HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA Kings interested in Nikolai Kulemin and Clarke MacArthur.

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Great insight you have there.
was there supposed to be a /sarcasm at the end? I can't tell.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:04 PM
IBLeaf*

No interest in trading Kulemin unless it's an upgrade to our top 6. Kulemin brings everything that Burke wants in a player. Speed, toughness, tenacity, and a nose for the net. Plus he is one of the few players on our team (Armstrong too) with great play along the boards.

No way we trade Kulemin and Mac for Brown. 2/3 or our 2nd line which has been carrying us recently for a marginal upgrade on Kulemin, in Dustin Brown.

No thank you.

I can see Burke asking for Mike Richards for Kulemin and Mac, but I doubt it. The Leafs 2nd line has been amazing and one of the reasons why we have a playoff spot right now.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofLA View Post
Brown is not available, TO and LA don't make good trade partners because is only offering dmen, picks, or upgrades on forwards already on the team( not including Kopi, Brown and Richards), prospects and maybe Bernier. It seems like TO is pretty much trying to do the same as LA in terms of improving their forwards
By your standard, neither of Kulemin & MacArthur are available either.

Fact is -- everyone is available, for the right price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Brown would THRIVE in Toronto, that much is sure, Kulemin and MacArthur, not so much in LA.

Having said that, there is no way Toronto pays what LA would theoretically want to trade Brown, they are doing well without him, and he doesn't fill an obvious need. He is an upgrade, but TOR needs a goaltender, and they need a C, they went out and blew their wad on a prayer and a chance that Connolly would stay healthy and he hasn't, I can see TOR trading for Stoll on LA if indeed a trade happens between the two teams, and, I would love for LA to get Boyce....

Stoll for Boyce is a trade I can see both teams doing...
If you actually knew anything about what goes on outside of La-la-land... you'd know that Connolly's health really hasn't been a problem this year. He's playing on the 3rd line because Bozak has found marginally better chemistry with Kessel/Lupul, while Connolly brings more to a 3rd line than Bozak does. Grabovski's play has also heated up to push him down another notch.

As for Stoll, no there is no interest. Toronto already has 4 centres at approximately his calibre.

Old
TorontoAvalanche

As a Leaf fan I'd do:

MacArthur + Kulemin + 1st for Brown.

Does that even get the ball rolling Kings fans?

Old
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
In reality there are only four "untouchable" players. Kopitar, Richards, Doughty, and Quick. Your going to find 3 or 4 "untouchables" on most teams, but I guess that doesn't make for a good sarcastic forum post, now does it?
I'd totally agree with all 4 of those guys being untouchable, but I've seen Brown, JJ and Clifford mentioned as untouchable to0. I'm sorry, I've been hearing for about 3 or 4 seasons about how the Kings were going to be this young up and coming team that had all of these young stars that would compete together for 10 years. They are a middle of the pack team with some nice assets, but way overrated for the most part. Nothing sarcastic about that.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
no

Dreger is so bad. First all the Ducks rumors now this.
Not necessarily attacking you.. But I don't understand comments like this.

Trade rumors are just that, rumors. Obviously GM's talk all the time. Names are mentioned. This is probably 100% true. But the talks don't always get resolved, ending up in no trade happening.

It doesn't mean the Kings were never interested in these two at all. Dreger isn't saying any trade between the two is happening for sure.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
By your standard, neither of Kulemin & MacArthur are available either.

Fact is -- everyone is available, for the right price.

If you actually knew anything about what goes on outside of La-la-land... you'd know that Connolly's health really hasn't been a problem this year. He's playing on the 3rd line because Bozak has found marginally better chemistry with Kessel/Lupul, while Connolly brings more to a 3rd line than Bozak does. Grabovski's play has also heated up to push him down another notch.

As for Stoll, no there is no interest. Toronto already has 4 centres at approximately his calibre.
Connolly's played 39 games out of 51, yea, health isn't an issue there, no really you're right.

He's playing 3rd line because he hasn't been producing the way they envisioned when they signed him.

But don't let facts get in your way, k?

BTW, Stoll would easily displace Bozak, in fact, there is a reason why Connolly and Lombardi were brought in to Toronto, no one had faith that Bozak could compete as a top line C....which, they still have no faith in that, he's been bounced around more than Pamela Anderson's bra's....but no really...Connolly has been living up to expectations...right?

Old
02-04-2012, 12:14 PM
oats
outshot

Burke will take whatever Americans the Kings have to offer

Old
02-04-2012, 12:14 PM
LilySmoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoAvalanche View Post
As a Leaf fan I'd do:

As a Leaf fan, I would have you stuffed in a sack and tossed into the ocean.

Hell ****ing no to that deal.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySmoov View Post
As a Leaf fan, I would have you stuffed in a sack and tossed into the ocean.

Hell ****ing no to that deal.
This.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:18 PM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
As a Leaf fan I'd do:

Lol, please tell me you only said this to see how stubborn the LA are (Yes I know TO fans can be stubborn too).

MacArthur alone FAR exceeds the difference between Brown and Kuli. And Macarthur, if traded for picks easily gets a late 1st (late being key), not a second as was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
As a Leaf fan I'd do:

So we mortgage the present and the future. Solid plan.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Connolly's played 39 games out of 51, yea, health isn't an issue there, no really you're right.

He's playing 3rd line because he hasn't been producing the way they envisioned when they signed him.

But don't let facts get in your way, k?

BTW, Stoll would easily displace Bozak, in fact, there is a reason why Connolly and Lombardi were brought in to Toronto, no one had faith that Bozak could compete as a top line C....which, they still have no faith in that, he's been bounced around more than Pamela Anderson's bra's....but no really...Connolly has been living up to expectations...right?
Did I say he's been 100% healthy? no. I'm sure the Leafs, like any reasonable team, expected Connolly to play about 60 games, or 3/4 of the season at best. He's played 76% of the team's games, about what can be reasonably expected of him.

Again, if you actually watched the Leafs instead of pretending to know what's going on, you'd know that the Kessel/Lupul combination's production was basically the same whether between Bozak or Connolly. Bozak has slightly better chemistry because he goes into the corners more, Connolly is the better offensive player. When it doesn't make a difference to the line's production, you might as well put Connolly on a different line because he'll get more out of those linemates than Bozak will.

BTW, Tyler Bozak is the team's #1 center right now, and he's there because he's close enough to our best centre while having the best chemistry with our top line wingers. No, Jarrett Stoll would not replace him. Connolly was brought to Toronto because the Leafs were desperate for talent in the middle and he was the best available. Lombardi was brought in because a) it allowed us to get Franson, and b) Connolly wasn't expected to play 82 games. Now that we have those 2 players, adding another comparable like Stoll makes absolutely no sense.

Just because the Leafs still need a #1 centre, doesn't mean they should trade for a #3 like Stoll. Like I said, they've got plenty of 2-3 guys already. The Leafs, like any team, have specific needs. When it comes to the centre ice position, it's for a playmaking centre that is a clear upgrade offensively on Bozak/Connolly. That isn't Jarrett Stoll by any stretch of the imagination. They don't need more depth, as mentioned, we've got Bozak, Grabovski, Connolly, Steckel, Lombardi and Boyce/Colborne. Trading for more depth makes absolutely no sense, especially when that depth is an impending UFA.

Last edited by seanlinden: 02-04-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
As a Leaf fan I'd do:

take the toronto out of your name please... this is insulting

Old
02-04-2012, 12:32 PM
TorontoAvalanche

lol.

Old
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

MacA + Rynnas for Bernier?

Old
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
**** that! LA can keep brown and we will keep Kulemin, you guys can have Mac for a couple picks though.
No. No they can't.

What is with the Mac hate lately? He's got 16 goals so far....granted he's struggled a bit and has been streaky but trading him for picks would be silly.

Kulemin's definitely struggled this season - been snakebitten even. Why would we trade him though? He's value around the league is undoubtedly less than he provides to the Leafs and even when he's not scoring he's still effective.

If LA's looking at MacArthur and Kulemin its likely they are looking for a "buy low" scenario that I seriously hope the Leafs don't give them especially while we are still in the fight for the playoffs.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

What Kings fans fail to realize is that no single prospect or even your 1st will entice Burke to trade 2/3 of our 2nd line in our still alive playoff push. Also, I don't see why Kulemin won't fetch a first considering your first will generally be below 20th. I see why MacArthur won't, but Kulemin just came off a 30 goal season and while he's not exactly scoring, his defense hasn't dropped off one bit. Either way, both Kulemin and MacArthur's values are at an all-time low and there is NOTHING on the Kings I would take for those two that they would offer if Brown and Richards are off the table (not even gonna bother with Kopitar or Doughty).

Old
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Did I say he's been 100% healthy? no. I'm sure the Leafs, like any reasonable team, expected Connolly to play about 60 games, or 3/4 of the season at best. He's played 76% of the team's games, about what can be reasonably expected of him.

Again, if you actually watched the Leafs instead of pretending to know what's going on, you'd know that the Kessel/Lupul combination's production was basically the same whether between Bozak or Connolly. Bozak has slightly better chemistry because he goes into the corners more, Connolly is the better offensive player. When it doesn't make a difference to the line's production, you might as well put Connolly on a different line because he'll get more out of those linemates than Bozak will.

BTW, Tyler Bozak is the team's #1 center right now, and he's there because he's close enough to our best centre while having the best chemistry with our top line wingers. No, Jarrett Stoll would not replace him. Connolly was brought to Toronto because the Leafs were desperate for talent in the middle and he was the best available. Lombardi was brought in because a) it allowed us to get Franson, and b) Connolly wasn't expected to play 82 games. Now that we have those 2 players, adding another comparable like Stoll makes absolutely no sense.

Just because the Leafs still need a #1 centre, doesn't mean they should trade for a #3 like Stoll. Like I said, they've got plenty of 2-3 guys already.
Connolly was the best available? You mean...after Brad Richards, right?

BTW, keep making assumptions about me not watching or following the Leafs, k?

The Leafs have a future #1 C in their system, they aren't going to trade Kulemin/MacArthur for one right now....they will however make a trade for a Stoll type C, until Colborne is ready next year...

Lombardi and Connolly were brought in because you were desperate for talent up the middle, pretty much what I said, you already had Bozak and Grabovski there, everyone knew that could not be your lineup 1-2 down the middle, so they overpaid for Connolly, and prayed that Lombardi would recover.

Like I said, a Stoll for Boyce trade makes sense for both teams, and yes, Stoll would replace Lombardi and Bozak in a heartbeat, but hey, what do I know, I don't watch the Leafs.....right?

Old
02-04-2012, 12:35 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
No. No they can't.

What is with the Mac hate lately? He's got 16 goals so far....granted he's struggled a bit and has been streaky but trading him for picks would be silly.

Kulemin's definitely struggled this season - been snakebitten even. Why would we trade him though? He's value around the league is undoubtedly less than he provides to the Leafs and even when he's not scoring he's still effective.

If LA's looking at MacArthur and Kulemin its likely they are looking for a "buy low" scenario that I seriously hope the Leafs don't give them especially while we are still in the fight for the playoffs.
Beyond the whole notion of "buying low" in the NHL being inherently flawed... the idea that the Kings can "buy low" on MacArthur is ridiculous at best. The guy is on pace to end up with around 25 goals, and makes $3.25m.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
No. No they can't.

Mac is streaky and that drives Leafs fans nuts. He's more or less like Hagman when he was here. When he's "on" he looks like a 40 goal scorer, when he's "off" it's like a bottom line plugger.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Terrence
Homeless

I really doubt LA will trade their fan favourite and captain.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue View Post
What Kings fans fail to realize is that no single prospect or even your 1st will entice Burke to trade 2/3 of our 2nd line in our still alive playoff push. Also, I don't see why Kulemin won't fetch a first considering your first will generally be below 20th. I see why MacArthur won't, but Kulemin just came off a 30 goal season and while he's not exactly scoring, his defense hasn't dropped off one bit. Either way, both Kulemin and MacArthur's values are at an all-time low and there is NOTHING on the Kings I would take for those two that they would offer if Brown and Richards are off the table (not even gonna bother with Kopitar or Doughty).
Exactly. I just don't see a deal between the teams for Kulemin, it doesn't make sense. MacArthur, yea, that could be worked out, but why would the Leafs do it if they aren't upgrading?

Old
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
No. No they can't.

I don't hate Mac, I just realize he is more or less a product of Kulemin and Grabovski. If you put Kadri on a line with them I'm sure Kadri would be close to putting up the same numbers as Mac.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:38 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
Not necessarily attacking you.. But I don't understand comments like this.

Trade rumors are just that, rumors. Obviously GM's talk all the time. Names are mentioned. This is probably 100% true. But the talks don't always get resolved, ending up in no trade happening.

It doesn't mean the Kings were never interested in these two at all. Dreger isn't saying any trade between the two is happening for sure.
QFT

Dregs is an insider, no question about that, & as long as there is credibility behind the name I don't see why people get upset over it and assume he's reaching around to shove **** in their face. This isn't senseless Eklund drivel we're talking about here..

Closed Thread