HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Old
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
icerocket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Explain to me how Gomez is a big part of why this team is awful?

As for cheering Gomez, all I can say is I'm pretty embarrassed to be a Habs fan. Also embarrassed for anyone who tries to justify it.
Gomez was the central piece if we are to believe the rumours. The one who was the reason why Gionta and Cammalleri (lol) signed with the Habs.

It's pathetic that he has been so bad for so long.

Sorry this isn't Florida where nobody gives a **** about hockey.

I'm embarrassed that people actually defend Gomez here.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Why even bother watching sports if you're going to cry about athlete salaries and the unemployment rate?

I'm laughing at all the silly reasons people are trying to make up to justify booing a player. It's classless and dumb. How can you want the team to win, yet boo its players. Is there anything constructive about booing or chastising a player?
booing players?? you think it doesnt happen?? in alot ofdifferent sports
gomez hasnthardly heard boos in montreal which is surprising
lol--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I don't know if everyone cheering for Gomez when he has the puck is cheering out of sarcasm or actually rooting for the guy. I feel that the majority of fans are cheering out of sarcasm. If thats the case then I'am disgraced to be a habs fan all standings/stats aside. Give the guy a ****ing break.

Sure he is extremely underachieving but wow I have never seen such a childish fanbase in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez ends up on suicide watch seriously. No wonder our team can't do squat because the media and fans are up everyones ass constantly and are gripping the sticks tight. I'm tired of this crap and tired of a bunch of classless fans whining and crying when one little thing doesn't go our way. NEWS FLASH: IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM!..They can just overcome it for the most part. But since we dwell on everything it makes things impossible to overcome. The fans, and media is a joke. So much so that the fans sarcastically cheer for a man who is obviously depressed, pressured and feels horrible for his non production.

I'm not here to bash all fans just a small amount. And I'm here to bash all media because the Montreal media is a graveyard for players when they don't perform, No wonder when we trade players that underachieve they all of a sudden score 30.
He should be booooooooooooo right out of town , the GD **** head. the only way i would give him a cheer is if he gave half of his pay to the charity. jesus people give up the gomaz thing.
If he has mental problems over it, go see a doctor and appy for disablity and stop sucking the habs.
I'll be glad when his ass is out of town

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Gomez was the central piece if we are to believe the rumours. The one who was the reason why Gionta and Cammalleri (lol) signed with the Habs.

It's pathetic that he has been so bad for so long.

Sorry this isn't Florida where nobody gives a **** about hockey.

I'm embarrassed that people actually defend Gomez here.
If you actually were a true fan of hockey you wouldn't boo your players. you would stick behind your team through thick and thin. Thats what makes you love your team. Do you see the Yankees, Celtics, Packers and Lakers boo their players?..no Because they stick behind their team. The Yankees were horrid in the late 80's early 90's yet they stood behind their team. Give me a break

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Why even bother watching sports if you're going to cry about athlete salaries and the unemployment rate?

I'm laughing at all the silly reasons people are trying to make up to justify booing a player. It's classless and dumb. How can you want the team to win, yet boo its players. Is there anything constructive about booing or chastising a player?
Lol at the lenghts people go to defend Gomez.

Sorry I'm not a complete homer. People who play a game for a living should actually give a damn.

And booing is part of freedom of expression. Fans pay money, they can boo or cheer. Don't like it when fans boo? Too bad.

Oh no we might hurt someone's feelings!!!

Come on. I'm sure you guys are more hurt by the "boos" then Gomez is.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
He should be booooooooooooo right out of town , the GD **** head. the only way i would give him a cheer is if he gave half of his pay to the charity. jesus people give up the gomaz thing.
If he has mental problems over it, go see a doctor and appy for disablity and stop sucking the habs.
I'll be glad when his ass is out of town
buddy I literally read 3 words in your post and I stopped because everything you post is a disaster

Old
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
If you actually were a true fan of hockey you wouldn't boo your players. you would stick behind your team through thick and thin. Thats what makes you love your team. Do you see the Yankees, Celtics, Packers and Lakers boo their players?..no Because they stick behind their team. The Yankees were horrid in the late 80's early 90's yet they stood behind their team. Give me a break
Yes... you kidding me? ALex Rodriguez was bood silly for many seasons... ANd if they would lose like we do, they would boo even more

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Rgolt

If Gomez actually cared that much he would either take a pay cut or give a large portion of his salary to a charity.
The fact that he hasnt done that yet (I know he donates, but im talking about a good 30-40% of his contract at least) means he clearly doesnt care enough to do something about it.
As a season ticket holder, me and the other 20000 people who buy tickets every game, are the reason Gomez is able to get paid by the Habs, and if were not satisfied with his play we have every right to boo or mock him. Am I saying its right? well probably not; however, as people paying for a product that we're not satisfied with, we have a right to complain

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Haaabs

How do you feel bad for Gomez? He is playing hockey for a living being paid millions of dollars to do it.

Being cheered, being booed, it comes with the job. In any other occupation if you were to perform the way he has for the past year you would have been fired.

Gomez isn't fully to blame for the team's performance. He is however to blame for his own performance. Its not like he shows up and plays hard every night. If he was, he'd have a few bounces go his way.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:

Sorry I'm not a complete homer. People who play a game for a living should actually give a damn.

And booing is part of freedom of expression. Fans pay money, they can boo or cheer. Don't like it when fans boo? Too bad.

This really isn't about Gomez its about humanity and the principal on how to tread people. Its about any player in any sport that get booed and go home bummed out. No your not a homer your a pessimist and a hater. Just stop your digging yourself in a deeper hole

Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Yes... you kidding me? ALex Rodriguez was bood silly for many seasons... ANd if they would lose like we do, they would boo even more
You're talking about New Yorkers. They're angry all the time.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Fans should stop booing when the opponents touches the puck. Fans should stop booing the ex-habs. Fans should stop booing their own players. And now fans should stop cheering their own players.

Fans.....just stop paying to go see them....

Yes, some fans act stupidly. I heard that elsewhere as well. And true that people should stop saying how we are the most knowledgeable fans and all that crap about how great we are and all 'cause it's not true. That's just the kind of misconception that also goes with that supposed speedy and skilled team we're supposed to have....I guess it goes together.

But there's a freakin limit as to what we can tell them to do or not. And mostly when it's coming from people who actually AREN'T at the Bell Centre and can just change the channel whenever they are not happy compared to the fans that are actually glued to their seat.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
larek

Quote:
yankees boo thereplayers !!lol even Arod has been booed

Old
02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
larek

Quote:
This really isn't about Gomez its about humanity and the principal on how to tread people. Its about any player in any sport that get booed and go home bummed out. No your not a homer your a pessimist and a hater. Just stop your digging yourself in a deeper hole
you need to change sports maybe dressage

Old
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i'm usually impartial to posters and never use the ignore button because that takes away from the fun of things, but damnit young gun, i broke my nose because of you. everything you post is a ****ing hard facepalm. i'd love to spend a day in your mind so i could try to empathize and understand how you are a person that lives in society and thinks thoughts. unfathomable.

oh to be a laymen. ignorance really is bliss, i could just float along in life without a care.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
icerocket

Quote:
Ya I'm sure nobody ever booed them. Only the awful mean bad fans in Montreal.

Who are you to say who cannot boo? A true fan? lol

Ya keep cheering on mediocrity it got us all the way to the bottom.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

And LOL @ the lengths some will go to try to ruin a player. Don't like Gomez on the team? Too bad!

You're so blinded by your agenda you can't even think properly. It has nothing to do with his feelings. It has to do with getting him to step his game up and booing is NEVER CONSTRUCTIVE!!! I don't care how much a player makes..he's still a frigging human being. You like hearing about Brisebois crying in his car?

It amazes me how pathetic some fans lives must be that they get joy out of booing a player just because he makes more money than them. Silly

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
And LOL @ the lengths some will go to try to ruin a player. Don't like Gomez on the team? Too bad!

You're so blinded by your agenda you can't even think properly. It has nothing to do with his feelings. It has to do with getting him to step his game up and booing is NEVER CONSTRUCTIVE!!! I don't care how much a player makes..he's still a frigging human being. You like hearing about Brisebois crying in his car?

It amazes me how pathetic some fans lives must be that they get joy out of booing a player just because he makes more money than them. Silly
Booing?
People were cheering him. Maybe they were hoping the cheering would encourage him to score.

Don't forget that this was a 2pm EST game. Meaning that this is one of those games were there weren't as many drunks in the Molson section and the Bell Centre was filled with kids. They might have been encouraging him.

Either way, Gomez isn't a child. He knows that he's been playing poorly. The whole team has been playing poorly.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Fans should stop booing when the opponents touches the puck. Fans should stop booing the ex-habs. Fans should stop booing their own players. And now fans should stop cheering their own players.

Fans.....just stop paying to go see them....

Yes, some fans act stupidly. I heard that elsewhere as well. And true that people should stop saying how we are the most knowledgeable fans and all that crap about how great we are and all 'cause it's not true. That's just the kind of misconception that also goes with that supposed speedy and skilled team we're supposed to have....I guess it goes together.

But there's a freakin limit as to what we can tell them to do or not. And mostly when it's coming from people who actually AREN'T at the Bell Centre and can just change the channel whenever they are not happy compared to the fans that are actually glued to their seat.....

Holy **** are people sensitive in here in regards to Gomez. Fans have had enough of the player, not the person. They boo or cheer the player Gomez is, not the person. He might be a nice guy, funny, loving, caring... But the fans go to watch hockey, a form of entertainment. We're passionate about it, and when we see a player not performing well, looking like he doesn't give a ****ing **** about the jersey he's wearing, then boo/cheer out of sarcasm or happiness/chant/sing ridicule songs all you want. We're doing it to the player, not the person.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
Booing?
People were cheering him. Maybe they were hoping the cheering would encourage him to score.

Don't forget that this was a 2pm EST game. Meaning that this is one of those games were there weren't as many drunks in the Molson section and the Bell Centre was filled with kids. They might have been encouraging him.
I'm talking about the booing all season. I'm not too sure about the cheering...seemed pretty sarcastic. It's pretty dumb.

Anyways, Gomez has been the wiping boy for this team's poor play and I don't quite get it. He was injured for a huge chunk of the season and the team sucked. There are so many other problems besides Gomez it's not funny. I'm not saying Gomez isn't a big problem, but he's one of many.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

lol I too find the booing kinda lame-ish, but to feel worried about him being on suicide watch?

He was caught partying hard in NJ with his friends and not a single **** was given...

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:45 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post

Holy **** are people sensitive in here in regards to Gomez. Fans have had enough of the player, not the person. They boo or cheer the player Gomez is, not the person. He might be a nice guy, funny, loving, caring... But the fans go to watch hockey, a form of entertainment. We're passionate about it, and when we see a player not performing well, looking like he doesn't give a ****ing **** about the jersey he's wearing, then boo/cheer out of sarcasm or happiness/chant/sing ridicule songs all you want. We're doing it to the player, not the person.
Gomez doesn't care? This is gold.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:46 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:

I don't encourage booing a player, but I'll find it amusing, humorous, and original if they cheer him every time he gets the puck and sing happy birthday Gomez. Yes, it's ridicule, but it ain't ****ing mean. And step his game up? Fans have to help him step his game up? They've waited long enough...

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
you need to change sports maybe dressage
hows that grade 9 education treating you?

Old
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
larek

Quote:
I'm talking about the booing all season. I'm not too sure about the cheering...seemed pretty sarcastic. It's pretty dumb.

Anyways, Gomez has been the wiping boy for this team's poor play and I don't quite get it. He was injured for a huge chunk of the season and the team sucked. There are so many other problems besides Gomez it's not funny. I'm not saying Gomez isn't a big problem, but he's one of many.
wheres the booing ?? i dont hear much if any booing on gomez-- where is this cruel booing of gomez