HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Part XXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 11:37 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Once you think about it, people calling Turris a bad boy or a traded were being dumb. There was nothing to suggest the sort and many people in the game vouched for him.

Not the same thing with Carter, far from it, and he's locked in for 10 years.
Of course they were. It was premature. Same with all this Carter talk about him being a cancer.

He is obviously a party guy and Murray doesn't want anymore **** obviously after what has transpired in Ottawa, but don't be foolish enough to think this stuff doesn't still happen.

Carter is a top goal scorer on a pretty good contract. I don't care if Ottawa gets him(doesnt really fit), but to disagree with that statement, is just wrong.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:25 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

If the Sens are still in a playoffs spot at the TD, these are the players they should look into acquiring.

Radim Vrbata
Sammy Pahlsson
Jussi Jokinen
Drew Stafford
Michael Grabner
Ted Purcell
Andrew Ladd
Bryan Little

Rusty Klesla
Kyle Quincey
Trevor Daley
PK Subban
Jordan Leopold
Joni Pitkanen
Fedor Tyutin
Ladi Smid
Mark Streit
Toni Lydman

Pipe dreams: Perry and Ryan

Now obviously not all these guys are available, some are more than others, but it couldn't hurt to inquire about them.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:54 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
Philly trade Richards and Carter to get them away from their team... for off ice reasons... off ice reasons they attempted repeatedly to deal with internally. All this came out in the media. Carter likes to party and drink and the Flyers instituted a sobriety plan for the team mid season Richards or Carter would not sign on to. Why they got moved... why I wouldn't take Cater for free. We do not need these problems in Ottawa.

How bad were things off ice to move Richards who on ice was a warrior, like Bobby Clarke? To me Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are such damaged goods they make Heatley seem like maybe an angel!

Stay clear my friends... Carter for Butler straight up and I say no!!!!! we do not want problem man with a decade long contract!!!!!!
Funny, the day after Philly traded Richards & Carter, I met Garrioch at a diner & he told me that they were both partiers & were more trouble than they were worth.

I think Carolina could be the team which would make the best trading partner with Ottawa at the deadline. I don't know why any team would move their star young player unless they were serious issues with them. Parise, Ryan & Suter I think will all stay with their respective teams.

Ruutu's brother played in Ottawa, Tuomo would fit immediately on Spezza's LW, he plays with grit & determination something this team needs more of. Carolina also has a big tough defenceman Ottawa could use in Allen. It seems to me that these two would be the best fit but at what price & what is Murray prepared to deal & not deal. This deal would also fit nicely for next yr when Ottawa adds a few prospects.

Ruutu - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfredson
Greening - Z. Smith - Condra - Zibanejad replaces Smith next yr
Daugavins - Winchester - Neil/Konopka - Smith replaces Winchester & Silfverberg replaces Daugavins next yr

Allen - Karlsson - Kuba is traded for a 2nd/3rd rd pick
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Carkner/Lee

Anderson - Auld - Lehner replaces Auld next yr

Last edited by aragorn: 02-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old
02-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Minister of Offence

Much less point bringing in Allen and Ruutu as rentals if you're gonna trade away Kuba.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

My gut tells me we're after Brenden Morrow.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
My gut tells me we're after Brenden Morrow.
If you're Dallas, what's your price?

Old
02-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
If you're Dallas, what's your price?
1st, Good prospect, and a decent roster player

Old
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
1st, Good prospect, and a decent roster player
1st, Puempel, Greening

Would that do it for you?

Would you demand Noesen (Plano, TX)? Would you demand Foligno instead of Greening?

Or maybe they'd demand Silfverberg in the place of Puempel.

I'm not being a ***** here I'm just discussing some realistic questions.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
1st, Puempel, Greening

Would that do it for you?
wouldn't give up Greening or Foligno, more like: 1st+Noesen+Condra....overpayment imo; but you've gotta give to get.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Not saying I'm right, but as a hunch I think the first thing a trading partner would ask for is Zibanejad.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Not saying I'm right, but as a hunch I think the first thing a trading partner would ask for is Zibanejad.
apparently that's the first guy the Yotes asked for when negotiating the Turris deal.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
wouldn't give up Greening or Foligno, more like: 1st+Noesen+Condra....overpayment imo; but you've gotta give to get.
I wouldn't wanna give up Greening but I imagine to entice a team to give up their captain you'd probably have to give up the guy that made the young stars game, a 6'3 215 LW that skated with Hagelin.

I'd rather give up Greening then Noesen.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Quote:
apparently that's the first guy the Yotes asked for when negotiating the Turris deal.
And that is what I'm basing my hunch on. He has the most credibility and fanfare among our prospects. He is the number #1 target if the sens try and deal for a top 6 if I'm another G.M

Old
02-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
They shouldn't get a sniff from anyone if they are asking for top level prospects in exchange for Morrow. He's being outscored by Steve Ott and is a 33 year old PF. The main reason we're talking 3 pieces at all, if that would even be the case, is because they'd be trading their captain on a contract.

Quote:
That's because Turris is 22...and it turns out both sides probably knew Turris was a 2nd line center...or was gonna be.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Afro Thunder*

Philly getting destroyed. They need some D.

Lee or Carkner plus Greening for Simmonds. / wishful thinking.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:24 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
I'm not dealing Noesen whatsoever. That guy has intangibles plus loads of skill.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:26 PM
ULoveMe

Quote:
And the first thing we reply with is F YOU!

Old
02-04-2012, 02:46 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I wouldn't wanna give up Greening but I imagine to entice a team to give up their captain you'd probably have to give up the guy that made the young stars game, a 6'3 215 LW that skated with Hagelin.

I'd rather give up Greening then Noesen.
Greening could turn into a larger version of Morrow with less scoring, we should never consider giving him up. I would also prefer that if we are going to have to give up our 1st it should be for a younger player that will be with our team for a few yrs. I like Noesen too but at the moment he only has more offensive potential than Greening & Greening already has 27 pts in his first NHL season.

Ruutu is younger than Morrow, can play C or LW, also plays with some grit, has a Stanley Cup ring & has two brothers with Ottawa ties. Allen brings the toughness that Kuba lacks but we would lose Kuba's offence which we make up with the players we get back. Trading Kuba to Philly for one of their young roster players (VRD, Schenn or Simmons) would also help. I would like to see a line of Z. Smith - Ruutu - Simmons, they would be hard line to place against at both ends of the ice.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Greening could turn into a larger version of Morrow with less scoring, we should never consider giving him up. I would also prefer that if we are going to have to give up our 1st it should be for a younger player that will be with our team for a few yrs. I like Noesen too but at the moment he only has more offensive potential than Greening & Greening already has 27 pts in his first NHL season.

Ruutu is younger than Morrow, can play C or LW, also plays with some grit, has a Stanley Cup ring & has two brothers with Ottawa ties. Allen brings the toughness that Kuba lacks but we would lose Kuba's offence which we make up with the players we get back. Trading Kuba to Philly for one of their young roster players (VRD, Schenn or Simmons) would also help. I would like to see a line of Z. Smith - Ruutu - Simmons, they would be hard line to place against at both ends of the ice.
If we want Morrow, you will have to give up something you don't wanna give up. If it was easy to get Morrow, lots of teams would be in the market for him. I have no interest in giving up Greening, but if it's for a guy like Morrow that's a realistic request from the other side...considering Morrow comes back, Foligno plays LW and is better than Greening, Silfverberg plays LW, Prince, Puempel....it's something that we might be able to justify.

So we shouldn't ever consider giving up Greening but we have a hope in hell of netting Simmonds or Schenn from Philly?

And Noesen holds more value in the organization over Greening, as a home town boy, one of few in the NHL for Dallas...he'd likely hold more value for Dallas too and might be a demand. Especially considering several of the Stars know Noesen.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:57 PM
topshelfie

morrow on the IR again with shoulder, neck and back issues...

Old
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Rebuilding teams shouldn't be throwing around their young players for aging veterans who are on the decline. I'd much rather use Greening/Noesen/whatever in the acquisition of a young top 6 forward who we can build around.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
morrow on the IR again with shoulder, neck and back issues...
This is why you don't trade assets like you guys are talking about for a 30-year old power forward

Old
02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
This is why you don't trade assets like you guys are talking about for a 30-year old power forward
Agreed.

The biggest problem I see with simmonds is the depth we have at RW we just don't need another RW right now.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Afro Thunder*

I would rather we trade for a top 4 dman, unlike the top 6 spots we have a couple of prospects that could fill that hole soon as next year, Silfverberg, Zibby and Petersson and some not too far away, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Prince etc. For defence we have ****ing nobody to fill those top 4 spots.

I am the least worried about forwards, its the D that currently sucks.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:16 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Ruutu doesn't have a Cup ring. He's only made the playoffs once, which was recently when Carolina made it to the conference finals and got swept by Pittsburgh in 2009. He had 4 points in 16 games.

I would be concerned about trading Kuba's defensive ability just as much as his offensive ability. He's a much better D-man than Allen is and toughness is a much lesser dimension in hockey than 'offense' or 'defense'.

Closed Thread