HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Kadri Discussion ... pros and cons are welcome

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2012, 12:13 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

vCash: 500
Been liking Kadri's game lately. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at centre in the future though.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
The Caveman
snowbozie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Been liking Kadri's game lately. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at centre in the future though.
Agreed. Just needs a big winger to do the digging and give him some space. He will get a bit stronger and already seems crafty enough to get away from bigger bodies.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caveman View Post
Agreed. Just needs a big winger to do the digging and give him some space. He will get a bit stronger and already seems crafty enough to get away from bigger bodies.
Yup. He doesn't belong on the boards. You'll notice him making great plays when he gets the open ice.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Tak7

For some reason I think Kadri's speed and creativity is better suited on the wing. His defensive game has too many holes I think, for the coaching staff to trust him with a stint at center.

I've liked his game - I think he's done enough to stay up.

He's an offensively expressive player, and while I respect and understand why the Leafs coaches are so hard on him when it comes to turnovers and the like, these types of players need to take risks in order to find their success on the ice, and it appears to me as though the coaching staff hasn't hampered/blocked his ability to be that expressive type of player which is great to see.

The more he's staying up, the more of that tenacious side we are seeing from him. I'd like to see him get more into some people's faces as he gets more comfortable here though, although I know that's a tough request for someone whose still trying to find his way in the NHL. I just think if he adds that side - a side that he most definitely had in junior, then he would all but cement his place with the big club

Old
02-01-2012, 01:45 AM
D3ADLY

Why is Kadri not being played as much?

I just want to know why Kadri is not being played as much as he should be playing. The kid gets to play first 2 period and mostly is warming the bench in the third period. Is there some issues with him and Ron Wilson? Yea he hasn't proven anything thus far but is he to blame for that? He barely sees any pp time is not involved in pk and doesn't get more time on the ice than any fourth liner. This kid has soft hands and foot speed and is fitted for 4-4 play(OT) but yet when needed we see likes of Steckel, Lombardi etc on the ice instead of him. Do we really need to start the #FREEKADRI rant again or is he just not that good?

Old
02-01-2012, 01:50 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

I agree they should be playing Kadri balls to the wall, and see what the kid can do, then pull him back(if need be) after he gets his feet wet for a season.

Last edited by A1LeafNation: 02-01-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old
02-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ADLY View Post
I just want to know why Kadri is not being played as much as he should be playing. The kid gets to play first 2 period and mostly is warming the bench in the third period. Is there some issues with him and Ron Wilson? Yea he hasn't proven anything thus far but is he to blame for that? He barely sees any pp time is not involved in pk and doesn't get more time on the ice than any fourth liner. This kid has soft hands and foot speed and is fitted for 4-4 play(OT) but yet when needed we see likes of Steckel, Lombardi etc on the ice instead of him. Do we really need to start the #FREEKADRI rant again or is he just not that good?
Our first and second lines were creating a hell of a lot of scoring chances last night. I think it's more a credit to their play than it is a knock on Kadri's performance.

Would have liked to see him in OT, though. My guess is Wilson is more comfortable putting Steckel out for defensive zone draws. As for Lombardi, as our (arguably) fastest skater I can see why Wilson would want to see how he plays with more open ice.

Old
02-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Philkessel

wilson plays his favorites crabb will be moved up to the 3rd line and kardi to 4th soon

Old
02-01-2012, 07:10 AM
shully
Night's Watch

Great hit by Kadri on Martin yesterday

Old
02-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Philkessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkessel View Post
wilson plays his favorites crabb will be moved up to the 3rd line and kardi to 4th soon
my bad crabb on 3rd line kadri in minors

Old
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Re: Kadri

I've already waved goodbye to him.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post

yeah, people wanna talk about attitude issues and carter.. we didn't have to look that far to see attitude issues.. Id personaly pay for kadris flight.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
yeah, people wanna talk about attitude issues and carter.. we didn't have to look that far to see attitude issues.. Id personaly pay for kadris flight.
How does Kadri have attitude issues?

Old
02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know that being disappointed in himself for not sticking with the big club was a character flaw.

Maybe he cares and wants to contribute???

Old
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
How does Kadri have attitude issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Wow, I didn't know that being disappointed in himself for not sticking with the big club was a character flaw.

Maybe he cares and wants to contribute???
I love how people on here jump the gun, When did i ever say it was because of Leafs related issues.

My buddy grew up in london, and currently is in school there and knows kadris recent ex girlfriend.. I've been down there and talked to her and her friends personally.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:

I love how people on here jump the gun, When did i ever say it was because of Leafs related issues.

My buddy grew up in london, and currently is in school there and knows kadris recent ex girlfriend.. I've been down there and talked to her and her friends personally.
So your saying someone that knew someone during highschool wasn't a mature character?

My stars, what has the world come to?

Old
02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
So your saying someone that knew someone during highschool wasn't a mature character?

My stars, what has the world come to?

its not high school its UWO,

He had a tweet last week that he removed about her also.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
its not high school its UWO,

He had a tweet last week that he removed about her also.
I tend to believe the guy who's working his ass off to be a better hockey player and to become a permanent fixture on the Leafs top 6 than some jilted ex-lover who seemingly can't get over the relationship that once was.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
I tend to believe the guy who's working his ass off to be a better hockey player and to become a permanent fixture on the Leafs top 6 than some jilted ex-lover who seemingly can't get over the relationship that once was.
at least I've talked to one of them personally.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
juuj*

Quote:
at least I've talked to one of them personally.
you talk to who personally, someone that knew kadri ex, name an ex who has good things to say bout u, not many, reason they are ex. He aint a bad kid, I know alot of his older family members and friends and u know what i can say he has a good attitude from what they told me, but i aint cuz it dont mean shiet, its still from someone elses mouth and not from my personal knowledge. Even if i did meet him, which will probly be soon at one of his cuz wedding. I still couldnt say he has a attitude problem because of what i feel about him. No matter who you are, there are people out there that dont like u, dont mean ur a bad person, just that we all dont get along, its life. Your on here saying shiet bout him from what u heard from others and calling it a source is ridiculous. IF that was the case then u can call anyone out there has a bad attitude.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:27 AM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Kadri is the closest thing we have to a top 6 powerforward.
is this a joke? If not it is a sad commentary on the state of Leaf forwards.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:32 AM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
is this a joke? If not it is a sad commentary on the state of Leaf forwards.
Kulemin is the closest thing, if he would only return to last years form.

If 160 lb Kadri who almost gets blown away with the wind is our power forward then we're screwed.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Kulemin is the closest thing, if he would only return to last years form.

If 160 lb Kadri who almost gets blown away with the wind is our power forward then we're screwed.
190, but agreed. If he can get up to 200+ in the next year or so, he'll be solid. He plays a scrappy game, but power should never be his bread and butter.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:41 AM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
190, but agreed. If he can get up to 200+ in the next year or so, he'll be solid. He plays a scrappy game, but power should never be his bread and butter.
He's nowhere close to 190. Maybe with all his gear on.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:03 AM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post

Don't bump up an old thread to post that especially when there's another Kadri topic on the first page dude.

closed.

Closed Thread