HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Old
02-04-2012, 06:01 PM
One Trick Pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
Guys Gomez isn't "down" right now, he's not in a slump... he's just OVERPAID. That's all. He's not giving up on the team, he plays pretty well for a 3rd/4th center. He shouldn't be ashamed of how he plays, he was offered a crapload of money and took it like everyone else would. Gainey/Gauthier should be ashamed and that's why the fans are ridiculing the situation. Nobody's saying Gomez is the most horrible player in the NHL.
Exactly.. Gainey should come out and take the blame for Gomez because fans are too stupid to understand alone that it's not a player's fault if he is overpaid..

edit: already an example on the post just below mine. And the one after.

Last edited by One Trick Pony: 02-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.
One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:02 PM
sampollock

Wow. Gomer is getting paid more money then any of us could ever image and some defend this guy. Sad

Live up to your pay. Or retire

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
great to see i'm not the only one. Makes my stomach turn to see so many people so dedicated at celebrating another person's misery. At the lowest point in those people's lives, i hope someone kicks em while their down and blatantly laughs at their misfortunes. Just for kicks.
7.4m

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
7.4m
the price to dehumanize a person?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Montreal the best fans in the NHL? Ya right, think again.

I can't believe the extent that people will go to ridicule a person. I am not happy that we are losing nor am I happy that Gomez hasn't scored a goal in over calendar year, but really does that give us the right, as the best fans, to ridicule him? I don't remember hearing anything like this happen in any other city when Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Philly etc. were losing. (although if anyone can let me know if they had seen something of this nature, inform me please) So how are we the best fans?

This year I have found myself trying to keep interest, but unlike other years I don't care if I miss a game. My nonchalance is due more from MANAGEMENT choice than any individual player. If the fans really cared about the product on the ice and wanted to do something about it, we should stop spending money on the team, going to games, watching it on TV. Gomez is not the problem but we pick on him because it makes us feel better about the situation. Since we can't laugh and be happy that the team is winning, so let's laugh at someone else's misfortune. I've heard all kinds of excuses, but in the end a "great fanbase" stands by their players win or lose, up or down. Not the Montreal Canadeins fanbase, we like to slander our players to the point where they, nor anyone else would want to join this team anymore. Ok sure the fans insulting Gomez are having a good laugh, but who will have the last laugh when we notice players have no interest in joining this team because they fear similar exposure.

This is the MANAGEMENTS problem, not any individual player. Unfortunately for the "best fans" in the NHL, they are the most disconnected from reality. If we want to make an impact, hit them where it hurts, the wallet. Hurting Gomez, ridiculing him changes nothing.
Bro, for the longest time I've said we have some of the worst fans in sports. Completely pathetic.

And they wonder why we have to overpay through the ass to get free agents to come here.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I dislike Gomez the hockey player, which is made even worst by the assets given and his pay, but this is just childish and immature.

Guy sucks. But don't pile it on by mobbing up against him.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Rant: Fans "cheering" when Gomez has the puck

I don't know if everyone cheering for Gomez when he has the puck is cheering out of sarcasm or actually rooting for the guy. I feel that the majority of fans are cheering out of sarcasm. If thats the case then I'am disgraced to be a habs fan all standings/stats aside. Give the guy a ****ing break.

Sure he is extremely underachieving but wow I have never seen such a childish fanbase in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez ends up on suicide watch seriously. No wonder our team can't do squat because the media and fans are up everyones ass constantly and are gripping the sticks tight. I'm tired of this crap and tired of a bunch of classless fans whining and crying when one little thing doesn't go our way. NEWS FLASH: IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM!..They can just overcome it for the most part. But since we dwell on everything it makes things impossible to overcome. The fans, and media is a joke. So much so that the fans sarcastically cheer for a man who is obviously depressed, pressured and feels horrible for his non production.

I'm not here to bash all fans just a small amount. And I'm here to bash all media because the Montreal media is a graveyard for players when they don't perform, No wonder when we trade players that underachieve they all of a sudden score 30.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I don't know if everyone cheering for Gomez when he has the puck is cheering out of sarcasm or actually rooting for the guy. I feel that the majority of fans are cheering out of sarcasm. If thats the case then I'am disgraced to be a habs fan all standings/stats aside. Give the guy a ****ing break.

Sure he is extremely underachieving but wow I have never seen such a childish fanbase in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez ends up on suicide watch seriously. No wonder our team can't do squat because the media and fans are up everyones ass constantly and are gripping the sticks tight. I'm tired of this crap and tired of a bunch of classless fans whining and crying when one little thing doesn't go our way. NEWS FLASH: IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM!..They can just overcome it for the most part. But since we dwell on everything it makes things impossible to overcome. The fans, and media is a joke. So much so that the fans sarcastically cheer for a man who is obviously depressed, pressured and feels horrible for his non production.

I'm not here to bash all fans just a small amount. And I'm here to bash all media because the Montreal media is a graveyard for players when they don't perform, No wonder when we trade players that underachieve they all of a sudden score 30.
How many games did you attend so far this year? Simple legit question cause I personally attended one and felt I got robbed watching that crap, a night that cost me about 200$ for a non show.. Now I can understand a bit better how season tickets holder feel and if I was one of them, trust me that I would find ways to deride that ridiculous on ice product as well..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 02-04-2012 at 07:23 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
LeHab

I thought he was getting booed at first. The cheers were to silence the boos?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

I feel the same. I think it's reflective of our fan base. Embarrassed about it a bit.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Kriss E

What's really funny is Carbo whining about it on AC after.
He said it's unfair that the fans will boo Qc born players like Breezer, but Gomez get's cheered. What an idiot...lol

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:13 PM
icerocket

Quote:

Lol

Ya lemme cry about the millionaire who sucks at his job and now people who spend their hard earned money see one of the worst Habs teams in a looooong time and he is a big part of why.

Sick an tired of people blaming the fans and the media about the failures of the Habs. Passion goes both ways, Montreal is a heaven to play in when you win and a hell when you lose.

They make the big bucks they can take it.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
WhiskeySeven

The Bell Centre was a cauldron of silence all season and Gomez hasn't done squat for 2 year - good for the fans.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Lol

Ya lemme cry about the millionaire who sucks at his job and now people who spend their hard earned money see one of the worst Habs teams in a looooong time and he is a big part of why.

Sick an tired of people blaming the fans and the media about the failures of the Habs. Passion goes both ways, Montreal is a heaven to play in when you win and a hell when you lose.

guess thats why all of the players say how much they "love" the fans and the media so much and how we get all the good FA's..I know its not all about the fans and media but its a big reason why players don't come here and why players fail here also. Hence why we never sign any big name players what so ever, It's well known that players hate the pressure here

Old
02-04-2012, 07:17 PM
m00ks

Relax. It's not like he's a human being, he's a millionaire.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
The Bell Centre was a cauldron of silence all season and Gomez hasn't done squat for 2 year - good for the fans.
good for the fans for possibly ruing a persons life over a frigging game. People on here can't see past their own nose

Old
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Dekar

My personal opinion: they were rooting for Gomez. Gomer is a likable guy despite his shortcomings (read: albatross of a contract), and I think it would be a laugh-at-ourselves-funny but endearing moment when he finally does score. Imagine if it was tomorrow on the anniversary? The Bell Centre would go nuts and I wouldn't blame them. We have to take what little pleasures we can get after this abortion of a season.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
good for the fans for possibly ruing a persons life over a frigging game. People on here can't see past their own nose
LOL you are dramatizing a little. What Gomez gets, he deserves. The fan have been very patient with him. I guess after 1 year of patience with him, the fans are saying enought is enought.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
larek

Quote:
guess thats why all of the players say how much the "love" the fans and the media so much and how we get all the good FA's..I know its not all about the fans and media but its a big reason why players don't come here and why players fail here also. Hence why we never sign any big name players what so ever, It's well known that players hate the pressure here
well dont go to montreal __ gomez c an always quit if its too much for the tycoon

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
icerocket

Quote:
guess thats why all of the players say how much the "love" the fans and the media so much and how we get all the good FA's..I know its not all about the fans and media but its a big reason why players don't come here and why players fail here also. Hence why we never sign any big name players what so ever, It's well known that players hate the pressure here
If Montreal actually had a good team then players would be willing to sign.

Why should I cheer for a team that doesn't care or support Gomez who makes millions of dollars but has been so bad for so long it has become a joke.

I'm sorry but Quebec has the highest unemployment rate in Canada (Montreal's being even higher) and we see this millionaire put in pathetic performance after pathetic performance night after night. When if any one of us would have been this bad for as long as Gomez has been, we would have been out of a job.

It's not the fans fault and they have every right to be pissed.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
LOL you are dramatizing a little. What Gomez gets, he deserves. The fan have been very patient with him. I guess after 1 year of patience with him, the fans are saying enought is enought.
fans have been very patient - infact i still dont hear boos when has the puck

Old
02-04-2012, 07:22 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Lol

Passion my ass. A lot of Hab fans are just self-entitled **********.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Lol

Explain to me how Gomez is a big part of why this team is awful?

As for cheering Gomez, all I can say is I'm pretty embarrassed to be a Habs fan. Also embarrassed for anyone who tries to justify it.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
If Montreal actually had a good team then players would be willing to sign.

Why should I cheer for a team that doesn't care or support Gomez who makes millions of dollars but has been so bad for so long it has become a joke.

I'm sorry but Quebec has the highest unemployment rate in Canada (Montreal's being even higher) and we see this millionaire put in pathetic performance after pathetic performance night after night. When if any one of us would have been this bad for as long as Gomez has been, we would have been out of a job.

It's not the fans fault and they have every right to be pissed.
Why even bother watching sports if you're going to cry about athlete salaries and the unemployment rate?

I'm laughing at all the silly reasons people are trying to make up to justify booing a player. It's classless and dumb. How can you want the team to win, yet boo its players. Is there anything constructive about booing or chastising a player?

Old
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Explain to me how Gomez is a big part of why this team is awful?

As for cheering Gomez, all I can say is I'm pretty embarrassed to be a Habs fan. Also embarrassed for anyone who tries to justify it.
justify what??
hes been treated overly well by fans - he was roundly booed by ranger fans