HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 12:39 AM
  #126
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
You two should just leg wrestle and the winner wins the argument.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
  #127
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i couldn't care less about non-Flyers goalies.
i want the Flyers to win the CUP & i like evaluating goalie performances.

period.
I don't think you get it. This IS about a Flyers goalie. I was giving you other examples from around the NHL to try and help you understand the problem this team has. We have a player (goalie, specifically...the position where bad play can have the most negative impact) sucking down a lot of Cap hit who is severely underperforming...like, AHL-level-of-play underperforming. That's a huge issue.

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to grasp: Having a 9 year, 5.7 million dollar goalie perform as badly/inconsistently as Bryz has is extraordinarily bad for the team. You seem to be in severe denial about that. Go hop on twitter, ask any hockey expert you want. Send Bill Meltzer a PM here (Sorry Bill, hope you don't mind). I highly doubt they will disagree.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
  #128
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Pretty much.

Ilya Bryzgalov buyout from CapGeek.com
2013-14: -$690,476
2014-15: $1,309,524
2015-16: $1,309,524
2016-17: $1,809,524
2017-18: $1,809,524
2018-19: $5,059,524
2019-20: $6,059,524
2020-21: $1,642,857
2021-22: $1,642,857
2022-23: $1,642,857
2023-24: $1,642,857
2024-25: $1,642,857
2025-26: $1,642,857
2026-27: $1,642,857
I wonder if Flyers could get some sort of amnesty during/after/before new CBA? Like what we did with John LeClair? Pay it off and be done with it.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
  #129
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
again, i'm not here to 'make a point' - are you learning impaired ?
not everybody: just the self admitted biased people, like you
your avatar shows you are biased. it is a target. it's a give-away that YOU are anti-Bryz .. don't say 'everybody' .... only the biased ones get labelled anti this or pro that.
the people that disagree with my evaluations of the goalie performances are entitled to their views, just like you. those who constantly rip one of the goalies and have idiotic 'this goalie is a BUM' avatars and show they are not being objective on those evaluations get called out as being biased. like you. too bad.
if i disagree with your assessments on the performances, i'll tell you. i say your evaluation of Bryz is biased, just the fact that you call him a bum is evidence enough. sorry, but that's what happens.
he's not my man, i like both goalies equally and judge them equally. that's your problem, you think everybody has to take sides. no, we don't. i'm a fan of both goalies equally
listen here, Clint Eastwood, you do NOT give me 'options' .... you like flashing the cute BUM avatar, and show your bias in your posts, then get used to people noticing ... i'm not pissing and moaning about your avatar, i'm laughing at it, and the way it shows how biased you are, preventing you from being taken seriously when you give your opinions on the Flyers goalies.
go ahead, make my day
Alright. I have had enough.

I've tried to have an intelligent conversation with you. That fact that everything for you leads back to my avatar (most likely because you have no facts to back up your blunt objective opinion that Bryz has played well this season and that you are a raging closet Mr. Universe fan) has led this to go nowhere.

You can sit there and piss and moan and call me anti Bryz despite me throwing a bunch of my posts applauding Bryz in your moronic face.

Be a closet Bryz fan

So you shall get the same back san, the closet Bryz fan. I will root and ask the for more playing time for the goaltender that is playing the best. I will continue to provide stats and facts to back up my opinions.

You continue to sit there and at like a babbling imbecile.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-02-2012 at 01:53 PM.
hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:51 PM
  #130
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
closet ? no, i'm an OPEN fan of BOTH goalies.
YOU are the one who clearly is anti-one of the Flyers goalies with your stupid childish moronic avatar, and the way you suddenly discount STATS AND FACTS.

stats show they are playing THE SAME. i have no rooting interest, besides seeing BOTH goalies do well.

better hope this guy is wrong:

http://flyerdave.blogspot.com/2012/0....html?spref=fb

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:57 PM
  #131
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 13,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

LOL, that trade is sooo laffably bad.

i dont think Holmgren could step out of his house for fear of his life if he did that trade.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
  #132
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
closet ? no, i'm an OPEN fan of BOTH goalies.
YOU are the one who clearly is anti-one of the Flyers goalies with your stupid childish moronic avatar, and the way you suddenly discount STATS AND FACTS.

stats show they are playing THE SAME. i have no rooting interest, besides seeing BOTH goalies do well.

better hope this guy is wrong:

http://flyerdave.blogspot.com/2012/0....html?spref=fb
We all better hope.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:20 PM
  #133
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
You two should just leg wrestle and the winner wins the argument.
there is no argument on my end ... i don't care who is in net for the Flyers. i have no rooting interest / preference. i don't care about contracts, 24/7, cap hits --- i'm just assessing each goalie's performances without bias.

i don't care who is 'the #1', who makes more money, or the organizational decision to sign a new goalie after last year.

stats show they are playing equally well in their last 5 games.

i root equally for both.

i'll certainly argue that anybody with a "BUM" avatar is obviously biased in their assessments of the goalies play

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:20 PM
  #134
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
closet ? no, i'm an OPEN fan of BOTH goalies.
YOU are the one who clearly is anti-one of the Flyers goalies with your stupid childish moronic avatar, and the way you suddenly discount STATS AND FACTS.

stats show they are playing THE SAME. i have no rooting interest, besides seeing BOTH goalies do well.

better hope this guy is wrong:

http://flyerdave.blogspot.com/2012/0....html?spref=fb
What stats have I discounted?

I was the very first on in the Bryz thread saying we couldn't pin last nights loss on him.

I said he has played better (although when you're in the cellar of the NHL goalie department, the only way is up)

Got to LOL at the way you eagerly anticipate a average 5 game streak out of your man just so you can come on here and have some decent stats to post for once....come to think of it it is only the second time you have posted any stats. Wonder why? Do tell closet boy.


Last edited by SnS: 02-02-2012 at 12:04 AM.
hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:31 PM
  #135
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
What stats have I discounted?
I managed to prove with FACTS AND STATS, that Bryz has put up equal numbers to Bob in the last 5 games.

Bryz faced a team currently in a playoff spot 4 times while doing so, compared to Bob's 1 time.
there is NO debate. stone cold facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Congrats? You managed to prove Bryz has played average for 5 games this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Also if you can count NJ as a potential playoff contender you can count FL who has near identical stats as one too. So Bob is even to Bryz's 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Technically Minnesota are in the playoffs currently because of how average the bottom 9 are in the WC.
there you discounted the stats, suddenly calling Bob's stats 'average', and trying to convince everybody here that being in a playoff spot is the same as being out of a playoff spot, and that certain teams are in a playoff spot because 'all the other teams stink' .... why?? because Bob only played 1 game against a playoff spot team & Bryz put up equal numbers while playing 4 games against current playoff spot teams ..... and you can't have that, can you ? it makes Bryz's stats actually look better over those 5 games, since he did it while facing more playoff spot teams ....

what a JOKE


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:34 PM
  #136
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
I managed to prove with FACTS AND STATS, that Bryz has put up equal numbers to Bob in the last 5 games.

Bryz faced a team currently in a playoff spot 4 times while doing so, compared to Bob's 1 time.
there is NO debate. stone cold facts.







there you discounted the stats, suddenly calling Bob's stats 'average', and trying to convince everybody here that being in a playoff spot is the same as being out of a playoff spot, and that certain teams are in a playoff spot because 'all the other teams stink' .... why?? because Bob only played 1 game against a playoff spot team & Bryz put up equal numbers while playing 4 games against current playoff spot teams ..... and you can't have that, can you ? it makes Bryz's stats actually look better over those 5 games, since he did it while facing more playoff spot teams ....

what a JOKE
What the flying fack are you talking about.


Last edited by SnS: 02-02-2012 at 12:05 AM.
hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
  #137
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
everybody can read and comprehend what you said .... go ahead, deny that you discounted the STATS all you want & plead ignorance all you want ...... I'd expect nothing less from someone as biased as you

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:34 AM
  #138
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,561
vCash: 500
Bryz is gonna kick ass in the 2nd half.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:55 AM
  #139
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Bryz is gonna kick ass in the 2nd half.
I sure hope you're right

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
  #140
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,521
vCash: 500
Debate the topic, not the poster. Thank you.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
  #141
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Bryz is gonna kick ass in the 2nd half.
i hope both goalies do !

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:38 AM
  #142
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Bob going today vs NJD !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
  #143
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
i LOVE the brown equipment !!

can't blame him on the PP goals, the Kovi shorty was just like Karlsson for OTT vs Bryz - not his fault

but the 3rd goal: late in the 1st ... juicy rebound, should have deflected it into the corner with time running out ... made no attempt to get up .... stayed down & got beat over the shoulder ... brutal / back breaking goal

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  #144
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i LOVE the brown equipment !!

can't blame him on the PP goals, the Kovi shorty was just like Karlsson for OTT vs Bryz - not his fault

but the 3rd goal: late in the 1st ... juicy rebound, should have deflected it into the corner with time running out ... made no attempt to get up .... stayed down & got beat over the shoulder ... brutal / back breaking goal
This is lol worthy.

You claim to be a goalie and you claim to be unbiased. Your evaluation here shows that you are neither. The shot hit him up high. Nothing he could do about the rebound direction. And he made a very clear attempt to get over for the rebound, he just couldn't recover quick enough because he had gone down for the 1st shot.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  #145
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,637
vCash: 500
Overall, Bob was damned good. He made some big stops, but was pretty much playing on his own. No goalie is going to win this game.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:51 PM
  #146
AlexandreBurrows
Registered User
 
AlexandreBurrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
In my pool I've been waiting the whole year for bryz to be number 1. It's finally happening, muuahahahahahahahahahaha

I woke up this morning and heard on the radio 6-0 nj over philly and i thought, bryz had another stinker. Finally it was bob, muahahahahahahaa

AlexandreBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:57 PM
  #147
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreBurrows View Post
In my pool I've been waiting the whole year for bryz to be number 1. It's finally happening, muuahahahahahahahahahaha

I woke up this morning and heard on the radio 6-0 nj over philly and i thought, bryz had another stinker. Finally it was bob, muahahahahahahaa

Bob's playing time is not going to get penalized for this game. Refs let it get out of hand and that was that.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:44 PM
  #148
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwaybro86 View Post
Nothing he could do about the rebound direction. And he made a very clear attempt to get over for the rebound, he just couldn't recover quick enough because he had gone down for the 1st shot.
i think you are not talking about the same goal i am.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:46 PM
  #149
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Overall, Bob was damned good. He made some big stops, but was pretty much playing on his own. No goalie is going to win this game.
what ??

they lost by 2. he gave up 1 bad goal for sure.
[some say 2, but i say 1]

this was 5-4 without goal #3

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:47 PM
  #150
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Bob's playing time is not going to get penalized for this game.
it BETTER not be. not his fault, they didn't play for 45 minutes !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.