HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Carter

Old
02-03-2012, 09:22 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
One player can't change a culture. I'm sure Jeff would be fine if we were winning. Thats why I don't want him dealt.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

I don't know how much of this is real or hearsay. I mean yeah I'm sure the guy's not HAPPY to be on this team this year or with this season but who would be? I think there's too many people that have jumped on the ***** Carter bandwagon. I'll believe it when I see it, as far as the rumors go, but personally I think we'd be stupid to get rid of him this quickly. As far as people griping about the lack of chemistry with Nasher, well I imagine that's something that comes with time on the ice which is something those two don't have a lot of due to injuries. If that chemistry never develops, fine run Carter on another line.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
One player can't change a culture. I'm sure Jeff would be fine if we were winning. Thats why I don't want him dealt.
I don't want him dealt because I know we'll get boned on the trade...

The fans of the Blue Jackets essentially gave up 2 losing seasons in order to get him.

Just once, I'd like our fans suffering to not be in vain...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:58 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

This is pretty simple to me.

If the return is good (say 90 cents on the dollar or better), move him. If not, keep him.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I think it would help if we moved the Jersey shore and Philly nightlife here. Because that is unlikely winning might help.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:14 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Jeff Carter gives the impression he wants to be in a big city, not in flyover country. Regarding the team, NOBODY should be happy to be on the 30th place team in the league. If they're happy, I want them gone!

Last edited by leesmith: 02-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:29 PM
GScott

I'm betting that Howson and Priest used Carter as the scapegoat for whatever solution they presented at the owner's meeting. I think he is gone by the trade deadline as part of the new plan Howson sold last month and the CBJ will be lucky to get back half of what they paid.

GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I think it would help if we moved the Jersey shore and Philly nightlife here. Because that is unlikely winning might help.
IMO Carter made it pretty obvious that he likes hockey but loves the party life. I mean after things got out of control in Philly and Holmgren had to hold a press conference specifically to address Carter and others crashing frat parties after games and trading pictures for drinks he certainly didn't shy away from it. He continued on with it and refused to participate in team events like Dry Island to focus on hockey more (obviously something his own teammates trashed him for).

Even if the Jackets start winning I think Carter will still have his heart pulling him towards a bigger nightlife city. But that is just IMO

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:01 AM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
I don't know how much of this is real or hearsay. I mean yeah I'm sure the guy's not HAPPY to be on this team this year or with this season but who would be? I think there's too many people that have jumped on the ***** Carter bandwagon. I'll believe it when I see it, as far as the rumors go, but personally I think we'd be stupid to get rid of him this quickly. As far as people griping about the lack of chemistry with Nasher, well I imagine that's something that comes with time on the ice which is something those two don't have a lot of due to injuries. If that chemistry never develops, fine run Carter on another line.
I'm glad to see this POV represented. I'm not above asking naive questions, so: how sure are we about the Carter on the trading block story? I know the Dispatch is running with that, but is there another source? I follow the Plain Dealer's coverage of the Browns, and a lot of comments there attribute the supposed lack of interest for resigning Hillis to the newspaper.

I mentioned it already in the Anaheim GDT, but I'd like to see another year with Carter on the team. If we can get a great return right now, I guess I'd consider it, but barring that, bring the fella back.

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:06 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
I'm glad to see this POV represented. I'm not above asking naive questions, so: how sure are we about the Carter on the trading block story? I know the Dispatch is running with that, but is there another source? I follow the Plain Dealer's coverage of the Browns, and a lot of comments there attribute the supposed lack of interest for resigning Hillis to the newspaper.

I mentioned it already in the Anaheim GDT, but I'd like to see another year with Carter on the team. If we can get a great return right now, I guess I'd consider it, but barring that, bring the fella back.
Dreger said it too. Hes pretty good. I Think its true, unfortunately.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:21 AM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Dreger said it too. Hes pretty good. I Think its true, unfortunately.
Just dug into the player movement thread (finally) and now I see: the owners' meeting.

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Keke Mortsons helmet

The threads on this forum tend to get locked faster than a fellow can reasonably be expected respond to them.

Keke Mortsons helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:11 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Today Carter didnt play with Nash and our offense was better I said it put Carter to another line with others wingers and all will be O.K.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:24 AM
EDM

Since it would be foolish to get rid of Carter after less than one season, I am sure it is part of H & P's rebuilding plan. I also think that H & P have used him as a scapegoat to save themselves with the owners.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Xoggz22

If Voracek continues to play at his current pace it does nothing but hurt Carter's value even more. I mean the kid's on pace for 45 points and appears to be in a steady decline the last few years. We got a steal getting Carter for a 45 pt player and picks.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:41 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
If Voracek continues to play at his current pace it does nothing but hurt Carter's value even more. I mean the kid's on pace for 45 points and appears to be in a steady decline the last few years. We got a steal getting Carter for a 45 pt player and picks.
The more I think about it, I think that any trade of Carter would be the domino that starts the "Full Rebuild" with Mike and Scott presiding.

A franchise rebuild thats strictly for the "on ice product", I would assume, would mean several more years with this management team conducting said rebuild....

For a fanbase on the brink, thats already staged a protest against the two clowns at the head of the front office, you can't honestly tell me that Mac Jr. is going to give these guys more than just next year without seeing results. How is he going to sell renewals? Come see the rebuilding jackets with Priest and Howson making the moves?

Old
02-04-2012, 07:44 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Since it would be foolish to get rid of Carter after less than one season, I am sure it is part of H & P's rebuilding plan. I also think that H & P have used him as a scapegoat to save themselves with the owners.
I think this is a portion of it. The media (not really the Columbus media, just clarifing.) has built Carter into this Prima Donna that hates Columbus and the fans and I don't think thats necessarily true.

I think the dude wants to win and would be perfectly happy here if we were. Unless he's asked for a trade, I don't move him.

Old
02-04-2012, 08:38 AM
OldGoaltender

I'd rather trade Nash.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

This has been pointed out before, but if equal or greater value can't be found in a trade for Carter, keep him. Let him work his way out, if he truly wants out, by playing. It could be a win win.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...r-of-time.html

That may be one of the biggest piles of crap ever produced by the Dispatch. That's saying a lot.

I would hope if you were going to compare somebody to Adam Foote, one would provide at least a little bit of supporting evidence.

I hate to call DMC, but...

Last edited by Samkow: 02-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:43 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...r-of-time.html

That may be one of the biggest piles of crap ever produced by the Dispatch. That's saying a lot.

I would hope if you were going to compare what somebody did for Foote, one would at least provide at least a little bit of supporting evidence.

I hate to call DMC, but...
That has been my biggest problem with this whole thing. We keep hearing how Carter wants out of here but where is the proof? Reporting without proof has become common place for the Dispatch Sports reporters of the Buckeye and Jackets the past few years.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
EspenK

Interesting comment from Spector on the timing of trading Carter-

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Carter’s contract doesn’t make him immovable, as witness the Blue Jackets willingness to take it on last summer. It does, however, make him very difficult to move, especially at this time of year, when teams lack the cap space and willingness to take on such a big contract. The best time to move Carter is in June, when teams have more cap space and willingness to spend. As for the Rangers, I expect they’ll shop around for a depth player or two by the trade deadline, but I don’t expect them to pursue a big name star. They’ll do that this summer.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:13 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 0
My problem with trading Carter is value. Its like driving a new car off the lot, and instantly the resale value of the car drops. But if the CBJ is executing the nuclear option and can swing a couple 1st rounder for him, then go for it.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
That has been my biggest problem with this whole thing. We keep hearing how Carter wants out of here but where is the proof? Reporting without proof has become common place for the Dispatch Sports reporters of the Buckeye and Jackets the past few years.
Whether there is proof he wants out or not, we will know by Feb 27. If he is traded by then, you can't fault the Dispatch. They are reporting that he will get traded by then and he's also unhappy. We shall see I guess.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Whether there is proof he wants out or not, we will know by Feb 27. If he is traded by then, you can't fault the Dispatch. They are reporting that he will get traded by then and he's also unhappy. We shall see I guess.
Even if he is traded that still does not equal proof that he demanded a trade, but that will be the spin.

I find it really unlikely that if he is traded that it will be at the dead line. There will be better deals in the off season.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote