Zach Parise

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Not sure where you get that from... the system looks plenty fun... hell, Pittsburgh plays the exact same system the Wild do.
Maybe on paper it's supposed to be.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
Maybe on paper it's supposed to be.
you have a point, but somewhat mitigating the negativity is the fact that the "system" would closer resemble Pitts if we had more of the talent they do. so, if Parise enters the picture and we get healthier, it's going to look about the same.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:58 PM
forthewild

People *****ing about the system need to stop, the last win streak has shown the suffocating forecheck, and the excitement.

Trust me any system is hard to run with a ****** D, bridin more mature scandy will help that

Old
02-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Doubt Parise's the type of player to shy away from signing somewhere because of the system.

Also I think Yeo's a fantastic coach from what I've seen this year. Makes adjustments based on his personnel, guys play aggressive when they have bodies and talent and trap when they don't.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Surly Furious

We ought to start a fan letter writing campaign:

Quote:
Dear Zac,

Hope you play for the Wild next year.

Sincerely,

Your #1 fan

Old
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Well... if we are going to write him... we better damn well spell his name right.

The thread has it wrong as well...

It's Zach Parise...

Old
02-05-2012, 06:26 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Elaborated my thoughts on Zach for FRB.

http://www.firstroundbust.com/2012/0...ch-parise.html

Old
03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
The smart play would be to have cap space cleared by the draft, trade for Parise's rights post-draft, sign him, and call Suter, with Parise, on July 1 at noon.

I wonder if Harding's rights + mid pick would be enough to get Parise's rights around the draft.
Zidlicky gone. Mission accomplished? Probably one more forward needs to go before the draft. Bouchard or Cullen?

Then you'd have something like...

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Clutterbuck - Brodziak - Setoguchi
reasonably cheap thrid line + one of Bouchard/Cullen
cheap fourth line

Suter - Gilbert
Scandella- Spurgeon
Prosser - Falk
Kampfer

Backstrom
Hackett

With MIN top prospects on deck...

F
Larsson - Granlund - Coyle
Zucker - Phillips - Bulmer
Lucia - Almond - (2012 1st rndr?)

D
Brodin - Cuma

G
Kuemper
Gustafsson

That type of evolving roster should be cap compliant (with room to spare) for years...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise (~$7.000m) / Mikko Koivu ($6.750m) / Dany Heatley ($7.500m)
Pierre-Marc Bouchard ($4.080m) / Mikael Granlund (~$2.000m) / Devin Setoguchi ($3.000m)
Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m) / Kyle Brodziak ($2.833m) / Nick Palmieri (~$1.000m)
Brett Bulmer ($0.900m) / Zack Phillips ($1.000m) / Charlie Coyle ($0.975m)
Matt Kassian (~$0.600m) / Darroll Powe ($1.066m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter (~$7.000m) / Tom Gilbert ($4.000m)
Marco Scandella ($0.845m) / Jared Spurgeon ($0.526m)
Justin Falk (~$0.825m) / Nate Prosser ($0.825m)
Steven Kampfer ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m) / Matthew Hackett ($0.900m)

BUYOUTS
Mark Parrish ($0.927m) / Cam Barker ($0.541m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000;
CAP PAYROLL: $63,346,944 ($740,000 BONUSES)
CAP SPACE: $953,056 (23-man roster)

Assumptions: Cullen (3.5M x 1Y) + Johnson (RFA) + Latendresse (RFA) are traded (perhaps in some sort of bundle to entice a team to take on Cullen's final contract year)

Last edited by JawandaPuck: 03-06-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old
03-06-2012, 07:35 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Zidlicky gone. Mission accomplished? Probably one more forward needs to go before the draft. Bouchard or Cullen?
Problem is basically we cleared Schultz' salary but not Zidlicky.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:03 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post

Then you'd have something like...

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Clutterbuck - Brodziak - Setoguchi
reasonably cheap thrid line + one of Bouchard/Cullen
cheap fourth line

Suter - Gilbert
Scandella- Spurgeon
Prosser - Falk
Kampfer

Backstrom
Hackett

With MIN top prospects on deck...

F
Larsson - Granlund - Coyle
Zucker - Phillips - Bulmer
Lucia - Almond - (2012 1st rndr?)

D
Brodin - Cuma

G
Kuemper
Gustafsson

That type of evolving roster should be cap compliant (with room to spare) for years...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise (~$7.000m) / Mikko Koivu ($6.750m) / Dany Heatley ($7.500m)
Pierre-Marc Bouchard ($4.080m) / Mikael Granlund (~$2.000m) / Devin Setoguchi ($3.000m)
Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m) / Kyle Brodziak ($2.833m) / Nick Palmieri (~$1.000m)
Brett Bulmer ($0.900m) / Zack Phillips ($1.000m) / Charlie Coyle ($0.975m)
Matt Kassian (~$0.600m) / Darroll Powe ($1.066m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter (~$7.000m) / Tom Gilbert ($4.000m)
Marco Scandella ($0.845m) / Jared Spurgeon ($0.526m)
Justin Falk (~$0.825m) / Nate Prosser ($0.825m)
Steven Kampfer ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m) / Matthew Hackett ($0.900m)

BUYOUTS
Mark Parrish ($0.927m) / Cam Barker ($0.541m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000;
CAP PAYROLL: $63,346,944 ($740,000 BONUSES)
CAP SPACE: $953,056 (23-man roster)

Assumptions: Cullen (3.5M x 1Y) + Johnson (RFA) + Latendresse (RFA) are traded (perhaps in some sort of bundle to entice a team to take on Cullen's final contract year)
bouchard probably won't be legally tradeable or able to skate. Just throwing that out there.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Wasted Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Well... if we are going to write him... we better damn well spell his name right.

The thread has it wrong as well...

It's Zach Parise...
Thank god, I thought I was wrong when I saw the title.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Talent View Post
Thank god, I thought I was wrong when I saw the title.
Your avatar is gold btw

Old
03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Wasted Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Your avatar is gold btw
I'm embracing the tank

Old
03-07-2012, 01:55 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
bouchard probably won't be legally tradeable or able to skate. Just throwing that out there.
In that case, no need to trade Cullen. Just put Bouchard on LTIR. Voila. Opens up enough space to possibly re-sign Latendresse under the above scenario (especially if the new CBA still facilitates another cap ceiling rise).

WSH has had Tom Poti on LTIR all season, allowing them to remain cap client.

BTW, to bad about PMB. He was on pace for his first 20G season since 2007.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Probably time to drop the Parise to Wild sentiments. The team looks way too pathetic right now. No way any premier free agent with any desire to win now signs here.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:24 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Parise about playing in MIN:

He said none of his friends in the Twin Cities have told him they'd like to see him end up playing for the Wild, but then admitted he wouldn't say so even if they did. How about your dad? "He would love it." Zach said.

"I like playing in New Jersey. Things change, and you never know what will happen. I think it would always be cool for a kid to play where he grew up."

The new house he bought this past Sept is literally a half hour from the Xcel Energy Ctr. And its not just some summer cabin. Rather, its a $3M mansion right on the lake.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Probably time to drop the Parise to Wild sentiments. The team looks way too pathetic right now. No way any premier free agent with any desire to win now signs here.
If I was GMCF I'd say to Parise "don't look at our injury riddled misery after december, look at our our pre-december league leading group, with that system you're right at home, right back at playing winning hockey centered by Mikko Koivu, thats what we are [I]going[I] to do with Yeo."

Old
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I can't see how the second half of this season could have any meaningful effect upon a premier free agent's decision for or against playing here. Sure, a playoff run might have helped things a little, but this isn't hurting things. The fact is, any premier player would be signing for decently long term. How many of our current roster players will actually be here in 3 years? Koivu, Hackett, Scandella...anyone else?

I don't expect Parise to sign with us, but we shouldn't act like it's because of our poor play since December.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
BHoke23

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I can't see how the second half of this season could have any meaningful effect upon a premier free agent's decision for or against playing here. Sure, a playoff run might have helped things a little, but this isn't hurting things. The fact is, any premier player would be signing for decently long term. How many of our current roster players will actually be here in 3 years? Koivu, Hackett, Scandella...anyone else?

I don't expect Parise to sign with us, but we shouldn't act like it's because of our poor play since December.
And like someone said before free agents aren't dumb. They aren't going to look at how a team ended up in the standings at the end of the year and think that is their potential for the next 5-10 years. If you're a GM you lay down your plans for the team in the terms you wish to sell to the free agent. In Parise's case that is obviously coming home and the fact that this system is his playstyle. Not to mention he would be the cornerstone and most legitimate scoring threat moving forward.

If anything this year is helping us by getting a good draft pick that only helps our future plans.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM
nickschultzfan

Wow, that's like my dream home.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I could live in about a quarter of that house.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
mnwildgophers

Obviously, he likes to spend time here in the offseason, it would make sense as if we can land a big fish, that'd likely put us over the top in the next couple of years. I really don't think that the ending to this year has a huge impact on what will happen as far as free agents go, they are looking for the future.

He'll be a guy that we'll go after hard, but who knows if he wants to sign here or go elsewhere, we won't know until the offseason, but I'd say he's likely to not re-sign in NJ before he can be on the open market. He'll get $8M a year easy on the open market, I just hope we can land him. It would be absolutely HUGE for this franchise.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
hockeytrain crew
Rookie User

It's probably not the right page to talk about this issue but the Wild have little to no talent on the current playing roster. Poor MNwild fans have to watch Heatley with Brodz and Johnson on a line.

Having Koivu out kills us at the center position. All we have right now is a bunch of good 3rd and 4th line players trying to play 1st and 2nd line positions.

Don't get me wrong, I like Johnson and Brodz. I like Cullen and Powe. I like a lot of our players that we have, but only if they're playing on the correct line. We don't have the skill we need on our top 2 lines when Bouchard, Lats, and Koivu are missing. Our depth will be much better next with some youth coming in but this year we don't have it.

If we can get Parise to come in that would be great. It's a long shot with teams like the Red Wings having cap space too. They get who they want generally.

Landing Parise would help our talent on the top 2 lines for next year. Leaving us with options for guys like Cullen and Brodz to be big time players on the 3rd and 4th lines, with the possibility of stepping in on the 1st or 2nd line if injuries come up.

This year is over and I'm just hoping the wild can battle through it. I want to see effort and some heart. Hate to see teams roll over, so hopefully they can fight through it the rest of the year and be ready come next season!

Last edited by GopherState: 03-07-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Advertising
Old
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytrain crew View Post
It's probably not the right page to talk about this issue but the Wild have little to no talent on the current playing roster. Poor MNwild fans have to watch Heatley with Brodz and Johnson on a line.

Having Koivu out kills us at the center position. All we have right now is a bunch of good 3rd and 4th line players trying to play 1st and 2nd line positions.

Don't get me wrong, I like Johnson and Brodz. I like Cullen and Powe. I like a lot of our players that we have, but only if they're playing on the correct line. We don't have the skill we need on our top 2 lines when Bouchard, Lats, and Koivu are missing. Our depth will be much better next with some youth coming in but this year we don't have it.

If we can get Parise to come in that would be great. It's a long shot with teams like the Red Wings having cap space too. They get who they want generally.

Landing Parise would help our talent on the top 2 lines for next year. Leaving us with options for guys like Cullen and Brodz to be big time players on the 3rd and 4th lines, with the possibility of stepping in on the 1st or 2nd line if injuries come up.

This year is over and I'm just hoping the wild can battle through it. I want to see effort and some heart. Hate to see teams roll over, so hopefully they can fight through it the rest of the year and be ready come next season!
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the love for Powe? I mean the guy is what -14?

Last edited by GopherState: 03-07-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
03-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
If I'd have to spend $3m on a house, it wouldn't be that. I just... don't like it. Too gloomy, too brown and trying too much. I'd get myself something much more modern and nice, and from a better location.

Closed Thread