HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 52: Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanche - Feb 4 - 12:00PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
hahahaha

I'm pissed. I hope AV bag skates them.

I love the trolling aspect though. hahahaah avs.
He already did, yesterday before they flew out to Denver.

Old
02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I agree Vigneault is a terrible coach. Look at last season... oh wait.

Wet, I always respect your posts but when you can respond to an AV criticism with something other than a reference to his record, we can talk. So AV is doing really well lately considering the amount of points we have right? I assumed an Adams calibre coach could manage to motivate and prepare his team so they don't fluke out OT appearances for the last 10 games or so.

Old
02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
tantalum

Imagine how many wins they could have if they tried?

Btw the wings have a bunch of OT games lately as well. It's some midseason doldrums from a team the worked hard to get a big division lead and is now floating through this part of the schedule. I think they need to stop floating but it isn't that surprising.

Old
02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
AvantiCanada*

Hey all

I am a long time lurker that has decided that this may be the time to sign up and take part in the discussion. I hope this isnít too rambly.

I feel the team is better than it is showing now, and am frustrated like everyone else in the way they have been playing. I still have faith that this team can win the Cup.

I feel as if the team is missing a key ingredient. The team doesnít stand up for itself at all. If a player gets cheap shotted, no one stands up for the player. Additionally, our play along the boards really suffers when a guy like Higgins isnít in the line up.

I really appreciate the team Gillis is trying to build. Disciplined, fast and skilled. Many around here call it ďthe Detroit modelĒ. Iím not sure this model can exist outside Detroit. I donít think weíll ever get calls like Detroit does. And no, Iím not whining about officiating, its just a general observation that power plays donít come as easily to Vancouver. There is clearly a mandate from the league not to give the Canucks easy power plays. Gillis should take this as a signal from the league that in the playoffs the Canucks will not get power plays. Our 5 on 5 play must improve.

I donít think the team should go out and get goons. I most certainly donít think they should change their system or style. I just think they need a bit more sandpaper in the top 9.

I also think our defence could use a steady influence with a first pass. The other problem I see with the defence is the lack of a genuine Crease clearing Dman. I canít remember the last one we had- Allen? Ohlund? I think Ballard is coming along nicely, but may be too pricey for our team in the long run, and a bit too small to fill the roll of crease clearer(even though he is feisty).

Thanks for reading my rants guys, I hope to become an active member of the boards.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinka Dene View Post
Hey all

I am a long time lurker that has decided that this may be the time to sign up and take part in the discussion. I hope this isnít too rambly.

I feel the team is better than it is showing now, and am frustrated like everyone else in the way they have been playing. I still have faith that this team can win the Cup.

I feel as if the team is missing a key ingredient. The team doesnít stand up for itself at all. If a player gets cheap shotted, no one stands up for the player. Additionally, our play along the boards really suffers when a guy like Higgins isnít in the line up.

I really appreciate the team Gillis is trying to build. Disciplined, fast and skilled. Many around here call it ďthe Detroit modelĒ. Iím not sure this model can exist outside Detroit. I donít think weíll ever get calls like Detroit does. And no, Iím not whining about officiating, its just a general observation that power plays donít come as easily to Vancouver. There is clearly a mandate from the league not to give the Canucks easy power plays. Gillis should take this as a signal from the league that in the playoffs the Canucks will not get power plays. Our 5 on 5 play must improve.

I donít think the team should go out and get goons. I most certainly donít think they should change their system or style. I just think they need a bit more sandpaper in the top 9.

I also think our defence could use a steady influence with a first pass. The other problem I see with the defence is the lack of a genuine Crease clearing Dman. I canít remember the last one we had- Allen? Ohlund? I think Ballard is coming along nicely, but may be too pricey for our team in the long run, and a bit too small to fill the roll of crease clearer(even though he is feisty).

Thanks for reading my rants guys, I hope to become an active member of the boards.
Welcome!

Old
valkynax

the Avs' first freaking shoot out loss, and it's against...our orca boys...

I...am lost. As an orca fan I feel like i'm in the middle of atlantic ocean with no map or gps or radio...

Old
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinka Dene View Post
Hey all

Welcome aboard.

Old
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Wet, I always respect your posts but when you can respond to an AV criticism with something other than a reference to his record, we can talk. So AV is doing really well lately considering the amount of points we have right? I assumed an Adams calibre coach could manage to motivate and prepare his team so they don't fluke out OT appearances for the last 10 games or so.
And yet they are still winning. Seems that the winning record should be noted.

Old
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

With like 5 mins left the Witch finally came over and couldn't figure out why I was freaking out. I said the Canucks were playing like total garbage and she say's "So, they'll still win." And there you have it. We get 2 points we didn't deserve and now I owe her 5 bucks because I have no faith and bet against the powers that be

Old
02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Nick the Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Basically I've been calling my gf a witch(I'm a big Python fan) because for the past 6 years she will always tell me whats going to happen in a hockey game. Its really very frustrating to always know before its even begun, especially considering she knows very little about hockey. So I've been asking her to make predictions about the games and posting them here to share my pain with you all.

Prediction Tracker

FLA: Vancouver would score around the 3 minute mark and that would be the only goal we'd score and lose. VAN scored at 3:11 and lost 2-1.

TB: Vancouver would win by one goal possibly in overtime. VAN wins 5-4 in SO.

STL: Vancouver would win 3-2. VAN wins 3-2.

ANA: Vancouver would lose 4-2. VAN loses 4-2.
She said Vancouver was playing a team with black and orange.
She also said we'll probably look good in the first but flush it away in the 2nd and 3rd.
Then while we were watching the game she said the Canucks would score with around 3 mins left in the 3rd and it would be the last goal of the game.
The Canucks lost 4-2, while being tied in the first and letting the game get away in the 2nd and 3rd. They also scored with 3:20 left in the 3rd and it was the last goal of the game...

LAK: Vancouver would win. Vancouver lost 3-2(SO) - Wrong

SJS: Vancouver would win. Canucks won 4-3.

EDM: Vancouver would win and pot 3. Vancouver wins 3-2(SO) - Might not count as I fell asleep before being able to post.

CHI: Vancouver would win. Vancouver won 3-2.
The Witch knew the Canucks were at home tonight and the team they were playing a team with a jersey colour combo of black, white, red and yellow.
She said a shutout was a possibility, but that sure as hell didn't pan out.
She also said there would be an injury. Higgins caught the flu some time around the game and couldn't play the next against DET. Does that count?

DET: Vancouver would lose a close game in OT/SO. Vancouver lost 4-3 in SO.

The prediction so far for today is simply a Canucks win against the Avs.

I'll possibly get more info when she calls around 10.

Not a bad track record. Kinda creepy actually.

Eklund beware, WitchHockeyBuzz.com is coming up!

Old
yoss

im tempted to take a peek in the GDT of the avs haha don't think i'll post anything though that would be troll overkill

Old
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Was that the same stanchion as the SJ one? (i mean same side)

02-04-2012, 05:02 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
With like 5 mins left the Witch finally came over and couldn't figure out why I was freaking out. I said the Canucks were playing like total garbage and she say's "So, they'll still win." And there you have it. We get 2 points we didn't deserve and now I owe her 5 bucks because I have no faith and bet against the powers that be
She said 8-1. I say your witch is a phony!

Old
sticknrink

TBH it looks like the core guys that had the run last year kind of dont' care about the regular season games. They won't admit it but it's not something that they go 110% for anymore. When they're on the losing end and the game's almost over you usually start seeing them start to take over the game.

Old
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Have you used her abilities for monetary gain yet?

Old
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
valkynax

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
im tempted to take a peek in the GDT of the avs haha don't think i'll post anything though that would be troll overkill
GDT of the Avs was as expected - 24 pages of cheering plus 2 pages of hilarity (mostly "****" and "**** this!!")

Old
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
King of Anarchy

It's been a while...

Old
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
thecupismine

vCash: 50
LOOOL How in God's name did they win that? Good teams win games they don't deserve to win, but today was still an absolutely pathetic effort by the team. Luongo and Schneider have been bailing the boys out for a little while now and I hope the rest of the team recognizes that and gets their stuff together soon.

On another note, this is the worst stretch of regular season hockey the Sedins have played since the stretch run in the 2007-2008 season. There's more depth to hide it this time around, but you know things are not going well at all when they have to be split up. This terrible run of play is bordering on October-Luongo proportions; hopefully the Sedins can pick up their play the same way Lu does.

Puck support was better today, but the forwards were, for the most part, inept in the offensive zone. Too many shots against as well. Needless to say, there's a lot of things for them to work on in practice.

Old
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Well let us hear from Carlos Santana about that:

Old
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post

It's been a while...
Not really. He's stolen so many points for us in the last couple weeks.

Old
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Have you used her abilities for monetary gain yet?
Are you suggesting Pipkin become a pimp?

Old
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I agree Vigneault is a terrible coach. Look at last season... oh wait.

Even good coaches sometimes lose the team.

I think it might be time for him to move on.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Welcome aboard.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

All this game proved was how bad of a coach Vigneault is...

Old
02-04-2012, 05:06 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
I think good teams stay in games they have no business being in, and the canucks have done this for a few games in a row and their position in the conference is still one game from the top.

They are not playing good hockey, you're right. But it is probably more of a lull than a significant problem that can only be solved by a significant trade deadline acquisition.
lulls don't last for a month.

They have not been good enough for the majority of the season.

Closed Thread