HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kadri & Aulie To Marlies

Old
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
As much as I liked Kadri's offensive play initially, and his fiestyness in the later stages, I don't mind this move so much. It'll allow him to get more play time with Colborne and Frattin on a unit could very well end up our future 2nd line.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozaksniffles View Post
his weight has been way exaggerated. 165 max.
He's got to follow his off season workout schedule that the Leafs give him, and stop making his sisters do it for him.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:37 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
No wonder he keeps on playing on his knees when opposing D breathes on him.
I wonder how many times Bryan Murrary calls Burkie a week to thank him for turning down his trade offer, the 9th pick Cowen plus a 2nd.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:40 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
I wonder how many times Bryan Murrary calls Burkie a week to thank him for turning down his trade offer, the 9th pick Cowen plus a 2nd.
The Senators need more fans and we can do without this pathetic crap.

Win-win.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Dayjobdave

Quote:

More likely Murray is calling to thank Burke for turning down an offer to take Spezza off his hands in the summer.

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
He's got to follow his off season workout schedule that the Leafs give him, and stop making his sisters do it for him.
Quote:
Invigorating.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:48 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The Senators need more fans and we can do without this pathetic crap.

Win-win.
Well said.

anderson3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
TheVision

Man this kid is so polarizing. We finally have a half decent top 10 prospect in the system...in what, decades? And we need to rush him right up to the big club, get dazzled by his flashy play and completely ignore the fact that he's only 21 and has so many flaws that need to be developed. I just don't get the impatience here. he played better this stint, and will be even better next...but this is what you do with young guys. All this bulls^&t on here about the organization holding him back, or not getting to play with better line mates...HORSESH*&T, he needs more development, it won't be forever. If he stays with the organization and continues to develop, we'll all be happy campers.

And just because some of us don't like the kid as a person, doesn't mean we don't see his talent and hope he continues to develop into a strong piece to the Maple Leafs puzzle. we don't have to like everyone all the time, just because they're top 10 Leafs draft picks either.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

They needed skill-naz got it
They needed play making-naz got it
They needed creativity-naz got it
They needed toughness- naz finally got it ( hes been giving pretty big hits so far!)
They needed defensively responsible forwards-naz got it

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?

LeafsMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Wendelstache

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
They needed skill-naz got it
They needed play making-naz got it
They needed creativity-naz got it
They needed toughness- naz finally got it ( hes been giving pretty big hits so far!)
They needed defensively responsible forwards-naz got it

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?
They need a player to stay on his feet - Naz falls (literally)

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Ron wilson said Kadri will be part of their future. Hia reasoning? Players will keep getting injured. He wants to use kadri! Bring him up when we need him and send him down when our players are healthy! Dont they realize they're wasting talent? Kadri has raw talent. I agree to let him develop at the ahl level but dont make him play a month, call him up for a month, decide hes not good enough, send him back down. That messes around with his confidence. He should stay a while and when hes consistent for a full season or so then sign him o a contract. His 3 year entry level contract expires this year. If they are going to trade him i would much rather he be traded to a team where he can shine. Like detroit. He could learn from the best, perfect his dekes and dangles from datsyuk. Then come winter classic 2013, he could kick leaf ass. That would be the silver lining on why burke should have kept him in the nhl.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:01 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Everyone falls. I agree naz falls Too much but thats why i'm saying keep him up. If he has a solid long term call up, he wont play like eery game is his last. Do u know hpw much pressure is on the guy. First everyone talks about him already. Second, he never knows when he'll be sent down. How is he supposed to play calm and regularly at his best when he fears that 1 mistake could mean a demotion! If he stays long term he'll settle in the NHL role. For example, he never used to be physical. In his last couple of games he's had big hits that the commentators noticed. That happened because he became comfortable in the role and is starting to relax a little.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:04 PM
TMLeafer

He also goes into the boards/corners more often than a lot of our forwards. Maybe that's why this balance issue is brought up so much.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
TheVision

Quote:
Ron wilson said Kadri will be part of their future. Hia reasoning? Players will keep getting injured. He wants to use kadri! Bring him up when we need him and send him down when our players are healthy! Dont they realize they're wasting talent? Kadri has raw talent. I agree to let him develop at the ahl level but dont make him play a month, call him up for a month, decide hes not good enough, send him back down. That messes around with his confidence. He should stay a while and when hes consistent for a full season or so then sign him o a contract. His 3 year entry level contract expires this year. If they are going to trade him i would much rather he be traded to a team where he can shine. Like detroit. He could learn from the best, perfect his dekes and dangles from datsyuk. Then come winter classic 2013, he could kick leaf ass. That would be the silver lining on why burke should have kept him in the nhl.
Seriously...this is a joke right? It's called paying his dues...he's not a blue chipper. So if he can't play with the Leafs NOW, then you'd rather just trade him...just cause. man, folks really have they're heads up their butts when it comes to Nazem Kadri. If this was a guy like Skinner or Hall or Seguin or etc etc...maybe, but it's not, It's Nazem Kadri...he's nowhere near any of those guys when it comes to complete package. You know being a Leaf's fan is hard enough sometimes, why do people make it harder on themselves with these out of whack notions.

Old
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Duffman955

Kadri was a very raw player when drafted. Tons of talent but seriously needed to round out the other parts of his game. His talent was being compared to tavares at a point.

He has gotten his feet wet in the NHL level and is working on some stuff at the AHL. That is completely fine for a prospect like Kadri. He needs to focus on lower body strength and ability to work under pressure. He will be ready soon.

I think kadri is a prospect like Bobby Ryan. Took a while to develop, 2-3 seasons in the AHL with a few stints in the NHL. Then completely took off on his 3rd NHL season.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
its time to trade Kadri!! I think he is uncoachable, cause he still makes the same mistakes and tries to plays on his own. He shows a glimpse of progression then goes back to playing like a 16 yo kid, he doesnt dump into the corners, and tries to create plays at bad times. I just think IMO he is one of those players that refuses to follow
direction for long periods of time and goes back to
what he wants to do with
the puck. He isnt an awful player, he has great speed and hands but has horrible defensive coverage and makes too many
offensive blunders. Trade him for a power forward with another player like Komi and Conelly and get Ryan, Getzlaf, or
Staal.
Why is everyone so damn hard on kadri. He is not the only one who makes plays like that. I agree he trys to do selfish breakaway plays but all good players do sometimes. Ovechkin and crosby hog the puck all the time

Old
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Seriously...this is a joke right? It's called paying his dues...he's not a blue chipper. So if he can't play with the Leafs NOW, then you'd rather just trade him...just cause. man, folks really have they're heads up their butts when it comes to Nazem Kadri. If this was a guy like Skinner or Hall or Seguin or etc etc...maybe, but it's not,
It's Nazem Kadri...he's nowhere near any of those guys when it comes to complete package. You know being a Leaf's fan is hard enough sometimes,
why do people make it harder on themselves with these out of whack notions.
My whole point is not to trade kadri. I said either keep him in the ahl and let him fully develop or let him develop in the nhl. It messes him up if u keep juggling hin back and forth like a yoyo. I said its better that u just trade him. I didnt say to trade him if hes not with the leafs now.

Old
02-03-2012, 09:48 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Kadri is just being but ****ed because of his contract. Also Burke and Wilson wants to keep naz in the ahl so when resigning time comes they can sign him to a 10 year 1 mill per contract. So that they cansay they made the best signing in NHL history when kadri becomes a 65-75 point player

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:12 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Detroit leaves their guys in the minors for a long time. If Kadri were wings property he wouldn't be getting any games at the NHL level right now. Look at all the young guys on their team now, all of them have multiple seasons in Grand Rapids on their resume. If Detroit would be so good for Kadri, how is it bad that we're sending him to the minors? That's just dumb.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:57 AM
TheVision

Quote:
My whole point is not to trade kadri. I said either keep him in the ahl and let him fully develop or let him develop in the nhl. It messes him up if u keep juggling hin back and forth like a yoyo. I said its better that u just trade him. I didnt say to trade him if hes not with the leafs now.
Ok man, my apologies...and I agree with you. IMO, I'd rather he stay down with Colborne and Frattin and develop as a core and help the Marlies go far in the playoffs...good experience for all of them. The leafs ar ein decent shape as is, and won't be going on a cup run anyways..develop for the rest of the year, gain some leadership skills, and possibly go for a Calder Cup...all great experience for this kid. Sometimes the impatience of fellow Leafs fans is just pathetic. I'd rather he stay down and develop, then come up here fail and look like a fool.

Say Kadri-Colborne-Frattin are put together and make some real noise down there...they could ALL fight for spots next season for the Leafs. Wouldn't that be a decent 3rd line next season for the Buds?

Old
02-04-2012, 11:02 AM
KilPhessel

Quote:
so its not like he's down for long.. sure he falls a lot, but thats cuz he keeps on coming.. always getting in the dirty areas, loves to throw the body, with his size its going to happen.. but he just keeps getting up, wait till he fills out his body, kid will be very dangerous for sure..

KilPhessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:03 AM
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Detroit leaves their guys in the minors for a long time. If Kadri were wings property he wouldn't be getting any games at the NHL level right now. Look at all the young guys on their team now, all of them have multiple seasons in Grand Rapids on their resume. If Detroit would be so good for Kadri, how is it bad that we're sending him to the minors? That's just dumb.

OH MAN...the voice of reason. heaven forbid we emulate a franchise like the awful Detroit Red Wings...what have they ever won? Thank you for this post...it's PERFECT!