HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No help, gotta do it ourselves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
  #1
juuj*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
No help, gotta do it ourselves

Anyways first thread, not sure if I'm doing it right, so bare with me.

Well we went 0-3 today for all the matinee games help wise. Pitt won, Caps won and Jersey killed it. I think this will probably be the trend moving forward, teams just ahead and below us are all winning. We are not gonna get much help the rest of the way, gonna have to do it on our own.

So that means cant be going on any long losing streak, one of those just might take us down between a couple teams and that is a long climb to get out. So it starts tonight, gotta break the door down to get in the show and no matter what all the haters( people who say their leaf fans and other teams fans alike) this is the year for us to do it.

Once we get in this year, it just makes it easier for us all the years going forward. This is one of those great sports weekend, to make it even better I just need us to win tonight, Diaz to win in the U.F.C(not that i like him just want g.s.p to kick his ass) and Giants to win tomorrow(got a grand on it) and I will be a happy man. So what does every else think about it? Oh and also have a great weekend everyone and just for fun who is everyone cheering for in the Superbowl?

juuj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
  #2
Hero
Raptors 13/14
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,906
vCash: 50
Brutal day for us, if we can win it tonight it's still a positive day

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
  #3
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
in b4 mooseOAK

Anyways hope we win today

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
  #4
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,593
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuj View Post
Anyways first thread, not sure if I'm doing it right, so bare with me.

Well we went 0-3 today for all the matinee games help wise. Pitt won, Caps won and Jersey killed it. I think this will probably be the trend moving forward, teams just ahead and below us are all winning. We are not gonna get much help the rest of the way, gonna have to do it on our own.

So that means cant be going on any long losing streak, one of those just might take us down between a couple teams and that is a long climb to get out. So it starts tonight, gotta break the door down to get in the show and no matter what all the haters( people who say their leaf fans and other teams fans alike) this is the year for us to do it.

Once we get in this year, it just makes it easier for us all the years going forward. This is one of those great sports weekend, to make it even better I just need us to win tonight, Diaz to win in the U.F.C(not that i like him just want g.s.p to kick his ass) and Giants to win tomorrow(got a grand on it) and I will be a happy man. So what does every else think about it? Oh and also have a great weekend everyone and just for fun who is everyone cheering for in the Superbowl?
Should have just posted this in the GDT. No need to make a thread about how the Leafs need to win to make the playoffs lol.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
  #5
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,831
vCash: 500
You should never rely on others losing. Though, with 5 teams battling (you can argue 6 with Winnipeg) and 4 making it, its good odds. I see Sens as the odd team out, many will probably agree with me. I think we finish 7th and face... Boston first round. Devils as the 8th seed. Caps 3rd, Panthers 6th. Just my prediction.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
  #6
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Whatever, some nights everyone loses, some nights everyone wins, it all evens out. I smell Senator, it's limping and bleeding, and ready to be passed for good!

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  #7
juuj*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Should have just posted this in the GDT. No need to make a thread about how the Leafs need to win to make the playoffs lol.
I dont even know what that is GDT, but ill keep it in mind but yea i dont ever want to depend on other losing but to go 0-3 and 2 of those was playing very good teams but like i said gotta win to get in.

juuj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:34 PM
  #8
juuj*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Just looking for some separation but I dont think it will happen. Hate lingering around, we got to much points to pick high even if we slid and we dont have enuff points to even have a breather or be sure. Yes this is what I expected but as the games starts to cut down Im getting more and more anxious.

juuj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:42 PM
  #9
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Igy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,987
vCash: 500
All we have to worry about is winning at this point.

Igy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:46 PM
  #10
Obama
Registered User
 
Obama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post
All we have to worry about is winning at this point.

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:48 PM
  #11
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 90
we win tonight, we are back in a Playoff spot

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:54 PM
  #12
juuj*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Yes sir, just gotta win..and it starts tonight, what ever happens at the end of the season, all I can say is I haven't had this much excitement for a leafs game this late in the season since I think the year where we got knocked out by that islanders win in the shoot out. Man I remember being at the bar jumping around when the leafs came back and won against Montreal then to be so disappointed the next day all in a 24hrs span, don't want that feeling again. So now I'm just waiting on my beers, should be here by game time. Cant wait Go Leafs Go!!!

juuj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
  #13
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuj View Post
Yes sir, just gotta win..and it starts tonight, what ever happens at the end of the season, all I can say is I haven't had this much excitement for a leafs game this late in the season since I think the year where we got knocked out by that islanders win in the shoot out. Man I remember being at the bar jumping around when the leafs came back and won against Montreal then to be so disappointed the next day all in a 24hrs span, don't want that feeling again. So now I'm just waiting on my beers, should be here by game time. Cant wait Go Leafs Go!!!
New Jersey scoring with no time left...

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.