HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#53, 2/4/12, Kings @ Hurricanes 1-2L Postgame THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Guys... I hate the game just as much as everybody, but what bothersme with some of the posts is the opinion that this game was somehow supposed to be an automatic win.

Are you aware that more objective opinion was, that both teams had equal chances to win?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Kopi is not worth his contract, he's not putting up numbers, you dont pay someone to be a great defensive center when you have a great goalie and good defense, your offense needs to be all about goals, i wouldn't mind trading kopi for some offensive minded wingers and since we have many centers, just use one of them. Honestly trading kopi we can get awesome wingers.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Imagine Kopitar playing in a system like Detroit's or Philly's. He would be top 5 in the NHL.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I agree and I don't think anyone wants to trade him for anything less than an overpayment, but as a GM Dean would have to consider offers for him.
Kopitar should and possibly will play his entire career in LA.

He could wind up being the best center in Kings history after Wayne. How could you possibly get equal value for a player like that in a trade?

This is ridiculous.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Kopitar is seriously the least of our problems. I can think of lots of players that make more than him who I'd rather NOT have.

Do you guys want to bash Doughty now? He makes more than Kopitar and has clearly been worse.

Funny how people want trade Kopitar, but Richards gets the "he might be injured" free pass. You could just as easily make up a BS excuse for Kopitar.
Changes must be made period. If the offer is right he should not be untouchable.

Winger23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Players Kopi has more points than (playing on the worst offensive team in the league):
Ilya Kovalchuk
Patrick Kane
Zach Parise
Joe Thornton
Marian Gaborik
Jarome Iginla
Vincent Lecavalier
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin

And he plays defense...

Kopitar and Quick are the only untouchables in my mind. Johnson, Doughty, and Richards can be had for overpayment.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
You act like I'd trade him for a bag of pucks.
Now what kind of package would you trade Kopitar for?
And for which players (pure fantasy) could you make a proposal?

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Looking at 11-4-6 as being a losing record is pessimism at its finest. I'm not pretending that I'm not disappointed with losing but I saw this team get blown out regularly while missing the playoffs for seven straight years so seeing them not lose a game by more than two goals for over a month and a half is pretty solid to me. This team lost five straight games in December. Expecting them to suddenly shift from that into a powerhouse is ridiculous. The fact that we're even competing for a playoff spot considering how poorly this team played for most of the season is a miracle.
It's 10-4-6 under Sutter, and it's not "pessimism at it's finest." It is what it is. They've been on the winning end of 10 games with Sutter, and they've been on the losing end of 10 games under Sutter.

It's not an opinion. It's science.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Clock's ticking, Dean.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Kopi is not worth his contract, he's not putting up numbers, you dont pay someone to be a great defensive center when you have a great goalie and good defense, your offense needs to be all about goals, i wouldn't mind trading kopi for some offensive minded wingers and since we have many centers, just use one of them. Honestly trading kopi we can get awesome wingers.
The problem with this is, that after you test the plan and see that it turned into a failure, there is no reload button like in a computer game.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:00 PM
damacles1156

At dinner on my I phone. Guess it's a good idea I skipped the game.

Not worried about the loss.I want to see the team around march. See if the deadline changes anything.

If it's the same , well then the season is pretty much over. The kings are not going to make The playoffs scoring like this .

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheSlovenian

Can't the Kings keep Kopitar and get some SCORERS? And why does Richards get a pass?

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Players Kopi has more points than (playing on the worst offensive team in the league):
Ilya Kovalchuk
Patrick Kane
Zach Parise
Joe Thornton
Marian Gaborik
Jarome Iginla
Vincent Lecavalier
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin

And he plays defense...
Marleau, Kesler, E. Staal, Getzlaf, Nash, Vanek, Heatley, M. Koivu, Zetterberg, B. Richards...

Old
Jtown

Quote:
Kopitar is the closest thing in this league to Malkin. Guys just bounce off Kopitar, his possession ability is unreal. He is a legit first line C. Get him some wings to play with and he could do some damage.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Well this was Terry Murray hockey deluxe..

lots of reason why to lose.

1st of all Murray destroyed players like Kopitar, Brown, Johnson etc for years in their most important time of their career. When they have to pick up the NHL basics to succeed.

2nd As loopsided as Murrays system was as loopsided was Lombardis way to manage the club.
Drafting grit and grit and more grit and trade for grit.
Talent and skill as completely ignored.

Now we are in the wonderfull position to trade for talent

3rd the whole roster is unbalanced thanks to Mr. Lombardi
I see it like that:

XXX-Kopitar-Williams
XXX-Richards-Brown
Penner-Loktionov-XXX
Clifford-Lewis-XXX

to present a roster like that after 5 years would lead a GM fired instantly at a hockey interested owner's club.

So the mix from removed creativity plus an unba;anced roster presents us games like that.
I was hoping to get Murray hockey out of players head by march.
But as more games i watch as more i doubt that
You left out character players over skill. Aside from that, great points all around.

I said this in the GDT, we won't see any change in our current offensive system until next seasons training camp.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Butcher
Gutless

End the Kopitar trade crazy talk. He's not the problem and I think any NHL player, coach, gm, analyst, writer, or broadcaster would agree.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Imagine Kopitar playing in a system like Detroit's or Philly's. He would be top 5 in the NHL.
That's the whole problem here!!

Who is going to be the go-to guy here? I "thought" it was going to be Kopitar last year. Then bringing in Richards last offseason really meant that Kopitar would shine and lead this team to the next level i.e. competing for the Pac Div and/or the 2 - 5 seed in West. NONE of that is even close to happening.

Why can't "top level" talent excel in L.A.?!

Who is going to be this team's Yzerman? It's just not happening...

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
Can't the Kings keep Kopitar and get some SCORERS? And why does Richards get a pass?
id give richards a pass simply because he has to babysit stoll and Penner. Why should anyone have to be put through that type of torture.

Id think kopi would be better with stoll and penner than richards.

Williams richards Brown
Stoll Kopi Penner would be better for you guys. Richards just isnt the type of player to make guys around him significantly better.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Not making the playoffs wouldn't be such a terrible thing. I could enjoy games more. I wouldn't be pissed off for a couple days after losses. I could focus on other teams. Except then I will watch Detroit win another cup and be completely annoyed. Where's the fun for anyone other than the team's fans when 1 team constantly wins over and over again?

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Kopitar is the closest thing in this league to Malkin. Guys just bounce off Kopitar, his possession ability is unreal. He is a legit first line C. Get him some wings to play with and he could do some damage.
Sadly it's not only the wingers that's the problem here. The Kings play this Murray/Sutter kind of a grinding game where there is all focus on shuting down the opponent and keeping it a close low scoring affair. The coaching/GM staff will have to go if they can't adapt to the modern hockey.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Sadly it's not only the wingers that's the problem here. The Kings play this Murray/Sutter kind of a grinding game where there is all focus on shuting down the opponent and keeping it a close low scoring affair. The coaching/GM staff will have to go if they can't adapt to the modern hockey.
Thats how the Bruins won the cup, that is how the rangers are winning now. That type of style wins hockey games in the playoffs not wide open odd man rush style.

Plus you guys have the lineup to win that way with 2 way forwards saturated throughout the lineup, but guys like penner and stoll being on the 2nd line is just a no no. If gagne was healthy I really think he would make a huge impact on that second line. What is his status anyway?

Old
02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
It's 10-4-6 under Sutter, and it's not "pessimism at it's finest." It is what it is. They've been on the winning end of 10 games with Sutter, and they've been on the losing end of 10 games under Sutter.

It's not an opinion. It's science.
Until they take away points for going to overtime or a shootout, they still count. Florida has 11 OTL and they're sitting at the top of the southeast. Do you think any Panthers fans really care that much about why they're where they are in the standings? They're happy because they had reasonable expectations entering the season (missing the playoffs, probably) and their team is playing better than they hoped. Most of the rage around here seems to be based on the expectation that this Kings team would be leaps and bounds better than the teams from 09-10 and 10-11. This overall sense of entitlement after making the playoffs twice is ridiculous. Making the playoffs is not a right. Not pointing at you specifically it's just an overall theme. A lot of people
wrote off Carolina tonight. Well, Carolina is a pretty decent hockey team with a hell of a forecheck and we saw it tonight.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

That was a brutal back to back from a scheduling perspective (I was hoping a split - best case), but 1 goal in 2 games is pathetic regardless.

The team needs scoring help ASAP.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Kopitar is outscoring these players: Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrick Kane,
Zach Parise, Joe Thornton, Marian Gaborik, Jarome Iginla, Vincent Lecavalier, Corey Perry, Alex Ovechkin, Marleau, Kesler, E. Staal, Getzlaf, Nash, Vanek, Heatley, M. Koivu, Zetterberg, B. Richards, Stastny, Plekanec, Bergeron, Krejci, Eriksson...

while playing for the worst offensive team, where he's also one of the best defensive players on the team.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Thats how the Bruins won the cup, that is how the rangers are winning now. That type of style wins hockey games in the playoffs not wide open odd man rush style.

Plus you guys have the lineup to win that way with 2 way forwards saturated throughout the lineup, but guys like penner and stoll being on the 2nd line is just a no no. If gagne was healthy I really think he would make a huge impact on that second line. What is his status anyway?
Probably out for the year.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote