way NY does. I suspect they'd want a 2nd +, maybe even a 1st for him.
Stafford could be a good pickup but if we pick up Stafford I see one of Stafford, Foligno or Greening being dealt for an upgrade in the summer. We can't have 3 guys who are big, (semi)-physical wingers that score 35-50 pts a year when we so clearly lack a top line winger. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill to have all of Stafford, Foligno, Greening, Silver and Zibanejad as our wingers next year... but I would only want one or two of them in the top 6.

Long winded but my point is- as awesome as it would be to have another big strong power forward type player, I dont want to keep upgrading our 2nd/3rd line forwards at a high price when we're lacking a real top end winger.
Stafford/Foligno/Greening wont get you a top liner back out only hope is to develop someone after a trade like turris or to sign one.

A top liner would cost Lehner + or Zibby +

A 2nd for Bailey is fine he seems to have some untapped offensive potential that he showed early in his nhl career also he is a solid 2 way guy which Maclean likes .. who knows

Old
02-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

This Carter talk needs to stop. BDP (who is obviously very well connected) dismissed any interest we had/have in Carter.
On top of that, my best friend was at a dinner with B. Murray through mutual friends and he told him that they had no interest in him not only because of his attitude and supposed problems, but because over a 10+ year period... that kind of thing can get SO much worse.

Important Note: Once in a blue moon I get "insider" info that I share with you guys. This is in no way, shape or form one of my regular sources. This was a one time thing.

If this counts as heresy or libel then I'm sorry, I thought it was okay and I expect a lot of people on here would be interested in it.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Stafford/Foligno/Greening wont get you a top liner back out only hope is to develop someone after a trade like turris or to sign one.
Obviously not. I'd be adding a 1st and a high end prospect to one of those players. Just saying we'd need to include one of them in a package for an upgrade.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Thing is most of that is just rumours and speculation. He might be a problem, he might be a cancer. Same thing was said about Kyle Turris and their was a logical explanation. Carter was betrayed, and likely traded to one of the last places he wanted to go. My money is on that he asked for a trade internally, but not to be a complete ass about it, is not making it public.

Fact is apart from Parise or Suter, is there a better player available right now? That is being generous, considering both teams are claiming neither is on the market.
Once you think about it, people calling Turris a bad boy or a traded were being dumb. There was nothing to suggest the sort and many people in the game vouched for him.

Not the same thing with Carter, far from it, and he's locked in for 10 years.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

How about Parenteau? Could play with Milan and Spezza. Local boy. UFA and probably not too expensive, good for 50 pts. Isles have some UFA d-men too (Jurcina, Staios, Eaton) that could add some experience and depth on the back end.

Closed Thread